Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

I’m so excited to see yours . It’s the one thing that I wish was better on my 250. I will replace mine off season . I had bow pieces from gs on my 2021 and it’s way better product 

8 hours ago, IdahoRhino said:

Not sure how the boat made it through  quality control at the factory and actually shipped out. 

I think every thing makes it through qc.   My a22 was horrible but With it being all black it stood out.  It looks great now after having it polished to ceramic coat it 

31 minutes ago, tspark said:

I think every thing makes it through qc.   My a22 was horrible but With it being all black it stood out.  It looks great now after having it polished to ceramic coat it 

What are these issues you two are referring to? Asking so I know what to look for in the gel coat when I get mine. I also ordered an all black A22.

1 hour ago, TAQ44 said:

What are these issues you two are referring to? Asking so I know what to look for in the gel coat when I get mine. I also ordered an all black A22.

On ours there are patches of orange in the gunmetal metallic. That means the gunmetal was not completely sprayed in the mold before the orange gelcoat was sprayed. The only way to make the gunmetal metal flake look right is to spray the whole panel. 3 of the major panels have these flaws. The rear and both large side panels. So basically to make it look right, all the gunmetal metallic needs to be respirated. There are also quite a bit of what looks like orange peel on large parts of the orange gelcoat both on the outside and the interior of the boat. Those should be able to be wet sanded and buffed out.  There are also a few air voids that popped on the underside of the hull. So we will cross our fingers and see what happens. 

6 hours ago, IdahoRhino said:

On ours there are patches of orange in the gunmetal metallic. That means the gunmetal was not completely sprayed in the mold before the orange gelcoat was sprayed. The only way to make the gunmetal metal flake look right is to spray the whole panel. 3 of the major panels have these flaws. The rear and both large side panels. So basically to make it look right, all the gunmetal metallic needs to be respirated. There are also quite a bit of what looks like orange peel on large parts of the orange gelcoat both on the outside and the interior of the boat. Those should be able to be wet sanded and buffed out.  There are also a few air voids that popped on the underside of the hull. So we will cross our fingers and see what happens. 

sorry to hear that, very disappointing in a new boat - hopefully the wave helps you forget all the trials and tribulations to get there.

thinking out loud - could such issues be more common for certain colors than others?  i've only seen videos of boat factories, but if the mold were Gray and the color being sprayed were similarly Gray, i can envision somebody not realizing the coating is incomplete/thin.  ICBW.

9 hours ago, IdahoRhino said:

Interesting. Sorry to hear. That’s one way to spoil a long waited, huge investment. I hope the quality of these boats isn’t being sacrificed due to the insane demand and push to get so many boats out so quickly…

3 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

sorry to hear that, very disappointing in a new boat - hopefully the wave helps you forget all the trials and tribulations to get there.

thinking out loud - could such issues be more common for certain colors than others?  i've only seen videos of boat factories, but if the mold were Gray and the color being sprayed were similarly Gray, i can envision somebody not realizing the coating is incomplete/thin.  ICBW.

That is very possible. I haven’t been to the factory either so don’t completely understand the process. But I am thankful for a dealer that is going to battle with malibu/Axis to get this taken care of. Like the service writer said, “you still spent a significant amount of money for the boat and issues like this should have been taken care of at the factory and will be fixed. What won’t happen is a little blemish like this, keep you from enjoying the summer with family. It might be this fall after the dealer and malibu/axis figure out a solution that these issues get fixed.”   

I think this must be happening frequently as my dealer has already prepped me for the possibility.   My dealer has two locations and they are taking my boat when it arrives to the one that has capability to fix any gel coat issues and to test the boat on their private lake before delivery.   I am ok with it maybe delaying my delivery a week or so but if it much longer I would rather them just fix it over the off season.   

5 hours ago, gtfish said:

I think this must be happening frequently as my dealer has already prepped me for the possibility.   My dealer has two locations and they are taking my boat when it arrives to the one that has capability to fix any gel coat issues and to test the boat on their private lake before delivery.   I am ok with it maybe delaying my delivery a week or so but if it much longer I would rather them just fix it over the off season.   

My dealer has to have these fixed regularly. But they still  state it’s hit or miss . Mine took several weeks getting repaired and of course all the foot traffic in the boat ruined the floor . So now we wait for that . Funny thing , I got a survey from Malibu , filled it out , and got a call the same day . Hopefully that helps hurry up my tower issue and floor issue 

23 hours ago, TAQ44 said:

I wish I had takin pictures of all the spots. With boat being black all the major scuffs were white.  Had to take out all of the bow cushions to Romberg some on the edges the had to be there from putting the seats in and the out side had small scratches everywhere and was dull

On 2/5/2022 at 10:30 PM, Livinlogs said:

I’m looking forward to getting it on the water 

Have you gotten this beast on the water yet? Curious to hear your opinion on the surf wave vs your past couple A24s

13 hours ago, CaptainMorgan said:

Have you gotten this beast on the water yet? Curious to hear your opinion on the surf wave vs your past couple A24s

This coming weekend hopefully. I took my dealers advice based on his demo at the factory then his experience in their own 25lsv demo they had all summer . It was blind faith , hoping it was as good or better . I’m already anticipating where to place lead 

• Like 1

Mine is arriving any day now. Shipped last week. Fingers crossed there's no major issues with it. It would be a bummer after waiting 10 months. Hopefully everyone's issues are made right.

I am taking delivery of my T250 this weekend and get the break in done and back to the dealer to do the first service, tint, ceramic coat and stern turn install completed.  

So far I haven't been made aware of any gel coat or other issues, fingers crossed here too. 

Edited by gtfish
49 minutes ago, gtfish said:

I am taking delivery of my T250 this weekend and get the break in down and back to the dealer to do the first service, tint, ceramic coat and stern turn install completed.  

So far I haven't been made aware of any gel coat or other issues, fingers crossed here too. 

What did the Stern  turn install run you? 

8 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

What did the Stern  turn install run you? 

$7400 installed.  I am keeping the throttle stock and using the rocker switch for control.   Switching out the throttle was over $700 and the dealer thought the stock one was nicer.  

9 hours ago, gtfish said:

I am taking delivery of my T250 this weekend and get the break in down and back to the dealer to do the first service, tint, ceramic coat and stern turn install completed.  

When was your spray date?

Edited by AdrockATX

Mine was 7500 dry with triple axle trailer . Axis says 5500 dry but I don’t think the trailer weighs 2k . Add 94 gallons of fuel and all your gear , I bet it’s 6600 . I’m just guessing 

ahopkins22LSV

Not sure if it is still the case, but a safe assumption at the least, dry weight doesn't include anything but the boat itself. So tower, speakers, batteries, everything else is additional. I think 6600 is too small for a T25. The boat is huge.

On 4/22/2022 at 10:38 AM, gtfish said:

March 31st.   Boat arrived at the dealer the 18th.

Mine was the 31st too. Sounds like it’ll arrive Thursday