Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

45 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

Sorry mistook you for @MadCan, who did ask about side mounting above.  Carry on.  I like the Mikey Mouse ears concept!  Interesting issue with the extended bimini.  Makes the "basic" bimini + fluid concepts extension seem all the better.

I was not aware of the fluid concepts products, this is very interesting, it would prevent any needed modifications to the stock bimini

Lads with the boats incoming, please post up pics of the bimini, both top and bottom, thank you!  this will help me perhaps make a decision to modify my order

I did not order the extended bimini on my boat, so I cannot comment on it.  I did have the Fluid Concepts extended bimini on my last Axis, and it was excellent.  I plan to order one for this boat.

Talked to my dealer about mounting speakers going up the inside, side of tower like Malibu does and he thinks it’ll work using wetsounds swivel mounts. Once the boat arrives I’ll update if anyone is interested. 

• Like 3
6 hours ago, MadCan said:

Talked to my dealer about mounting speakers going up the inside, side of tower like Malibu does and he thinks it’ll work using wetsounds swivel mounts. Once the boat arrives I’ll update if anyone is interested. 

Yeah i thought about that but at 429$ per mount for me that's over $1700 to move the speakers, putting them above the bimini, i can use the existing mounts and then make some canvas mods, the canvas mods should be less than $300

7 hours ago, MadCan said:

not EXACTLY the same, but kinda.  I mounted a pair of rev 10s "in the bend" a few boats ago, and it worked great using the swivel clamps.

image.thumb.png.82b85969fa9299937d98fa691c27154b.png

Just so y’all have some photos for inspiration. My pods are JL. I use their ETX v3 swivel clamps.  They’re $300/pair these days. Mine were closer to $200 after discount back when I bought them 3 years ago. They are very nice clamps.

F5028572-D8EA-4B5D-AC66-3A100F2538A8.jpeg

45C608FE-18EE-4E64-8FF6-9CE34F8C15B6.jpeg

08D4A455-B8E3-437B-B7AD-EDD2C6E86128.jpeg

07EB74FA-FA28-4019-A643-16A877145A3D.jpeg

Edited by Slurpee
  • Like 2
20 hours ago, Maas said:

Did you guys get the extended bimini?

@Livinlogs @IdahoRhino @SurfNAZ  @filmerskier97

Can you take a pic of the bimini from the top, i'm wondering how easy it will be to mount the speakers above the bimini, and will in interfere with the surf pockets on the top of the bimini

We have the regular Bimini that have been used for a few years on axis. The extended Bimini option was not available when we ordered our boat on May 13. We plan on ordering a fluid concept rear extension. 

4 hours ago, Maas said:

Yeah i thought about that but at 429$ per mount for me that's over $1700 to move the speakers, putting them above the bimini, i can use the existing mounts and then make some canvas mods, the canvas mods should be less than $300

I am showing $429 a pair on amazon if these are the ones needed for an Axis tower.     https://tinyurl.com/2m8s4usa

20 minutes ago, gtfish said:

I am showing $429 a pair on amazon if these are the ones needed for an Axis tower.     https://tinyurl.com/2m8s4usa

Dang...I think I just threw a set of these out. Think I still kept a pair...maybe. I can check my lake place next week and I'd sell them for way below that.

EDIT:  Never mind. Those were for a Malibu.

Edited by tjklein
3 minutes ago, Maas said:

Am I missing something, if i want to just flip them above the bimini, i should be able to just re use the exisiting mounts

haha yeah, we ARE talking about @MadCan's side mounting idea now.  You are missing that.

14 hours ago, Maas said:

I haven't looked into the cost yet. If its pricey I'll likely just do the standard. Went down to my dealer today, he got the first T250 order in the other day. It's huge. Going from a 2007 VLX to this is a gigantic upgrade. Just made me that much more excited for ours to get in. Were planning on doing the flip side gel scheme and every other T250 I've seen has that. I cant seem to find one that has the straight up scheme, besides a few T220's. With the flake staining issue I really want to see one with a different gel scheme. Anyone order one without flip side or has anyone seen one? I just dont want to give up that amount of accent color. After seeing it though and seeing how much accent would be on it with the straight up scheme, it's got me thinking.

On 10/26/2021 at 10:14 AM, IdahoRhino said:

Hey guys, I went and looked at the boat yesterday in the the shop. First impression, the boat is awesome! It is substantially taller and has much more freeboard than our T23. The storage under the seats are also a lot deeper. Photos seriously don’t show these new boats very well at all. The subtle body lines on the side really add to the look of the boat and are built in to help shape the surf wave. We also added orange top stitch thread as an option and I was skeptical at first, but the detail of the orange thread on the different colors of vinyl on the seating really makes it pop and adds character to the interior. We are waiting for gator step to complete their templates so we can order the flooring. Also the plug-and-play bags are not in yet and are waiting for those to get installed. Malibu also ran out of paddle wheels for the speed indicator, so ours came with gps and when paddle wheels come available that will be added. We are on a river so gps does not work for setting cruise speeds when you have different currents constantly changing. The step down from the walk through ( so awesome to have that now) to the swim step although looks tall is not that bad. I was worried about that also. Some debate in the thread here on the tri axle trailer and dual axle trailer. I went with the tri axle because where we launch the boat at it is a gravel ramp into the river. We had some issues with our t23 when taking the boat out of the water last year. So going to the T250 now and it weighing a bit more I wanted an extra set of tires on the ground to displace the weight.  Other than that, the boat is very impressive. Axis did an amazing job on the new boats design and if you get a chance go take a look at one in person. 

Hey I just noticed on your boat you have graphite soft grip on the dash, glove box, and walk through. But no flooring or top deck. I'm trying to figure out a way to order mine with sepia brown floor and swim step ONLY and the rest graphite. I know you said you're getting gator step but did it just come by default with graphite in those areas?

Edited by MadCan
16 hours ago, MadCan said:

Hey I just noticed on your boat you have graphite soft grip on the dash, glove box, and walk through. But no flooring or top deck. I'm trying to figure out a way to order mine with sepia brown floor and swim step ONLY and the rest graphite. I know you said you're getting gator step but did it just come by default with graphite in those areas?

We ordered the boat with the soft grip deleted.  We found out that doesn’t mean there isn’t any soft grip on the boat. Everything you see in the photos and that you mentioned comes installed on the boat no matter what. So most likely we will be taking some, if not all of the factory soft grip off and installing gator step. The factory soft grip is horrible in terms of softness and quality of workmanship  compared to gator step material. The factory stuff is very stiff and has 90 degree edges, where the GatorStep has 45 degree machined edges and has a soft squishy feel  when you step on it as well as many colors and designs to better match boat colors. 

Edited by IdahoRhino
  • Like 2
6 hours ago, IdahoRhino said:

We ordered the boat with the soft grip deleted.  We found out that doesn’t mean there isn’t any soft grip on the boat. Everything you see in the photos and that you mentioned comes installed on the boat no matter what. So most likely we will be taking some, if not all of the factory soft grip off and installing gator step. The factory soft grip is horrible in terms of softness and quality of workmanship  compared to gator step material. The factory stuff is very stiff and has 90 degree edges, where the GatorStep has 45 degree machined edges and has a soft squishy feet when you step on it and many colors and designs to better match boat colors. 

I was torn on this as well, but opted for for the factory option so it would be included in the warranty. GS is definitely a better product though.

My issue with Gatorstep is that templating is a nightmare. My friend has a 2021 23LSV and whoever made the template did a horrible job. Many of the pieces don't look right. So I would be skeptical about who is making the template for the T250. My advice would be to get the paper cut sample and lay it all out and make sure the fitment is correct before approving them to cut the real deal.

2 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

My issue with Gatorstep is that templating is a nightmare. My friend has a 2021 23LSV and whoever made the template did a horrible job. Many of the pieces don't look right. So I would be skeptical about who is making the template for the T250. My advice would be to get the paper cut sample and lay it all out and make sure the fitment is correct before approving them to cut the real deal.

GatorStep now uses a digital templateing process. That is the reason for the delay at the moment on getting flooring in our boat. They are waiting for a t250 to become available so they can scan the boat and test fit the kits. They said the digital templates are much more accurate than the paper template kit you can use for one off projects.  So we patiently wait.

1 hour ago, Raimie said:

I was torn on this as well, but opted for for the factory option so it would be included in the warranty. GS is definitely a better product though.

The main reason we opted to delete the factory soft grip was, is it has been one of the biggest warranty claim items at the dealership since malibu and axis started using their in-house soft grip product. When we ordered our boat I asked all kinds of questions and one was, what are your top warranty issues that you are fixing on new boats. The first answer was the soft grip. So that made the decision to delete it very easy. 

22 hours ago, IdahoRhino said:

The main reason we opted to delete the factory soft grip was, is it has been one of the biggest warranty claim items at the dealership since malibu and axis started using their in-house soft grip product. When we ordered our boat I asked all kinds of questions and one was, what are your top warranty issues that you are fixing on new boats. The first answer was the soft grip. So that made the decision to delete it very easy. 

Interesting, I wasn't aware, what is the cost of the gator step that you're installing?

Just confirmed with my dealer I can’t mix and match soft grip. So we’ll order it with all graphite then change the floor and swim step once gator step has a template. Might even happen before we get it since our build date isn’t established yet and now dealer is thinking January-February. 🤷

Edited by MadCan