Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

1 minute ago, Maas said:

Am i the only one who got two pairs of rev 10s??

I'm wondering why

@IdahoRhino can  you tell me what the height is from the bottom of the rev10 to the floor?  Wondering if i'll be able to walk under them.

I will be picking the boat up later this week. And I will get that measurement for you. I went with 1 set of rev10s because I’m 6’5” tall and would be hitting my head all the time if there was a second set in the center. 

Just now, IdahoRhino said:

I will be picking the boat up later this week. And I will get that measurement for you. I went with 1 set of rev10s because I’m 6’5” tall and would be hitting my head all the time if there was a second set in the center. 

Much appreciated, i'm 6'2" so maybe i'll be head bashing..... or i could throw the speakers above the bimini

12 minutes ago, Maas said:

Much appreciated, i'm 6'2" so maybe i'll be head bashing..... or i could throw the speakers above the bimini

I got two pairs of rev 10’s  . Probably have more bruises. I hit my head with two sets of icon 8’s 

On 10/25/2021 at 6:31 PM, SurfNAZ said:

Just took a look at my bags… I would have thought they would have given me the 900 lbs rear bags, but it looks like they installed 550 lbs!?!  An extra 700 lbs will definitely help.  No wonder the wave was small.  Hopefully the dealer will upgrade me for free.

Did you finally install the 900 lbs bags. Whats is the manufacture of This bags and model? 

12 hours ago, Maas said:

I am 6'1" and I would hit the middle set of speakers.  I might move mine as well.   And it hits me at the middle of the forehead so I am not tall enough to actually see the speakers.  

@Alexei I haven't installed the 900s yet, but both FatSac (900 lbs) and Wakemakers (865 lbs) make bags that will fit.  

I went with one pair of Rev10s, because for me they are loud enough to be heard wakeboarding without having to add another pair.  I'm short and don't have to worry about my head, but I know my brother-in-law appreciates being able to walk through the middle without having to worry.

Looks like i'm going to have to bash my head, or do something about it, i like the idea of putting them above the bimini, wish i could relocate them to the sides like they do on the malibu boats, maybe i can rig something up.

I'll wait for the measurement to be sure

900 lbs in the rear and front are a necessity, i think i'll throw 1k of lead in the boat as well.  I think this boat will need a ton of weight  

2 hours ago, gtfish said:

I am 6'1" and I would hit the middle set of speakers.  I might move mine as well.   And it hits me at the middle of the forehead so I am not tall enough to actually see the speakers.  

I went with 2 pair, figured more was better :) .  But won't get delivery until March. Did a build similar to the demo boat (vapor blue metallic, black base with Sepia interior and decking).  If I remember correctly, I think he said that each pair gets mounted as far to the outside as possible leaving a decent gap in the middle to walk through, but I'm not 100% sure.  I think its similar to how the LSV's mount the 4.

Speakers should be mounted like this I think:

spacer.png

Here's my build for March delivery:

spacer.png

Edited by AdrockATX
4 minutes ago, AdrockATX said:

I went with 2 pair, figured more was better :) .  But won't get delivery until March. Did a build similar to the demo boat (vapor blue metallic, black base with Sepia interior and decking).  If I remember correctly, I think he said that each pair gets mounted as far to the outside as possible leaving a decent gap in the middle to walk through, but I'm not 100% sure.  I think its similar to how the LSV's mount the 4.

Like this:

spacer.png

no, it's not like that at all.  This is an A24, and a crummy backlit picture, but it's the same tower as is on the T250, so the speakers are going to be mounted the same way.

41088C5B-DDBA-4877-91B5-33AE1AD09D60.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

no, it's not like that at all.  This is an A24, and a crummy backlit picture, but it's the same tower as is on the T250, so the speakers are going to be mounted the same way.

41088C5B-DDBA-4877-91B5-33AE1AD09D60.jpg

Ahh, ok, Got it!

On 11/3/2021 at 2:15 PM, AdrockATX said:

Speakers should be mounted like this I think:

spacer.png

Here's my build for March delivery:

spacer.png

That will be a great looking boat.  I did almost the same but with Electric Purple Metallic instead of the blue.  I did a demo on the boat they had and the 4 speakers were across the horizontal bar and I definitely hit them.  I do believe I read about a kit to move them to the side.  Will have to investigate options.  

Edited by gtfish
1 hour ago, gtfish said:

That will be a great looking boat.  I did almost the same but with Violet Metallic instead of the blue.  I did a demo on the boat they had and the 4 speakers were across the horizontal bar and I definitely hit them.  I do believe I read about a kit to move them to the side.  Will have to investigate options.  

Be creative!

image.thumb.jpeg.ac232c785f65fb086bd14f7199e75b97.jpeg

On 11/2/2021 at 9:29 PM, Maas said:

Am i the only one who got two pairs of rev 10s??

I'm wondering why

@IdahoRhino can  you tell me what the height is from the bottom of the rev10 to the floor?  Wondering if i'll be able to walk under them.

I went with 2 pairs. No boat yet but should have a build date any day. My dealer is putting in 900 bags if they fit. 

5 hours ago, MadCan said:

I went with 2 pairs. No boat yet but should have a build date any day. My dealer is putting in 900 bags if they fit. 

I did 2 pairs and the 900lb bags will fit.  It is what the factory demo/show boat had installed. 

I have speaker envy of all the guys with 2 pairs of Rev10s :lol:

I have 900s on order, and like gtfish said, they will definitely fit.  Heck I had Wakemakers 865s in my T22...

I was on a friend's 2020 A22 this summer with one pair of Rev10s.  more than adequate for a family boat and the headroom more than makes up for loss of sound.  I'd hit my head on the middle pair frequently if they were there.  Instantly confirmed my choice of one set of them with SP3 on my order. 

Yeah for me only two things matter, wake and sound.  I may need to add another sub to the mix, we shall see

Why do i think this boat will need a lot of weight?  

It's a 25 foot boat, that's a lot of flotation!  the 25LSV is 1000 lbs heavier to start,  with the same hull size, so i figure i need 1k in lead to get started!  

Hell I could be wrong, the boat could  do better with less weight.. time will tell

Wish the guys who took delivery would have some videos and pics of their wake fully loaded 

Took the boat out on the water for about 45 minutes. River has definitely dropped over the last few weeks. The bottom of the Rev10 speakers are right around 6’ from the deck. There is no way I would be able to handle having an additional pair in the middle unless I had a football helmet on the whole time to protect my skull.  I was very impressed with how smooth and quiet it was compared to our t23.  The sound system also sounded much better than our last boat. Our dealer will put plug and play bags in at the 10 hour breakin service so that won’t happen till next spring. I will have to say The boat looks good on the water. We couldn’t take any video of what the wake looks like with the drone because where the river was over 10’ deep was at the end of our local runway and it’s a no fly zone for the DJI. Loving the boat the more I get to be around it. 

Edited by IdahoRhino

Thank you for measuring the height, at 6 foot, i'll need to figure something out, maybe a helmet will be needed.  At least all the girls will easily fit under, i'll just be the headbanger,  really need to figure out a way to relocate them like on a malibu, custom work incoming......

@IdahoRhino @ 10 feet you'll not get a good wave, so no go there, it's now all up to @Livinlogs to give me my wave fix!

On 11/5/2021 at 1:27 PM, Livinlogs said:

Mine should be inbound . If the weather holds , I’ll definitely post video. We for sure are putting the 900’s in the back . 

Yep that’s our plan too. I just hope by the time ours arrives they’ll be able to get them in a decent time.