Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

15 minutes ago, Safety3rd said:

Speaking of MSRP and discount Malibu pretty much has us by the eggs... I cant shop dealers because any time I try to they send me back to my home dealer. I am getting 6.5% off MSRP from my dealer on a T250... seems like I am getting punked...

It really comes down to building a relationship with your local dealer.  I'm sure I over-paid on my first boat or two but once you develop that relationship, it does help with negotiations.  The other major issue, right now, is supply and demand.  My dealers slots are booked for 2022.  They had a few stock builds that they could convert but it was slim pickings.  They just aren't going to discount as much for those walking through the doors for the first time and I don't see a neighboring dealer doing it any differently, even if they could.  

Edited by wedge88
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe others are doing better, but 6.5% discount seems to be the going rate on Axis at the moment.  Supply and Demand is real, and neither is working in the buyer's favor in this economy.

I’ve never looked at Axis boats as I prefer the more loaded Malibu options.  I understand if the profit margin is lower for axis not allowing for as deep of discounts but what is the price difference between the comparable Malibu and Axis.?   Reason I ask, is if you can only get 6.5% on an Axis and 20-30% on a Malibu wouldn’t it make more sense to get the Malibu from a resale/depreciation standpoint? 

Edited by RCorsa
7 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

I’ve never looked at Axis boats as I prefer the more loaded Malibu options.  I understand if the profit margin is lower for axis not allowing for as deep of discounts but what is the price difference between the comparable Malibu and Axis.?   Reason I ask, is if you can only get 6.5% on an Axis and 20-30% on a Malibu wouldn’t it make more sense to get the Malibu from a resale/depreciation standpoint? 

In this market, there are only a model or two in the Bu line up that are getting +20% discounts.  Many of us are buying from big market dealers YOY.

• Like 1
47 minutes ago, SurfNAZ said:

Maybe others are doing better, but 6.5% discount seems to be the going rate on Axis at the moment.  Supply and Demand is real, and neither is working in the buyer's favor in this economy.

How good of a deal is always subjective.  6.5% might be good, but you may also get a surf board tossed in ($1k) but the other guy would rather talk about getting 8% off MSRP.  

• Like 2

If you're getting 20-30% off a malibu in this market good on you.

Axis has a 25% markup

Malibu has a 40% markup

If you get 5-10% off an axis you're doing very well in this market

If you get 10-15% off a Malibu you're doing very well in this market

Stop worrying about the discount, and worry about the relationship with your dealer, that will be worth more than anything else.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I’m just guessing that discounts have decreased proportionally across Malibu and Axis lines. I have a fantastic dealer that’s very transparent and I know the delta between my new 250 and the 25 lsv stayed about the same as it was last year , when I price checked a24 and 24mxz.  I know I got a fair deal, I was tempted to go 25 lsv but that delta was still too much for me. Granted, I’ve had two Axis boats , and they seem luxurious to me with an awesome wave , so I spent money on the LT4 and triple axle trailer . Like others have stated, used prices and new prices rise and fall together it seems. 

Edited by Livinlogs
Sp
37 minutes ago, Maas said:

If you're getting 20-30% off a malibu in this market good on you.

Axis has a 25% markup

Malibu has a 40% markup

If you get 5-10% off an axis you're doing very well in this market

If you get 10-15% off a Malibu you're doing very well in this market

Stop worrying about the discount, and worry about the relationship with your dealer, that will be worth more than anything else.

Sounds like something a dealer or sales guy would say.  Many dealers I know are running a business to make money and take advantage of good times to make up for bad ones. Telling someone to stop worrying about a discount make zero sense unless you don’t care about your money or you are trying to convince them to part with it for your benefit? 

Anyway 15-20% discounts are easy and all day long from multiple dealers. 20-30 is harder but doable.  I know because I just got 28% on a 2022 

Edited by RCorsa
2 minutes ago, RCorsa said:

Sounds like something a dealer or sales guy would say.  Many dealers I know are running a business to make money and take and rage of good times to make up for bad ones. Telling someone to stop worrying about a discount make zero sense unless you don’t care about your money or you are trying g to convince them to part with it for your benefit.  

Well I have no skin in this game, and i'm not a dealer or a boat salesperson

What i do know, is that having a dealer who has been willing to take parts of inventory boats to keep me on the water rather than having to wait weeks for them has been extremely valuable to me personally.  I'm not going to fight a dealer who has a 50% inventory ordering capability for next year over a few percent, when I'd rather know that i got a fair price and not nickel and dime them over everything. 

Knowing that they're going to be solvent and have the ability to stay open to service me is more important than a few percent to me.

• Thanks 1

That’s a fair point for sure about service and every dealer experience is unique.  However we are not talking about nickels and dimes.   The extra 20% we are talking about is over $70,000 on a $350,000 boat ( what I’m looking at).  Not the end of the world money but I would still rather have invested. Plus when you go to trade or sell your boat I’m sure your dealer won’t be giving you top dollar.  One of my dealers offered me $110,000 for my M235 that I sold for $160,000 in one week.  

• Like 2
3 hours ago, RCorsa said:

Those new buyers or first timers being offered 6.5% on Axis aren't going to get offered 25-30% on Malibu either.  They would probably be in the 15% range max, maybe lower, with the current demand, even if they could get a slot.  The delta between the T250 we priced with M6 and the options we wanted compared to a 25LSV with similar options was just shy of $56k difference.  That's a huge delta.

You bought the M which is entirely a different tier, even over the LSVs and you had an M before and possibly others so you have a dealer relationship established.  You just can't compare your scenario to someone walking in the door for the first time.  

5 hours ago, RCorsa said:

Sounds like something a dealer or sales guy would say.  Many dealers I know are running a business to make money and take advantage of good times to make up for bad ones. Telling someone to stop worrying about a discount make zero sense unless you don’t care about your money or you are trying to convince them to part with it for your benefit? 

Anyway 15-20% discounts are easy and all day long from multiple dealers. 20-30 is harder but doable.  I know because I just got 28% on a 2022 

I have been hearing that is a great deal in this day and age. Post your build sheet. I want to see where they made up the %:biggrin::rofl:

2 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

If the sales guy at my local dealer is to be believed, they have sold all ten of their allocated Axis build slots for MSRP. 0.0% discount. 

My dealer says this as well. It has been a bit since I have been in. But the last time I was in they said. 

I guy came in and asked them the price. They gave him MSRP. He said "Write it up" No questions asked. After seeing the price written up he said "Oh, that's not as bad as I thought":shocked:

Dealers are taking one of two approaches at the market right now. Selling boats with the same margins they normally would or selling them at msrp because they know they’re going to sellout regardless. 

On 9/30/2021 at 10:05 AM, Livinlogs said:

Anybody get a ship notification on their 250 yet? Some have to be close, they had spray dates recently. Can’t wait to see ‘em 

Bump . Some should be arriving any day . Love to see ‘em 

On 9/30/2021 at 7:00 PM, Cole2001 said:

Dealers are taking one of two approaches at the market right now. Selling boats with the same margins they normally would or selling them at msrp because they know they’re going to sellout regardless. 

This.  I know what I got for a discount on my order and it was respectable and I'm happy with it.  I have friends who priced out new models from other manufacturers from other dealers in this region and were told 0% discount for 2022 boats. 

I think if you're getting a healthy discount off of MSRP in this market you should thank your dealer for being fair (more than fair?) businessmen/women.  That's my take.

• Like 2
On 9/28/2021 at 8:50 PM, Maas said:

You fill from 5 gallon cans??? WOW!  t250 is 96 gallons, that's a lot of cans!  I wouldn't want to do that,  just filing from a pump is going to take a long time, i cant imagine doing it from cans

I installed double vents on all my cans and use a hi-flo 1" fill nozzle. It takes about 40-45 seconds to empty a can. It's really not that bad, I generally keep it full, add 4-5 cans at a time.

My dealer let me know that my boat should be on their next truckload.  Not sure how far off that is, but it sounds promising!

They also just received one, so I'm hoping to go look at it soon.

• Like 3
23 hours ago, Raimie said:

I installed double vents on all my cans and use a hi-flo 1" fill nozzle. It takes about 40-45 seconds to empty a can. It's really not that bad, I generally keep it full, add 4-5 cans at a time.

Any recommendations on vents that can be retrofitted to a can?  These new "safety" cans are so terrible!