Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

47 minutes ago, MadCan said:

Yea. I’ll take a couple good photos this evening for anyone looking to get them. 

Yes you mount one set to the divider wall and one set to the fiberglass lip 

1 hour ago, smuurph84 said:

do the new models with the Garmin's have an axillary input to where you can add electrical . additional ballast switch, led's etc? 

I think you are stuck with the screen operating only every available option . For example , I didn’t order transom lights because I knew I was doing liquid lumens . The factory dash still turns on liquid lumens . I don’t see it being able to trigger anything else but maybe tower lights over the standard options . So if you don’t have interior led lights but you want that relay to turn on something else, maybe you can make that work . I don’t see any fields that say aux 1 or aux 2 for other accessories but I’m not 100% that it’s not buried somewhere 

Gotcha , so if you were to add plumbed in ballast under the lounge areas you would need to rig up a rocker switch somewhere ( not through the screen) 

that’s kinda what I figured but wanted to che k 

thanks for the info 

40 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

Gotcha , so if you were to add plumbed in ballast under the lounge areas you would need to rig up a rocker switch somewhere ( not through the screen) 

that’s kinda what I figured but wanted to che k 

thanks for the info 

No the factory dash has a virtual button for a bow pnp bag . Your dealer will set it up or you can enable it in settings 

8 hours ago, Maas said:

ballast under the lounge seats..... now you've got me interested

I surfed a friends  24mxz who had it , wasn’t plumbed in but used the over the side reversal pump for both bags and it was the best wave I have ever ridden . Figure a t250 might have similar results since I usually surf with a light crew 

with how we use our boat I don’t need any storage except the essentials so this and non dsp amps are my top priority if I am able to upgrade , although figuring out a location for 2 switches and have it not to look awful prob kills the idea . 

3 hours ago, smuurph84 said:

I surfed a friends  24mxz who had it , wasn’t plumbed in but used the over the side reversal pump for both bags and it was the best wave I have ever ridden . Figure a t250 might have similar results since I usually surf with a light crew 

with how we use our boat I don’t need any storage except the essentials so this and non dsp amps are my top priority if I am able to upgrade , although figuring out a location for 2 switches and have it not to look awful prob kills the idea . 

lead is pretty easy and would help you accomplish your goal?

3 hours ago, shawndoggy said:

lead is pretty easy and would help you accomplish your goal?

It would and I will keep 4-500 in the bow/observers comp but any more than that and  I would probably have to upgrade my lift 6600lb hydrohoist.

plus I don’t like tubing and such with that much lead in the boat 

I had to swap the helm stereo control. Theres a video input. Anyone ever add a camera? Is it only on newer models? Got the wheels turning 😬

Edited by MadCan

I did a pretty simple mod where I plumbed a reversible pump into the existing t-handle plug spot in the center of the boat.  I used a large hydraulic fitting on the bag to keep it clean and give me the ability to fill, then close up the hatch.  

edited to add pictures, because everyone loves pics. 

95A0BC00-A1E9-48B0-B2B4-BAE5BF2EF3C0.jpeg

B3075E67-CA0F-4608-B077-8D37EB67592A.jpeg

Edited by JeffK
55 minutes ago, JeffK said:

I did a pretty simple mod where I plumbed a reversible pump into the existing t-handle plug spot in the center of the boat.  I used a large hydraulic fitting on the bag to keep it clean and give me the ability to fill, then close up the hatch.  

I have something similar. Why the hydraulic hose attachment rather than the plastic flyhigh fittings?

58 minutes ago, JeffK said:

just trying to understand -- so you removed the T-drain plug, and instead screw in your own fitting and run tubes to a reversible pump then a bag...is it easy to remove when you want to pull the center plug and drain? where did you put the bag?

34 minutes ago, CaptainMorgan said:

just trying to understand -- so you removed the T-drain plug, and instead screw in your own fitting and run tubes to a reversible pump then a bag...is it easy to remove when you want to pull the center plug and drain? where did you put the bag?

Yes.  I don’t remove my reversible pump hose, I just drain out the back two drains. You can store the bag wherever. Mine can fill bags to be placed almost anywhere in the boat if we have a small crew. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

I have something similar. Why the hydraulic hose attachment rather than the plastic flyhigh fittings?

So it doesn't make a big mess when I unplug it.  We will fill the bag and run surfers for an hour or so, and I didn't want the hole left open that someone could accidentally step through.  This way I can fill, disconnect without a mess and close the hatch.  When I'm ready to drain, I open back up and connect the fitting and drain.  

1 hour ago, CaptainMorgan said:

I screwed in a shut-off ball valve, then connected the reversible pump to it.  If I need to drain water, we can pull the transom plug or I could just unscrew the ball valve if absolutely necessary.  The bag I use sits in the walkway between the helm and the observer's compartment.  You can do the same and run to a location anywhere in the boat.  

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, JeffK said:

So it doesn't make a big mess when I unplug it.  We will fill the bag and run surfers for an hour or so, and I didn't want the hole left open that someone could accidentally step through.  This way I can fill, disconnect without a mess and close the hatch.  When I'm ready to drain, I open back up and connect the fitting and drain.

Got it. My hose is tucked under the helm- I didn’t think about the hole in the floor. That makes more sense. 

Just now, hunter77ah said:

Got it. My hose is tucked under the helm- I didn’t think about the hole in the floor. That makes more sense. 

My only complaint is that, in order to not restrict the flow, it is a pretty heavy duty hydraulic fitting.  With that, it takes a little muscle to connect it.  Separating is a piece of cake.  

19 minutes ago, JeffK said:

If anyone has any interest in this setup, I have a full parts list built for it.

so i understand how you did yours i think   but curious if any of the ace ballast guys can chime in. could I achieve what I am hoping with a little more work. use the through hull at the  T  to install a hi flow pump  assuming there is room?, could this be y'd  off to 2 bags? one on starboard one on port and then be attached to the center bilge drain hole for emptying? effectively not adding any more holes in the boat? if so that would be fantastic!