Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

T25??

Cboom12

1 hour ago, saxton15 said:

The "at a glance" part of each boat's page will show some length/weight details.

Saw that spot but they just have length and draft for the T250.  I'll call dealer.  Thanks 

2 hours ago, Maas said:

@Livinlogs  Great to hear, I ordered just a few weeks ago, as long as i have my boat by May I'm happy!

I’m sure you’ll get it in time. Fingers crossed. I ordered October of last year and my a24 didn’t deliver to me until July 2. I’m hoping supply chain stays consistent for everyone. I know I’ll be first on the water next spring. I’ve never taken delivery of a boat after the season is over , so this is new territory.  I guess one just sits in it in the garage? 

14 minutes ago, Livinlogs said:

I’m sure you’ll get it in time. Fingers crossed. I ordered October of last year and my a24 didn’t deliver to me until July 2. I’m hoping supply chain stays consistent for everyone. I know I’ll be first on the water next spring. I’ve never taken delivery of a boat after the season is over , so this is new territory.  I guess one just sits in it in the garage? 

My T220 is arriving sometime in the next 2 weeks, but we won't be taking it out until next spring. I'm just going to leave it shrink-wrapped on the lot at the dealer's over the winter. Although that's sad cause we won't even get to see it until spring. 

32 minutes ago, boardinchick3 said:

My T220 is arriving sometime in the next 2 weeks, but we won't be taking it out until next spring. I'm just going to leave it shrink-wrapped on the lot at the dealer's over the winter. Although that's sad cause we won't even get to see it until spring. 

I would strongly encourage you to do your 10 break-in hours, get the 10 hour service, winterize it after fixing whatever you find wrong.  You hopefully will find nothing of substance but if you have a significant issue and are competing with everyone else for shop time in the spring it could get very frustrating.  Little bit of bad luck and you could miss water time.

23 minutes ago, Surf4FamFun said:

I would strongly encourage you to do your 10 break-in hours, get the 10 hour service, winterize it after fixing whatever you find wrong.  You hopefully will find nothing of substance but if you have a significant issue and are competing with everyone else for shop time in the spring it could get very frustrating.  Little bit of bad luck and you could miss water time.

I'll find someone with a dry suit and get those hours in unless we are already snowed in 

On 9/15/2021 at 10:38 AM, Dirtysidedown said:

How much off MSRP, being a new model, have you been able to get on these t250 orders so far

Talk to your dealer.  It will vary by region and relationship.  

4 minutes ago, victoryismine06 said:

I can't remember where I saw it, can anyone confirm the prop sizes for the T250 and T220? I swear I saw 15" somewhere but I don't see it on the Axis site.

The T250 comes with a 17" prop.  I don't know about the T220, but I'm sure a 15" prop would be more than adequate. 

On a side note, I'm really excited to see how the T220 performs.  I have loved my T22, and it looks like the new changes will make it even better.

1 hour ago, SurfNAZ said:

The T250 comes with a 17" prop.  I don't know about the T220, but I'm sure a 15" prop would be more than adequate. 

On a side note, I'm really excited to see how the T220 performs.  I have loved my T22, and it looks like the new changes will make it even better.

Gotcha. Deciding between another 23lsv, a T220 or maybe a T250. Guess I'm a little cautious because my 23lsv runs pretty high rpms when fairly slammed. A 17" prop and a M6 sound ideal. Hopefully something will show up at dealerships here soon to actually get out on for a lake test.

1 hour ago, shawndoggy said:

That bigger gas tank in the T220 will definitely be a welcome addition for many. 

I agree 100%.  I can't wait to hear @vanamp's report out when he takes delivery of his T220.

2 hours ago, SurfNAZ said:

I agree 100%.  I can't wait to hear @vanamp's report out when he takes delivery of his T220.

Its going to be a loooong winter waiting but excited to get it dialed in this spring.  We upgraded the engine to the M6Di. Got the extended bimni and of course the upgraded sport dash. 

• Like 3
10 hours ago, wedge88 said:

Talk to your dealer.  It will vary by region and relationship.  

I have, and have gotten a number.  But I would like to cross reference it to others.  Trust but verify!!

7 hours ago, Maas said:

What I want to know is if I can put an 18" prop on the boat!  LT4 FTW!

I don't see the need. Every single report of the LT4 on every big boat Malibu makes says they are turning mid 2000's rpms for surfing and has loads and loads of power left.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I don't see the need. Every single report of the LT4 on every big boat Malibu makes says they are turning mid 2000's rpms for surfing and has loads and loads of power left.

Yeah, I agree.  The LT4 is a hell of an expensive option, though.  I see no real world need for that unless you're boating at elevation.  For those of us 2,000' ASL or less, I see no need for the LT4.

1 hour ago, Slayer said:

Yeah, I agree.  The LT4 is a hell of an expensive option, though.  I see no real world need for that unless you're boating at elevation.  For those of us 2,000' ASL or less, I see no need for the LT4.

Yeah, it is expensive but I've never been in a situation where I thought ' i wish i had less power' 

The lower rpms, and the knowledge that with 10 people on board , 1k in lead and full ballast, it should still do whatever I want!

Plus I hear that the LT4 is quieter than the other engines, which is a big deal to me. 

i'm at 100 ASL so i'll be good!  

2 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

You're probably right,  we'll see how the 17" does, but I like knowing that everything i have is overkill!  if an 18" prop allows me to go to a much higher pitch then it could be well worth it

Here are the ACME props that work, if i can get away with a 2953 that would drop RPM's a lot, some testing will be needed

spacer.png

Running full ballast, surfing, in my A22 and M6 with speed prop and surf pipe. I can hold a conversation with anyone in the boat. My M6 is light years quieter than my old PCM 350. 

• Like 4