Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Brake pads

ten85echo

Heard a grinding noise coming from trailer and found this... waiting to hear what my dealer says. Trailer is an 18 with very low miles. I can’t turn the rotor ( which looks toast) because it’s the vault hybrid system. I removed the other pads and found a few were also starting to crack, but haven’t separated yet. All the pads had 95% left . Have you guys seen this? heard that those pads are junk? I replaced all my pads with aftermarket ceramic pads, and haven’t had any issue. Just need the rotor fixed. 

98CB0944-E951-43AB-94F5-3237E7E806A5

CA91D84A-F7A2-4882-AEA6-3F03EC709A21

• 2 weeks later...

Yep had the same thing happen to me last year, mine completely seized, ended up shattering off part of the disc and luckily no parts hit the boat.  Im very glad I didn't do damage to the trailer frame honestly.  I was 1/2 mile from the launch and had to launch very gingerly with only one axle on the port side.  Luckily the launch was totally vacant so I wasn't displayed on @thequalifiedcaptain :salute:.  Boatmate and dexter UFP made it right.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I have a 2019 and my brakes just started grinding yesterday.  Did your dealers cover this under warranty?  Also how did you get the trailer to your dealer if they did?

Thanks.