Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Boat Runs, No Screen

Saw something from an owners group on Facebook. He said he was having almost the exact same issues as me including screen freezing and middle tank ballast not filling intermittently. The issue ended up being loose connections to the buss bar. There was about 40 replies to that post of people that had the same loose connection issue. I let the dealer know and they told me that the lake call guys probably didn’t look at that 🤦🏻‍♂️ Still waiting for them to look at it and tell me what they found. 

• 2 weeks later...

I’ve had the frozen screen before but today I had a blank/flickering main screen. Did it a few times and worked the rest of the time. I guess it’s time to poke around under the dash. 

Dealer took the boat in and found a bad relay to the viper module. They replaced that and it ran fine and screens worked. I did notice the screens were lagging though so the dealer offered to replace the alternator to see if that helped. 

I went out on Saturday and started up the boat at the dock, let it run for a few minutes before I touched anything. The voltage was sitting at 14.2. I tried to power up my stereo after that 2-3 minute wait and my Bluetooth did not connect. Went to settings to attempt to connect it and the screen was frozen...again for probably the 20th time. I went to power cycle the boat and then oddly as I turned off the power button; the backlights went off but the screens and amps stayed on. Only way to kill it was from the battery switch (as I found out later I could power down with the key if I turned it on after startup) 

I could replicate this issue one time before turning the battery switch off as I video everything for the dealer to see. Once I ran across the lake and back the issue was gone. 

So far the viper module, relay, and alternator have been replaced. CAT-6, both power buttons, and buss bar have been troubleshot. No idea where all these problems are coming from but I’ll let y’all know when I finally figure it out. 

• 1 year later...
ATXLeprechaun

Know this in an older thereafter but did you ever figure it out? Same thing happening in my 2020 25 LSV

Edited by ATXLeprechaun
Spelling
  • 3 weeks later...

If I remember correctly they finally put in a new Viper module. I sold the boat shortly after so I don’t know if that finally fixed everything or not. I do remember that the module came un-sealed so it probably got wet too. It’s under the starboard side bow seat if you wanted to look under there to see if you spot anything obvious