Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Request help identifying leak on Monsoon 340 engine itself(video included)

Good evening everyone!  I've been a long time lurker here - this forum's been incredibly helpful since I bought my 2006 Wakesetter LSV about three years ago.  

During dewinterization this year, I definitely let a bit of oil in the bilge, tried to mop it up.  I've been chasing down a leak or two that have been relatively easy to identify - the cross hose between the two exhaust manifolds and whatnot.  However, there's one I can't quite identify.  On the front port side of my engine, towards the top, I have a little bit of a leak now and again coming from what appears to be an upper part of my engine.  The water that's been collecting in the bilge has had an oily sheen, but I'm still not sure if it's residue from my oil filter change or if it's oily water itself (though doesn't quite seem to be).

Anyways, here's the link to the video and a few pictures:

https://photos.app.goo.gl/vADGkEvdtCJh8qz3A

Request help and perhaps anything I can do about it!

Thanks!

Yikes.  That looks like a cracked engine block to me.  Appears there's a crack in the casting for the lifting ring bolts that goes down into the water passage that's allowing water to escape.  That's by your #8 cylinder.  How does the plug look from that cylinder?  Any milky oil?

Thanks guys - I appreciate the quick response.  The funny thing is, I'm not entirely sure how it happened, especially up there.  I was always careful to drain my block and obviously the associated hoses.  

Anyways, looks like I'm down for the season to say the least.