Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Cover repair patch

Does anyone know what kind of fabric the Axis boat cover is made from or where to buy some OEM patch material?  I was towing my 2011 A22 and realized one of the sides of the cover underneath the tower got a vertical tear that I want to patch.  

Thanks

4 hours ago, axis22 said:

Does anyone know what kind of fabric the Axis boat cover is made from or where to buy some OEM patch material?  I was towing my 2011 A22 and realized one of the sides of the cover underneath the tower got a vertical tear that I want to patch.  

Thanks

Just use part of the bag that came with it?  Seemed to be the same material on mine.

Edited by oldjeep

I got a tear on my cover 2-3yrs ago. Because it tore where the hangtyte system connected to the cover (just behind the tower location), the tear was left/right and approx 6ft long! I had my local upholstery shop repair it and they used Sunbrella material (they already had some extra in stock) and put a patch under and over the cover (approx 8ft long x 12" wide pieces of material for the patches). Where the hangtyte was being re-connected to the cover I asked them to install an extra 12"x12" re-enforcement piece at bottom of the cover. The repair turned out looking great and you really cannot tell the cover was even patched. I have had zero issues with it even with cover installed, trailering 3-4hrs to Lake Norris.