Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Maintenance from dealer

Just got my 10 hour service done at the same dealer. They changed both oil and Transmission fluid, and checked all hoses etc. We were charged for almost 4 hours of labor. Ended up being $650. Jbell you should get 25% all maintenance done there. Ask about that if you take it in. 

2 hours ago, Raleigh said:

This is good to know. My buddy (an attorney, go figure) told me it would void the warranty. Obviously not the case! 

Well like Dad used to say "50% of all lawyers finished in the bottom half of their graduating class".  ;)

2 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

Technically speaking you may be correct.  Practically speaking, do you really want the headache if something fails? 

As the saying goes (especially on this site)- Dealer relationships are important.  Yes it is expensive, but you aren't paying for just the parts/labor- you are paying for the peace of mind.

I agree with your highlighted comment but trust goes both ways. The way I see it. $800 for the service being rendered is about double the very high end of what I would say is an acceptable price. The fact is there are 3 Malibu dealers in my State and all three are the same company. They have a monopoly on the Malibu market within a 500 mile radius. That makes me think they is why they are charging so much. I'm not going to throw money down the crapper to create a relationship or because someone thinks I should cause I paid $150k for a boat.

I felt the sales side was awesome with my purchase, it's a shame their service prices have left a bad taste in my mouth. It's my own fault for not researching service rates at the dealer before hand but you bet next time I upgrade boats that will be a conversation beforehand and will be a factor into which brand of boat that I buy.

1 hour ago, sailorcoug said:

Just got my 10 hour service done at the same dealer. They changed both oil and Transmission fluid, and checked all hoses etc. We were charged for almost 4 hours of labor. Ended up being $650. Jbell you should get 25% all maintenance done there. Ask about that if you take it in. 

Thanks for the info. The 25% would have been nice to know but that is still extremely expensive for what you listed. I'm going to do the same service tomorrow and check the alignment on my drive shaft. I'm going to time it and get a price list for everything. I'll report back here afterward.