Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M6di high altitude / torque prop

sbaird4000

• 2 weeks later...

i got the 22LSV with the M6DI and standard prop.  Fully loaded, it surfs fine and no cavitation.  Unloaded, 4000 rpm and 30 mph with a vicious hole shot.  Definitely happy i didn't get the torque prop.  Even now the boat easily hits the limiter in the low 40s.  It'd be nice to switch to a speed prop if not surfing.

On 5/6/2021 at 1:29 PM, JWBeav said:

How does this prop do at say 4000 ft elevation?  Anybody tried it?

@JWBeav what prop are you currently running? We are at about 4500’ with the same boat (M5) and currently using the 2755, but I am interested in trying the 3077. 2755 has been great and loaded up with 8 adults we were at about 3400 rpms, but might am interested in something with a little higher top end speed if it can still handle the surfing weight.

currently using the 3077 with the M6...plenty of pull, just looking to see if I can lower RPM's with the 2805 at 4000 feet of elevation.  Currently with everything full, wedge on 3 or 4 and a "boatload" of people the engine is at roughly 3500 RPM's.

18 minutes ago, JWBeav said:

currently using the 3077 with the M6...plenty of pull, just looking to see if I can lower RPM's with the 2805 at 4000 feet of elevation.  Currently with everything full, wedge on 3 or 4 and a "boatload" of people the engine is at roughly 3500 RPM's.

You aren't going to lower it enough to give up the extra push you get at 4k feet.  2805 on a 2021 23 MXZ can range from 3100 to 3500 depending on how you 'boatload' and running 4-5 on wedge.  At 4k elevation, I'd stay say stick with standard prop.

• 2 years later...

I have a ‘21 25LSV with 3077 prop. I’d like a bit more speed and lower rpm. Would switching to the 2805 be a good option? Also just need a spare prop to carry

3 minutes ago, BVee said:

I have a ‘21 25LSV with 3077 prop. I’d like a bit more speed and lower rpm. Would switching to the 2805 be a good option? Also just need a spare prop to carry

without any other info...probably yes...would get you a couple mph at top end.  if you need a spare, i'm a fan of trying something different anyway 

Myself and several friends run 2805 props. 23 LSV's, 25 LSV's and 24 MXZ's. I switched for the fuel economy, never run top speed so that doesn't matter as much to me. I've ran this prop several years, since Malibu went to 17" props. I spec this prop every year from the factory.

Went through the same issue.  I got my M6 23 LSV from a Colorado dealer and it came with the high altitude 1773 prop.  My lake is at 1050ft and it worked ok but after I dinged the prop I ordered a 1778 prop and I am happier with it for all around use. I keep the high altitude prop as a back up.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2021 at 1:20 PM, Slayer said:

I find this thread interesting.  The 2021 23 LSV standard prop is an OJ 1778.  I ordered my boat with the standard prop and mistakenly ordered a 3077 as a back up.  Looks like I may need to try a 2805.  The 3077 is not bad, and I'm going to put the 1778 on and run some comparison to see what I get.  It may be that I have a barely used prop available for sale soon. 

Slayer did you find much difference between the ACME 3077 and the OJ 1778? 

My 2022 23 LSV w/M6Di also came with the standard OJ 1778 but I would like to order a spare prop and am considering the 2805 after reading this thread.  We boat at 3600' elevation, almost 100% surfing and typically have 6 - 8 people in the boat.  At that elevation would the 2805 be the best alternative to the 1778 I currently run?

20 hours ago, MTSurf said:

Slayer did you find much difference between the ACME 3077 and the OJ 1778? 

My 2022 23 LSV w/M6Di also came with the standard OJ 1778 but I would like to order a spare prop and am considering the 2805 after reading this thread.  We boat at 3600' elevation, almost 100% surfing and typically have 6 - 8 people in the boat.  At that elevation would the 2805 be the best alternative to the 1778 I currently run?

I wasn't a fan of the 1778.  Ended up with a 2805 and loved it.  I'm usually around 1,000' ASL or less so YMMV with that prop at your elevation.  I experienced lower surf RPM, better fuel economy, and a better cruising speed RPM with the 2805 and no compromise to surfing performance.