Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu Touch Command screen delamination

5 hours ago, Hambrick11 said:

Technically, yes, you could make a bluetooth controller.  I don't see why you would do that instead of a permanent installation in the boat since you aren't likely to want to use it out of the boat.

In other words, do your own, but don't make it bluetooth.

I would think you would use the key.  All boats came with key override except 2011 and there is a retrofit kit for 2011.  Interested to see how this setup works with MLS and wedge.

28 minutes ago, BoatBoyOz said:

@4skinuts Does that also turn the boat off, or just on?

The key will NOT turn the engine off, it will only start it. You must either press the engine stop on the MTC or activate the lanyard kill switch to stop the engine😁

Lonnie

@LonnieJ Thank you.  I have been trying to buy a 2 genre LXI or TXI Response with lower hours, upgrading from first generation LXI.  This MTC issue being unresolved in close to 10 years makes me think I should pass on the idea and stick with my older Response. Second hand boats down under are very expensive and hard to find.  At least you can buy parts for the older ones.

@LonnieJ

@BoatBoyOz

I’m able to start and stop the engine with the key. Try this. After pressing the button to provide power to the dash. Do not enter the 4 digit code on the MTC. Use the key to start the engine. I believe you will find that the key can then be used to stop the engine. 

For all those who have spent time thinking about how to convert over to a manual switch setup anyone come up with an idea on how to work out the surfgates so that they still automatically retract at lower speeds?  

9 hours ago, truckjunky87 said:

For all those who have spent time thinking about how to convert over to a manual switch setup anyone come up with an idea on how to work out the surfgates so that they still automatically retract at lower speeds?  

This is great solution and Matt is a great guy as well😁

https://www.wakegarage.com/wake-logic-contact/

If these screens are becomming hard to source to replace, any permanent fix will be welcomed with open arms.

We have quite a few Crew members down under & no doubt elewhere around the globe facing the dreaded delam issie.

Watching with keen interest for a solution

• Thanks 1
  • 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Alberto said:

concert all Medallion lcd instruments as long as it's not the microcontroller for $1000 dollars + shipping just deliver in florida they send me to Brazil and you only pay when you get there in the united states my phone / whatsapp, 55 81 999898958 contact e-mail: [email protected]

Is this spam? Are you inferring there is a controller for 1K?

On 8/11/2021 at 6:22 AM, braindamage said:

@4skinuts please do a write up with pics and part numbers in the DIY articles forum so that others can duplicate it. You’d be a hero to many!!

@braindamage

I was unable to post to the DIY section.  I added a post to the Modification section of the forum explaining what we did.

• Like 1

Any word from Cuescreens? I'm hoping they received a defective screen and started R&D. I'm pretty sure they will be able to make a lot of money if they find a solution to this 10 year old problem.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, saxton15 said:

@cuescreens Any word on the screen you received?  Is this fixable?  

I called and talked him a week or so ago and unfortunately the short answer is no☹️  He is investigating another option which involves him producing another touch screen which then would have to be joined to our circuit board??  We got disconnected  and I haven’t called back since I know he was waiting on his supplier for a price to produce a new screen😬

Lonnie

10 hours ago, LonnieJ said:

I called and talked him a week or so ago and unfortunately the short answer is no☹️  He is investigating another option which involves him producing another touch screen which then would have to be joined to our circuit board??  We got disconnected  and I haven’t called back since I know he was waiting on his supplier for a price to produce a new screen😬

Lonnie

This is bonkers!  The fail rate on the replacement screens is as bad as the originals.  We are now at the point of getting another company to fix Medallion's problem?  What will happen when they choose not to manufacture the replacement screens?  Are owners expected to just stop using their boats when the screen cooks itself?

10 minutes ago, saxton15 said:

This is bonkers!  The fail rate on the replacement screens is as bad as the originals.  We are now at the point of getting another company to fix Medallion's problem?  What will happen when they choose not to manufacture the replacement screens?  Are owners expected to just stop using their boats when the screen cooks itself?

Well, somewhat of good news that there is hope... Someone, @4skinuts, has taken upon themselves to figure out how to adapt switches in replacement of screens...  While it is for a ski boat, there is hope for the wakeboard boats as well.

My second screen is just starting to show bubles at the top (three years old). I still have my old screen that was working when I replaced it so I have a backup and I have intalled a key start for emergancies. What really makes my blood boil is that Madalion cant or wont fix the problem in future screen runs. No excuse for contiuing to produce the same crap and charge $3,000 + for it. Its totaly unexceptable.

• Like 3
7 hours ago, ROFF said:

What did you do for a backup key start?    Wouldn’t  mind installing that just in case.  

It's a kit.  Bakes can get one for you.  Comes with all the wiring and a new fuse panel which has an ignition key.  Install is straight forward, I did mine in about an hour.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/15/2021 at 10:42 AM, cuescreens said:

Thanks for the feedback guys. I am in the process of receiving a defect unit from a forum member and will post up the results-

In the mean time- here is some info that would really help:

->Could you guys post up some high quality photos showing the defect, perhaps with the display backlight on as well? 

->What models/years were affected?

->What symptoms appear when the delamination happens? (Loss of touch control, bubbling appearance, erratic touch?)

This guy said he would send me a shipping label and then I’d send him my defective screen. I never heard back from him after he said he’d send me a shipping label. Not sure what’s up. I’ve reached out to him multiple times. No response. 

• 1 month later...

:bump:

Any more news on this? I suspect there are hundreds of us who have screen delam right now and are just dreading the day the screen stops functioning. My second screen has 1/2" of delam all the way around it so I am sure it will be dead in the spring.