Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

My 2021 was delivered to the dealer. I have seen a few pictures of it and it looks great! The 2021 changes are definitely welcome. Updated my profile picture to highlight the new speaker location in the bow.

12 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

My 2021 was delivered to the dealer. I have seen a few pictures of it and it looks great! The 2021 changes are definitely welcome. Updated my profile picture to highlight the new speaker location in the bow.

You can post them now.  Cat's out of the bag.  Post to imgur or something and share.

That profile photo looks really weird.  Like the speakers are sitting in loose cans on the seat cushions.  That can't be right...

22 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

That profile photo looks really weird.  Like the speakers are sitting in loose cans on the seat cushions.  That can't be right...

I thought the same, that can't be what they did!

The fiberglass in the bow is now molded so the speakers are facing the cabin of the boat more. I personally like the change quite a bit. They definitely aren’t sitting loose on the cushions.

12 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

The fiberglass in the bow is now molded so the speakers are facing the cabin of the boat more. I personally like the change quite a bit. They definitely aren’t sitting loose on the cushions.

they look like revs painted grey ( that would be pretty awesome! and loud! lol) 

26 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

More photos please! trying to decide if i want to upgrade this year, so would love to see all the changes before pulling the trigger

30 minutes ago, sbaird4000 said:

I’d love to post photos but I don’t have any way to do so.

Imgur, ImgBB, Dropbox, OneDrive etc.  Or buy a membership and posting is automagic.

26 minutes ago, SOcalSurfer said:

Dude AWESOME looking boat. Congrats. Can’t wait to put my order in. 

quick question, did you go cool touch on the sepia or black on the seats? 

Thanks! My Nautique 230 has the same interior and it doesn’t get too hot, but then again I live in Maine. When I ordered I wasn’t aware cool touch was available and I never asked if it was. That being said, I would’ve been 50/50 on it depending on the cost. If I lived in the south it probably would’ve be a must. Keep us posted on your build and order. Excited for you!

Nice boat i'm sure youre pumped!... sorry to bag on your new ride, but imo the biggest mistake these boat builders make is thinking people want a speaker/tweeter aimed right at them..  that will be intolerable for anyone in the front while everyone in back will still welcome more volume.  I imagine there was a power struggle over that design and the wrong person lost.  Let us know if its a non issue, may very well be the case 

Edited by bass10a
ahopkins22LSV
6 hours ago, bass10a said:

Nice boat i'm sure youre pumped!... sorry to bag on your new ride, but imo the biggest mistake these boat builders make is thinking people want a speaker/tweeter aimed right at them..  that will be intolerable for anyone in the front while everyone in back will still welcome more volume.  I imagine there was a power struggle over that design and the wrong person lost.  Let us know if its a non issue, may very well be the case 

Well luckily you can just turn the front zone down if that is the case. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
55 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

@sbaird4000 great looking boat!!

4EB3F712-A2CC-40A7-B330-351460BE2F4A.jpeg

534E4851-2D2B-4343-A9AE-7E5EB30CD6D2.jpeg

F93E246A-BE57-41F1-A02E-8F4416BBE4F5.jpeg

Thanks! It’s scheduled to be delivered to us on Thursday. I’ll get some better pictures at that time.

• Like 2
9 hours ago, bass10a said:

I guess different situations. My crew always has my Wife and her friends in the bow and they always want it turned up louder. So in this case, i can see that being a welcome addition. IF its an issue all you have to do is turn the front volume down

• Like 2
2 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

Thanks! It’s scheduled to be delivered to us on Thursday. I’ll get some better pictures at that time.

May be a stupid question, but which model is that? It looks similar to a 25 lsv on the outside, but the interior looks more like a 23 lsv. The transom seats look different than a 25 and not the same exterior as a 23, but looks bigger than a 21. ??  

12 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

May be a stupid question, but which model is that? It looks similar to a 25 lsv on the outside, but the interior looks more like a 23 lsv. The transom seats look different than a 25 and not the same exterior as a 23, but looks bigger than a 21. ??  

Re-designed 23LSV, as stated previously in this thread