Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

16 hours ago, AxleGrease99 said:

Sounded like it requires a freshwater tank. 

Better... those misting things used to be everywhere, now you don’t really see them. Due mostly to legionnaires disease, even with treated city water. Depending on how warm your lake water is... getting it in a mist form and breathing it in might not be the best idea. Coming from a microbiologist.

On 7/11/2020 at 9:38 PM, gregtay said:

"2017 lsv is the fact that the steering wheel stays firmly in place while surfing. I can literally let go of it while someone is surfing and the boat keeps tracking straight without even the slightest bit of pull."

That sounds like a huge improvement.. my 2019 23LSV (also M6 but smaller prop) requires a ton of force to keep it straight.

15" prop? Thats got to be the issue. Unless he has hydraulic steering. the A22 suffered from the pull until we got one with hydraulic steering, but the A24 doesnt seem nearly as affected (17" prop)

5 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

15" prop? Thats got to be the issue. Unless he has hydraulic steering. the A22 suffered from the pull until we got one with hydraulic steering, but the A24 doesnt seem nearly as affected (17" prop)

I’ve got a 19 23LSV with M5 and not hold needed to stay straight with ours. Sounds like something else going on. 

5 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Which side are you surfing when it pulls?  

On my 2017 22mxz it pulls when surfing port, but goes dead straight when surfing starboard due to the prop rotation. My 23LSV was similar. Standard driving there is a slight pull left, again common.

8 minutes ago, eubanks said:

I’ve got a 19 23LSV with M5 and not hold needed to stay straight with ours. Sounds like something else going on. 

Port or starboard? My 2019 w/ M6 requires significant effort to keep the boat going straight surfing the port side which is what I think we have determined to just be "normal".

• Like 1

My 2020 with the M6 and 17" Speed Prop has the rudder heavily adjusted by my dealer.  I can walk away from the wheels when surfing either side.  I'll get a picture of the tab within the rudder this weekend.  Tracks straight with no ballast as well.

as previously noted, the hard, white Igloo cooler is no longer included as a standard feature. Instead you have the option to spec the boat with the “Malibu Ice Box” option for $294 MSRP (lets call it $220 street price).

It’s a high-end, soft-sided, Malibu-branded cooler that fits under the starboard seat (same location as the igloo). Reminds me of a Yeti Hopper... 

I caught a glimpse of it during the AWS live feed yesterday. I will probably check this box on my 2021.

6938C0A2-CD08-418A-BB53-A49E86276B50.png

• Like 1
14 minutes ago, IXFE said:

as previously noted, the hard, white Igloo cooler is no longer included as a standard feature. Instead you have the option to spec the boat with the “Malibu Ice Box” option for $294 MSRP (lets call it $220 street price).

It’s a high-end, soft-sided, Malibu-branded cooler that fits under the starboard seat (same location as the igloo). Reminds me of a Yeti Hopper... 

I caught a glimpse of it during the AWS live feed yesterday. I will probably check this box on my 2021.

6938C0A2-CD08-418A-BB53-A49E86276B50.png

https://engelcoolers.com/collections/soft-coolers/products/22qt-heavy-duty-tote-cooler  Non-branded available as low as $160.  I've never heard of the brand, but they seem to get good ratings.

10 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

https://engelcoolers.com/collections/soft-coolers/products/22qt-heavy-duty-tote-cooler  Non-branded available as low as $160.  I've never heard of the brand, but they seem to get good ratings.

There's always a "better" deal somewhere on the interwebs.  Frankly, when ordering a $150K boat, very few people are worried about saving 50 bucks.  I'm one of them... We've been using a Yeti Hopper for years.  Only we keep ours behind the billet door in the 25.  

For what it's worth, I haven't used the white igloo cooler since 2014.  So I'm glad malibu threw it to the curb.  

And before anybody asks.... no, i have zero interest in a floor cooler.  I much prefer the soft side solution because it's easy to load up in the kitchen with drinks and ice before we go.  I know a few G owners who just throw junk in that floor "cooler" 

• Like 3
27 minutes ago, IXFE said:

There's always a "better" deal somewhere on the interwebs.  Frankly, when ordering a $150K boat, very few people are worried about saving 50 bucks.  I'm one of them... We've been using a Yeti Hopper for years.  Only we keep ours behind the billet door in the 25.  

For what it's worth, I haven't used the white igloo cooler since 2014.  So I'm glad malibu threw it to the curb.  

And before anybody asks.... no, i have zero interest in a floor cooler.  I much prefer the soft side solution because it's easy to load up in the kitchen with drinks and ice before we go.  I know a few G owners who just throw junk in that floor "cooler" 

The floor cooler on the Ri257 was annoying IMO.  Never been a fan of those floor coolers either.  Have one on my boat too and it holds mostly air.  Occasionally spare ropes.

• Like 3
52 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

The floor cooler on the Ri257 was annoying IMO.  Never been a fan of those floor coolers either.  Have one on my boat too and it holds mostly air.  Occasionally spare ropes.

Mine seems hold pine needles, dead spiders and the occasional bit of stagnant water when the plug to the engine bay is forgotten.

• Like 2
6 hours ago, MalibuMatty said:

Can the mister dispense vodka?

Now that I’d be willing to check the box on. @BlindSquirrel where are we at on the whole legionnaires front if it spits Tito’s? 

Edited by AxleGrease99
  • Haha 3
1 hour ago, AxleGrease99 said:

Now that I’d be willing to check the box on. @BlindSquirrel where are we at on the whole legionnaires front if it spits Tito’s? 

It seems plausible, but I’d need to come and take a few samples to confirm my hypothesis. 

• Haha 1

Yep dont use the floor cooler. I have a grizzly(I think) that came with the boat, we put it at the back of the lounge area and use it as a step. We put our box anchor into the floor cooler compartment.

On 7/17/2020 at 1:52 PM, tjklein said:

Which side are you surfing when it pulls?  

On my 2017 22mxz it pulls when surfing port, but goes dead straight when surfing starboard due to the prop rotation. My 23LSV was similar. Standard driving there is a slight pull left, again common.

Yup until you get hydraulic steering then it’s the same both sides. It’s a feature I’ll never own a 15” prop boat without (at least from axis / Malibu)

On 7/17/2020 at 1:58 PM, gregtay said:

Port or starboard? My 2019 w/ M6 requires significant effort to keep the boat going straight surfing the port side which is what I think we have determined to just be "normal".

yup 

but also pretty off topic :)

Edited by agarabaghi
On 7/17/2020 at 12:58 PM, gregtay said:

Funny, we just went out Friday and I was going to update my comment.  Yes, surfing left it's a hard pull on the wheel but no pull when surfing right.  Almost everybody I ride with surfs right so that's been most of my experience.

2 hours ago, eubanks said:

Funny, we just went out Friday and I was going to update my comment.  Yes, surfing left it's a hard pull on the wheel but no pull when surfing right.  Almost everybody I ride with surfs right so that's been most of my experience.

yup this is common, switching to hydraulic steering makes the issue feel like its not there since the steering wheel is rock solid all the time. pros and cons. 

17 hours ago, mk2driver said:

Maybe Malibu QC needs a QC. Guy just posted a video of his new M240 being unwrapped at the dealer and this was on the window! 🤣😂😝109943543_155995926063865_15768108616991

Opps. That's pretty funny.  

On 6/5/2020 at 5:26 PM, Hemmy said:

I think it would be nice to have a rudder indicator on the dash so you can see the direction the rudder is turned towards. This would help from overcorrecting when loading on a trailer or boat lift.

+1 for the rudder indicator. 

How about a motorized fold down swim step controlled from the touch screen. 

Something has to be done about the cooler. The $15 igloo just doesn’t cut it and nothing else fits quite right.