Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

1 minute ago, hunter77ah said:

Is this a typo or did Tommy's just drop that a M230 is going to be available?

image.png.177fa7970fc1d24cd720d945f1eaf85f.png

I think they meant M235 since that is the boat on the far left.

14 hours ago, jammer said:

@sbaird4000 what are your impressions of the bow seating and the new placement of the speakers?  I'm worried, but will hold judgment until I've sat in one.  Do the speakers get in the way at all of the legs of a passenger seated forward?  Can you sneak two people in the very front of the bow anymore?

I'm 6'1" and don't have a problem sitting in the bow with another adult. The speakers are far enough to the sides that they don't bother me at all and I don't feel they get in the way of my legs at all. If you are referring to having 2 people sitting in the bow and facing the back of the boat in order to watch the show then I would answer, probably not. Definitely not 2 adults at least. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

@sbaird4000 can we get a shot with the bimini deployed?

I don't open the bimini very often but the next time I'm out I'll see what i can do. There was a listing on only inboards for a 2021 LSV with the bimini open if you haven't seen it already. The bimini is definitely longer, which I like by the way. 

5 hours ago, pauley71 said:

@sbaird4000 - Do those Revs bolt directly to the tower?  Or is there an adapter plate?  WS said plates wouldn't be available until early 2021.  Curious since I was planning to do towers later.

The speakers are mounted directly to the tower. I haven't gotten close enough to check whether or not there is some sort of a small mounting bracket that is being used or not. If there is one there it's got to be tiny because the speakers really hug the tower. My lsv definitely doesn't have the brackets that the older lsv's used that placed the speakers on top of each other with an aluminum plate in between them. 

2 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

If you are referring to having 2 people sitting in the bow and facing the back of the boat in order to watch the show then I would answer, probably not. Definitely not 2 adults at least. 

This is why I went with a MXZ, 4 adults can fit in the bow, two in each direction.  I will never go back, it is the most popular spot on the boat by a mile!

18 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

So those are the regular sized Bimini and not the extended version?

That’s what it seems. It’s the version I’ve seen on all the MY21s. 

16 hours ago, sbaird4000 said:

The speakers are mounted directly to the tower. I haven't gotten close enough to check whether or not there is some sort of a small mounting bracket that is being used or not. If there is one there it's got to be tiny because the speakers really hug the tower. My lsv definitely doesn't have the brackets that the older lsv's used that placed the speakers on top of each other with an aluminum plate in between them. 

There’s a small bracket. Zoom-in on these and you can see them. 

CB10955D-D6B5-4FB2-BE6A-770A3BAC2198.jpeg

49477F55-45B1-4D6B-BE88-5A5B3BE4EE2F.jpeg

CFCBDDDA-8E5C-4E6E-8A73-414ACF5D1CBB.jpeg

A207925E-5672-47BD-A74B-82F8BA57C705.jpeg

7560C6C9-9AED-41C7-B499-452F701324C8.jpeg

28C1756B-B20F-4BDD-9A76-1B9AE31FA5E0.jpeg

2 hours ago, IXFE said:

There’s a small bracket. Zoom-in on these and you can see them. 

CB10955D-D6B5-4FB2-BE6A-770A3BAC2198.jpeg

49477F55-45B1-4D6B-BE88-5A5B3BE4EE2F.jpeg

CFCBDDDA-8E5C-4E6E-8A73-414ACF5D1CBB.jpeg

A207925E-5672-47BD-A74B-82F8BA57C705.jpeg

7560C6C9-9AED-41C7-B499-452F701324C8.jpeg

28C1756B-B20F-4BDD-9A76-1B9AE31FA5E0.jpeg

Very similar block to what they use on the Gx but defiantly a different part.

7 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Very similar block to what they use on the Gx but defiantly a different part.

Exactly. Given the fact that WS is telling people they don’t have anything for the G5, it would appear that Malibu developed these pieces on their own. Another reason it would be easier to source them from your dealer. 

I suspect when WS finally develops a G5 adaptor it will be a much bigger piece, more like their G3 adaptor. Come to think of it, have they ever released a robust adaptor for the Gx tower?

44 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Exactly. Given the fact that WS is telling people they don’t have anything for the G5, it would appear that Malibu developed these pieces on their own. Another reason it would be easier to source them from your dealer. 

I suspect when WS finally develops a G5 adaptor it will be a much bigger piece, more like their G3 adaptor. Come to think of it, have they ever released a robust adaptor for the Gx tower?

I don't believe they ever released an Gx adapter.  When I talked to them last year they weren't even sure what the Malibu OEM adapter looked like.  I have to think the demand for a Gx adapter is nearly zero.  Most people who check the $11k box for a Gx are also going to check the box for the 4xRev10's so they will get the adapters from the factory.  I fit in the category of ordering the Gx but not the Rev10s because I only wanted 1 pair of Rev10s and the factory would not allow me to configure my boat that way. So I ordered the boat without speakers and then ordered 1 pair of factory Malibu Rev10s from my dealer along with the mounting brackets (and an amp.)  So I doubt it is worth it for anyone to develop a 3rd party Gx adapter.  For the G5 I see people coming up with something as simply a slightly more cost effective version on what you can get from Malibu.

I just read a description of a 2021 24MXZ that had a line item called "Tower Mister".  Anybody have insight? Is it what I think it is? 

2 hours ago, mrnate450r said:

I just read a description of a 2021 24MXZ that had a line item called "Tower Mister".  Anybody have insight? Is it what I think it is? 

Guessing it pulls lake water and does what every other mister does?.... but not sure I want lake water being misted all over my boat getting baked in the sun. :-O  That could be a water spot nightmare. 

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gregtay said:

Guessing it pulls lake water and does what every other mister does?.... but not sure I want lake water being misted all over my boat getting baked in the sun. :-O  That could be a water spot nightmare. 

Sounded like it requires a freshwater tank. 

8 hours ago, AxleGrease99 said:

It also appears as if it is only for the GX tower. They show it on the new 2021 23 LSV page at malibuboats.com

9 hours ago, AxleGrease99 said:

More ballast :-O  But still even "fresh water" could make a mess if you have hard water.  Interesting concept, but if it is hot and I am on a boat then I am going to assume there is water under the boat that will cool me off.

• Haha 3
2 hours ago, gregtay said:

More ballast :-O  But still even "fresh water" could make a mess if you have hard water.  Interesting concept, but if it is hot and I am on a boat then I am going to assume there is water under the boat that will cool me off.

I’d be tempted to use this while wiping the boat down on the ramp.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, NWBU said:

I’d be tempted to use this while wiping the boat down on the ramp.

Now your are taking!  Just fill the tank with a little Hot Sauce then BAM! 

• Haha 3