Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2021 Predictions and model changes

bcoppess23

I don't foresee Malibu taking boats out of the lineup at this point.  I think the 3 offering for the MXZ series will stay parallel to the 3 offerings for the LSV series.  Also think its genius to offer a M220 - lot of folks have the money but don't want 24 feet of boat.

Regards,

58 minutes ago, Murphy8166 said:

I don't foresee Malibu taking boats out of the lineup at this point.  I think the 3 offering for the MXZ series will stay parallel to the 3 offerings for the LSV series.  Also think its genius to offer a M220 - lot of folks have the money but don't want 24 feet of boat.

Regards,

Completely agree. The M240 is too big for me to haul around and store but the M220 might be the sweet spot! 

1 hour ago, Murphy8166 said:

Regards,

The 22MXZ is gone for 2021, there is only 7" difference between 22 and 23 mxz and the 23 sales trumped the 22s in 2020. That is coming from a VERY reliable flying squirrel 🤣

• Like 1
37 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Completely agree. The M240 is too big for me to haul around and store but the M220 might be the sweet spot! 

We need some pics of the baby M!

M220 looks like it still has the normal surf gates but the same hull shape as the M240, which I like.  I like the MXZ's, but I could do without the forks on it.

Just now, Hemmy said:

M220 looks like it still has the normal surf gates but the same hull shape as the M240, which I like.  I like the MXZ's, but I could do without the forks on it.

And I am surprised that it comes with the G5 was the standard tower instead of the Gx.  So maybe its still a luxury boat like the M240 but with a slightly smaller jump from the standard LSV/MXZ boats... say $240k-$250ish.  My guess is they sell a lot of M220s.  (I am blown away at how many M240s they are selling!!!)

1 hour ago, st22eve said:

The 22MXZ is gone for 2021, there is only 7" difference between 22 and 23 mxz and the 23 sales trumped the 22s in 2020. That is coming from a VERY reliable flying squirrel 🤣

My bad - sounds like you are right on this one. 

4 hours ago, gregtay said:

(I am blown away at how many M240s they are selling!!!)

You hear the same with the Paragons.  Selling way more than they ever thought.

On 7/8/2020 at 8:56 AM, gregtay said:

And I am surprised that it comes with the G5 was the standard tower instead of the Gx.  So maybe its still a luxury boat like the M240 but with a slightly smaller jump from the standard LSV/MXZ boats... say $240k-$250ish.  My guess is they sell a lot of M220s.  (I am blown away at how many M240s they are selling!!!)

Even on the M240 for 2020 you could opt of of the Gx tower and go G3.5. I think reality is most guys that did the 240 clicked all the boxes. I think on the 220 it will be a bit different story. I could se the 220 being an awesome seller being mildly loaded out.

On 7/8/2020 at 7:56 AM, gregtay said:

My guess is they sell a lot of M220s.  (I am blown away at how many M240s they are selling!!!)

Any data to support the m240 sales? 

37 minutes ago, Pnwrider said:

Any data to support the m240 sales? 

I don't have any real data other than my local dealers selling quite a few and then seeing more than I could count on CdA in northern Idaho while I was there last week. Seriously felt like every time I saw a Malibu there was a good chance it was an M240.  I felt like I was in tiny Malibu running around there in my 23LSV.. seemed like everyone had a 240 or 25LSV. We launched at the local Malibu dealer and they said they had sold out of their allocation but managed to get 4 more builds for boats people ordered.  Sounded like they have more customers wanting to place orders as well.  There is a decent amount of money on that lake so maybe it is just a pocket but I am guessing there are plenty of lakes around the US that have the same situation.

M220 is a nice looking boat but cant see it putting out a wave any better than a 22 MXZ.   M240 now has a apples for apples comparison on price point with the  new G23 as its basically a parragon would love to see these 2 boats go side by side on wave .

ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, LucasC said:

M220 is a nice looking boat but cant see it putting out a wave any better than a 22 MXZ.   M240 now has a apples for apples comparison on price point with the  new G23 as its basically a parragon would love to see these 2 boats go side by side on wave .

Curious on why you say that? The M240 has a way better wave than the 24 MXZ. I’d be much more inclined to say the M220 will follow suit with ballast setups and performance. 

• Like 3
7 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Curious on why you say that? The M240 has a way better wave than the 24 MXZ. I’d be much more inclined to say the M220 will follow suit with ballast setups and performance. 

Not questioning you , but Is the 240 wave really that much better? ( I rode a 24 mxz for the first time and was blown away by the wave ,  compared to what I have.  I can’t imagine something being much taller/longer without being in the ocean . Lol

of course I have only surfed my axis 22 a 23 lsv and a tige to compare 

i

ahopkins22LSV
4 minutes ago, smuurph84 said:

Not questioning you , but Is the 240 wave really that much better? ( I rode a 24 mxz for the first time and was blown away by the wave ,  compared to what I have.  I can’t imagine something being much taller/longer without being in the ocean . Lol

of course I have only surfed my axis 22 a 23 lsv and a tige to compare 

i

Don’t get me wrong, the 24MXZ is very good but the M240 is in a league of its own. 

• Like 3
56 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

New Malibu Boat Unveiling

Live on Facebook

July 16

4:30 PM

Malibu Boats

Just saw that email.  Seems like Malibu is a little late on their 2021 announcement this year... not sure there is much mystery left!

53 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Just saw that email.  Seems like Malibu is a little late on their 2021 announcement this year... not sure there is much mystery left!

It’s the same story every year, Greg. New models always leak via DEALERS who whisper changes to potential customers (who in turn come here and spill the tea), take orders early, post ads on places like OIB, and even put pictures on Instagram. 

• Like 2
24 minutes ago, IXFE said:

It’s the same story every year, Greg. New models always leak via DEALERS who whisper changes to potential customers (who in turn come here and spill the tea), take orders early, post ads on places like OIB, and even put pictures on Instagram. 

True... but have we ever had deliveries of new MY boats prior to them even being announce? People are riding around in the all new 23LSV and it technically doesn't "exist" yet. Maybe it has happened before, just don't remember.

30 minutes ago, gregtay said:

True... but have we ever had deliveries of new MY boats prior to them even being announce? People are riding around in the all new 23LSV and it technically doesn't "exist" yet. Maybe it has happened before, just don't remember.

Hmmmm.... I haven’t seen pics in the wild, but I’m sure it’s happened in years past. As soon as a dealer takes delivery it could be sold a day later onto your local lake. Probably more true this year that ever before.

Maybe it’s also different this year because they switched over the factory to model year 2021 a bit earlier. 

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

This is also an abnormal year, didn’t they switch production model years earlier than normal? Normally they don’t change model years until after July 4 break but seemed like 2021’s were already being delivered by that time this year.