Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Damper Plate replaces now no oil pressure

At the end of the season last year I had to have the damper plate replaced on my 2001 23LSV Sunscape. It hasn’t been operated since the repairs. Took it to the dock today and started it and it fired right up but no oil pressure. When I turn the key, the needle goes from zero pressure up to the top of the gauge. Then when I fire it up, the gauge goes back to zero. I turned off. Checked oil. Reinserted dip stick. Fired up again and gauge bounces up with the key turn and then goes to zero again when the engine fires up. I checked dip stick again and when I pulled it out, oil was way up on the dip stick so I would assume oil is moving. Gauge seems fine as it’s moving before fire up?  340 Monsoon. Any suggestions?