Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

'07 Reponse Window issue

jsaxton

Personally, I don't mind the look of the phenomena holes, er vents. It's the functionality that's the problem. I can see myself cruising down the river with the steering wheel in one hand with the other busy trying to stuff towels into the holes. :lol:

Had the same thoughts until I was in the boat. No air what so ever comes thru the holes.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• skicrave

• doughickey

• WakeGirl

• SmoothWaterMan

I've seen a couple of these windshields in person, early production boats I'll admit. One was pretty solid but wasn't installed very well and the other one was installed fine but wasn't made well at all.

seriously, there is no air whatsoever coming through there

So basically the new windshield is athestically dis-pleasing (according to most folks) and it has no functionall purpose?! Change for change is not always good thing.

Careful, the dealers on here may not like that kind of bad-mouthing of the wonderful design. They simply know it's a better design... we should take their word for it.

We're just consumers.... what would we know.

Here Doug, :) :) :) , you forgot to add the smiley faces.

Peter

Ok, forgot. :(

Oops, wrong one. :)

I gotta ask.

If Malibu does or did have a windshield technical problem (regardless of whether it's a shipping problem, a field usage problem, a glass problem, a rubber seal problem, a frame problem, or any combination)..... have they fixed it? When? What have they done about the early shipped models?

Tracie mentioned earlier of an example of MC's intial problems with the throttle by wire (or something similar). This just underscores my initial point that new designs tend to have more than their share of technical problems. What makes Malibu's windshields exempt from this kind of result.

Not to re-open the can of worms.... but has anybody validated if a true fix has been made.

If Malibu won't admit to any real technical problem, then they have another one to address. That one is market perception that there is a problem. And in the world of consumerism, perception is reality.

If they do admit to a problem, will they share what the fix is/was?

Man oh man..... all this over a windshield that looks kinda dumb, and has these actual holes.... well, virtual holes, because it sounds like even though they are holes, nothing penetrates and goes through. "Air holes", but no "air". Kinda like "air" with a couple of missing letters. Could call them a-holes.

My name is Doug. I am not a dealer. Just a consumer. With an opinion. And a crummy old '98 Response. With no holes.

As for the glass from Canada, on behalf of our nation, my apology for the glass. While I'm at it, I will also apologize for sending the US other possibly less appreciated things like: Pamela Anderson, Michael J. Fox, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Shania Twain, Canada Geese, John Candy, hockey, and oh no..... Celine Dion. Like sorry eh?

Edited by doughickey

Here Doug, :) :) :) , you forgot to add the smiley faces.

Peter

Ok, forgot. :(

Oops, wrong one. :)

I gotta ask.

If Malibu does or did have a windshield technical problem (regardless of whether it's a shipping problem, a field usage problem, a glass problem, a rubber seal problem, a frame problem, or any combination)..... have they fixed it? When? What have they done about the early shipped models?

Tracie mentioned earlier of an example of MC's intial problems with the throttle by wire (or something similar). This just underscores my initial point that new designs tend to have more than their share of technical problems. What makes Malibu's windshields exempt from this kind of result.

Not to re-open the can of worms.... but has anybody validated if a true fix has been made.

If Malibu won't admit to any real technical problem, then they have another one to address. That one is market perception that there is a problem. And in the world of consumerism, perception is reality.

If they do admit to a problem, will they share what the fix is/was?

Man oh man..... all this over a windshield that looks kinda dumb, and has these actual holes.... well, virtual holes, because it sounds like even though they are holes, nothing penetrates and goes through. "Air holes", but no "air". Kinda like "air" with a couple of missing letters. Could call them a-holes.

My name is Doug. I am not a dealer. Just a consumer. With an opinion. And a crummy old '98 Response. With no holes.

As for the glass from Canada, on behalf of our nation, my apology for the glass. While I'm at it, I will also apologize for sending the US other possibly less appreciated things like: Pamela Anderson, Michael J. Fox, Jim Carrey, William Shatner, Shania Twain, Canada Geese, John Candy, hockey, and oh no..... Celine Dion. Like sorry eh?

Word is that the windshield issue has been fixed and they are shipping replacement WS out to the field to replace existing ones.

You forgot Micheal Moore!

Doug, your mind is made up and that's your opinion. I respect that, but until you work for Malibu you don't have any right to declare or demand anything. Your choice as a consumer is to like or or not, and voice your opinion.

Yes, Malibu has/had issues with the new w/s, and yes they said so. They did not deny a problem.

Yes, they have fixed it and are shipping boats. The only validation needed is from the customer that buys the boat. At this point I am not going to validate anything, for it will not change your opinion.

You don't like the looks. That's fine, that's why there are lots of different boat companies. They all make boats with seats, and like windshields, you can call them any name you like.

Peter. :(

Doug,...Your choice as a consumer is to...voice your opinion.
From a by-standers point of view...

That's all Doug ever did...and he got attacked and insulted for doing it. That's weak...

To NorCaliBu.... thanks. I really do appreciate your comments. I thought I was providing a 1 person (a consumer and always a potential new BU owner) perspective.

My goodness, you'd think I called their firstborn ugly and stupid. I haven't demanded anything. Just voiced an opinion. I thought manufacturers wanted to get marketplace input. From the 2 dealer responses, it's obvious that because I don't drool over their new design, that I am (this time) being told I can go buy a different boat. Excuse me Salesfolks.... it's that kind of arrogance that loses you customers.

To say you respect my opinion, then tell me to go away to another manufacurer because you don't like my opinion reeks of doublespeek and arrogance, let alone downright rudeness. This kind of attitude is not really appreciated by potential customers. Again, this is not your Dealer forum..... this is a Malibu Boat Owners chat site. Lots of good dialogue and info and opinion sharing. Telling me I don't have a right to "declare" anything unless I work for Malibu..... I take serious issue with that. Out of line. Period.

The last dealer said he had great boats in his showroom..... no problems. This dealer says Malibu has admitted to having a problem, and they have fixed it. So.... combine the 2 responses: Looks like they have fixed the problem they never had, and don't need to tell anybody anything. And if they did, it's only the people that want to buy a boat now. And if I don't like their design, well I can just go buy another boat. And unless I work for Malibu, I have no right to voice an opinion.

There is an old fable about the Emperor's New Clothes. I think both of you should read it.

All this from a company who says they want market feedback. Excuse me, but if you get feedback from people who bought a boat.... you have missed a huge sector of the marketplace.... namely those who haven't bought a boat from you. It's those folks you need to understand more. So they will buy your boat.

But, I do thank you for your dealer perspective. I've only made up my mind abut 1 thing. I will buy another Malibu in the future, don't know what year/model, but it will happen. I may be living in the US again when that happens. I will have to select a US dealer. Your input has helped me narrow down the list.

Thanks

My name is still Doug. I will likely own another Malibu or 2 in my future. But it depends.

No smiley's.

Edited by doughickey

It's not just about windshields anymore.

And I care.

And so might other people on this site who may have opinions on how/why 2 dealers can get so darned sensitive and arrogant, and use this forum to suggest that if I don't work for Malibu, I have no right to express an opinion.... and if I don't like their boat as-is, then I can go buy a different brand.

It's not just windshields.

Malibu did have a problem with the windsheilds breaking in shipping. They stopped production on the response and vtx while they worked with the vendor on this issue. From what I have been told they found a fix and have since began production again and are sending all previously produced boats new windsheilds. I work at a dealership and that is what I have been told...I have not been told if it is the same look or if it has been altered astetically.

To NorCaliBu.... thanks. I really do appreciate your comments. I thought I was providing a 1 person (a consumer and always a potential new BU owner) perspective.

My goodness, you'd think I called their firstborn ugly and stupid. I haven't demanded anything. Just voiced an opinion. I thought manufacturers wanted to get marketplace input. From the 2 dealer responses, it's obvious that because I don't drool over their new design, that I am (this time) being told I can go buy a different boat. Excuse me Salesfolks.... it's that kind of arrogance that loses you customers.

To say you respect my opinion, then tell me to go away to another manufacurer because you don't like my opinion reeks of doublespeek and arrogance, let alone downright rudeness. This kind of attitude is not really appreciated by potential customers. Again, this is not your Dealer forum..... this is a Malibu Boat Owners chat site. Lots of good dialogue and info and opinion sharing. Telling me I don't have a right to "declare" anything unless I work for Malibu..... I take serious issue with that. Out of line. Period.

The last dealer said he had great boats in his showroom..... no problems. This dealer says Malibu has admitted to having a problem, and they have fixed it. So.... combine the 2 responses: Looks like they have fixed the problem they never had, and don't need to tell anybody anything. And if they did, it's only the people that want to buy a boat now. And if I don't like their design, well I can just go buy another boat. And unless I work for Malibu, I have no right to voice an opinion.

There is an old fable about the Emperor's New Clothes. I think both of you should read it.

All this from a company who says they want market feedback. Excuse me, but if you get feedback from people who bought a boat.... you have missed a huge sector of the marketplace.... namely those who haven't bought a boat from you. It's those folks you need to understand more. So they will buy your boat.

But, I do thank you for your dealer perspective. I've only made up my mind abut 1 thing. I will buy another Malibu in the future, don't know what year/model, but it will happen. I may be living in the US again when that happens. I will have to select a US dealer. Your input has helped me narrow down the list.

Thanks

My name is still Doug. I will likely own another Malibu or 2 in my future. But it depends.

No smiley's.

Word!

Doug,...Your choice as a consumer is to...voice your opinion.
From a by-standers point of view...

That's all Doug ever did...and he got attacked and insulted for doing it. That's weak...

I disagree. He attacked the new models on hearsay.

Allow me to quote Doug:

"As a consumer, (and as a former engineer in the manufacturing sector), I would try to stay away from most new "technologies" in their first year of production. There's no way a manufacturer has all the engineering & manufacturing bases covered. Why become their Quality Assurance department. Worst case is you end up with a dud design with no fix."

So, because of his experience in the "manufacturing sector" one should not by a new RLXi, VTX, or 20 LSV? Who's attacking who here? Who is getting insulted?

And then there was this one which had absolutely no basis:

"Not to bring up the "Monsoon & Catalytic" converter thing again, but I'd let other folks be the 1st year production guinea pigs on these kind of things."

Have you drove one Doug? Do you someone who has had any issues with one Doug? Do you own one Doug? Have you any idea wtf you are talking about regarding the new Monsoon, Doug?

With the warm weather, I have actually spent time in 3 different 2007 boats with the new

Malibu Monsoon 340 EFI-MPI w/catalyst (or "Monsoon & Catalytic" as you call it). I thought they all performed very well. The 4 that I have delivered have all performed flawlessly.

Norcal, am I attacking and insulting Doug because I actually know wtf I am talking about?

Whoa, everyone back up the truck a minute & take a deep breath because this is on the verge of seriously getting out of hand. Remember the old saying about arguing on the internet. While you guys do that, I'm going to go back & review the thread to try & see where exactly it went sideways.

EDIT: After looking back at the thread, it appears to serve no purpose to continue with this. Most here that know what's going on at the factories are in agreement that a fix for the windshields has been implemented, which was what the OP was asking about. Keeping it open will only further encourage the downward spiral that has already begun. It looks like strong opinions were expressed & taken exception to on both sides, & it just went from there. It happens to the best of us at times.

And with that, this thread is closed. If you have further questions about the '07 models, I would encourage you to use the search function to find the many other threads that exist on that topic.

Edited by WakeGirl