Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Fueling at the dock?

Zippymbr

5 minutes ago, Infinitysurf said:

The jiggler/shaker siphons come in different sizes which determines how fast they move fluid. The 1/2" takes about a minute/15 seconds to drain....the 3/4" takes about 45 seconds and is what I use. They also have 1" which I have not used but imagine it would be even faster.

This is what I use on our dock. FYI, I ordered a 1" first time thinking bigger will be faster. I wouldn't fit the opening of my gas cans. Returned it and got the 3/4". It's great.

On 4/7/2020 at 10:33 PM, asnowman said:

Bigger siphon too....

The Original Safety Siphon Gas Siphon 6 Foot High Grade Hose, 1" Valve https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01N1ZR2SN/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_FwuJEb8WYWCVC

Drains a 5 gallon can in 45 seconds or so.

This is what I use.  No mess. Quick to drain a 5 gal container.  AND SUPER CHEAP.  No reason to spend 100 bucks on a gas trolly, or gas container.  That siphon hose does a fantastic job.

• 2 weeks later...

I have about 12 cans that I fill the boat with.  I never considered using the siphon hose, but I do replace the awful safety nozzles with this high flow nozzle.  Drains a 5 gallon can in about 30 seconds.

https://www.amazon.com/EZ-POUR-40051-Replacement-Spout-White/dp/B00YP3YTXM/ref=sr_1_18?dchild=1&keywords=gas+nozzle&qid=1588020737&s=automotive&sr=1-18

Edited by Peebalz
  • 3 years later...

Looks like y'all were thinking about this about the same time I was, in 2020.  Came up with an idea then, started working on it, crashed my boat and nearly died (Malibu 23LSV), had a few surgeries and started working on my prototype.  It rocks.  Now I'm bringing it to market.  Sean Silveira (4x Wakesurf champ) just posted this vid on it.  

• Like 2
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/8/2024 at 6:41 PM, SmartAss said:

It rocks.  Now I'm bringing it to market.

Sounds like a winner, but at $4,500 plus shipping, I wish you luck!

I like the idea but $4500 is steep..  And it is only is 50 gallons, nearly half a tank.   I have a 100 gallon slip tank in my truck with 75ft of hose which I am into for $800. Back the truck down to the dock and good to go. 

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2024 at 12:00 PM, Cole2001 said:

I like the idea but $4500 is steep..  And it is only is 50 gallons, nearly half a tank.   I have a 100 gallon slip tank in my truck with 75ft of hose which I am into for $800. Back the truck down to the dock and good to go. 

This is exactly what I would do.  Use a truck tank, back truck down the boat launch and fill it up that way.  Handling that much weight in the form of multiple 5-15+ gallon tanks or single portable 50+ gallon tanks all summer is a recipe for an accident to happen.   I would do everything I could to avoid that risk including investing in a home tank.