Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Corona virus and new boat delivery

greg2222

1 hour ago, surfdude said:

Yup, but now I see the lofty prices on c8’s are evaporating. I see a couple of dealers now at msrp. 

I looked last week and saw a couple in the $130k range.  Just looked now and some are at MSRP.  With limited production this year these will eventually be worth a a lot. 

Factory is still closed until 13/4/2020 as per Malibu website . They closed as state has 350 cases now is almost 4000 so it will take weeks before factory opens and deliver/complete build not finished/ordered boats . There is another issue - who wants to order 2020 boat in middle of the summer when almost 50% lake are closed until September 30? I think they will open for 2021 models build up. 

3 hours ago, greg2222 said:

Factory is still closed until 13/4/2020 as per Malibu website . They closed as state has 350 cases now is almost 4000 so it will take weeks before factory opens and deliver/complete build not finished/ordered boats . There is another issue - who wants to order 2020 boat in middle of the summer when almost 50% lake are closed until September 30? I think they will open for 2021 models build up. 

I'm sure Malibu management is assessing what model year (MY) re-start production will be as much as those of us in the queue. Our spray date was scheduled for 2 days after the shutdown. As I understand it, Malibu new MY starts about September? Is that right? At this point I'd guess the very earliest re-start to be early to mid May. Which points to an optimistic mid-June delivery for a 2020 MY boat.....  I understand it's not their fault, but I'll be inclined to postpone/cancel our order to avoid a 2 month depreciation hit. Got a boat....   Just don't need our new one that bad. This comment isn't really to the Forum. It's to Malibu management. Not inclined to go forward with a $140k purchase and take a $40k depreciation hit in 2-3 months. AND.... I'd really want to get whatever 21 MY upgrades were planned back early March before this all hit the fan. Very similar dilemma facing GM and the just released Corvette. Attention Malibu leadership.... given all my business is going thru.... I just don't need a new boat that bad now in 2020 without some consideration.  Malibu... at the least send out some rumors to help fight these order cancellation thots.

24 minutes ago, greg2222 said:

Last year 2020 23MXZ was posted at this forum 6/29/20219  so I assuming 2021 models starts from middle/end of June. 

I believe they typically start announcing 2021 boats in June and order banks might open up at that time but production is a bit limited at first.

On 4/7/2020 at 3:35 AM, greg2222 said:

I highly doubt any lakes will be closed till Sept 30th.  I know the forest service closed the lakes they control till "Sept 30 or the order is rescinded." ... that last part is pretty key.  My guess is that by state law any "order" needs an end date (can can't just say lakes are "closed indefinitely" without a different legislative action.  The easiest thing to do is put down Sept 30 which pretty much has you covered so that you don't have to keep issuing updated "orders" and causing confusion on what date is the latest.  When things start to clear up they simply cancel the order and lakes are open.  For Seattle I think we are peaking now and for the most part "we flattened the curve" and should be on the backside of this soon and I am hopeful it will be a pretty normal summer of boating on the lakes.

And the launch docks are in on Lake Minnetonka.  Had to take a spin over to the grocery store for a couple more last minute easter feast fixings, so I took a side trip to the launch.   4 Trailers in the parking lot and the docks are all in.  It'll be interesting to see once the weather warms up what it is like, although with everyone working from home in our house we should be able to go out on weekdays pretty easily.

For what it is worth,  I ordered my 2019 in early June 2018 and it was delivered late July 2018. Just a hunch but I bet they delay turning over to 2021's and releasing details until all of their 2020's are built.

2 hours ago, greg2222 said:

I just check Malibu website and that message about shut down is gone. Anyone knows if possibly they building boats ? 

The original message said they planned to reopen April 7th.  As a publicly traded company I would assume they would also have to publicly announce if that had been extended.

Last message that was up was that they would be closed u till the 20th. I saw a post of the Malibu and axis owners Facebook page that someone chimes in from Malibu that works in towers department that claims they were going back to work on the 21st. 

TN has extended their stay at home order until May 1...not sure if that affects Malibu or not, but I would assume so.

1 hour ago, JimmyD43 said:

Last message that was up was that they would be closed u till the 20th. I saw a post of the Malibu and axis owners Facebook page that someone chimes in from Malibu that works in towers department that claims they were going back to work on the 21st. 

I was told this as well. But given the stay at home was extended Im gonna guess this wont happen. Ours here in St. Louis has been extended, all they will really say is that they will look at it again in mid May.

Edited by COOP