Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

25 LSV Short Range Towing - W/ Suburban Help - 2WD with 8.3k towing or 4WD with 8.0k towing (both have 14k total capacity)

Raleigh

So just to provide an update here. I have been towing the 25 LSV to the lake (relatively flat drive, 20 mins away) and back with my Jeep 4WD with 7,200 towing capacity. I am too scared to tow with the Suburban 4WD, due to the 5,000 towing capacity. I've not had any issues on wet ramps, stopping quickly, towing with people on the boat out of the water. I try and maintain a distance. Had someone pull in front of me today and stopped quickly no issues. The guy I bought it from used a Jeep Grand Cherokee to tow it and nver had issues either. He towed 1.5 hours each way. We are in the central part of NC so no mountains, but small hills. 

I'm gonna borrow the Chevy rated 12,500 for towing to other lakes over 30 minutes away.