Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (to me) Response TXi

braindamage

20 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Unfortunately I don't think you can even find one of those towers anymore.  Agree though.  Probably the best looking tower/boat combo ever.

I know.  Super unfortunate.  It is, IMO, the best looking boat / tower combo.  

19 minutes ago, braindamage said:

Exterior pics. 44deg and 25mph winds. Whew!!

2C06EEC0-03E9-4906-AA70-72871C65250A.jpeg

840A7879-0D60-4EEC-B3CF-3E746BA6360A.jpeg

Nice! But yuck! 

What's the chrome doodad in front of the passenger side windscreen? 

Edited by UWSkier

Yeah...you can see the extension cord hanging over the gunnel from the light I put in the motor box to keep from freezing.

i had to find 2-incandescent bulbs...not so easy to find in my house anymore.

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/4/2019 at 9:45 PM, braindamage said:

The PO said he had 4 other ppl offer listing price with a non-refundable $5k deposit. I really don’t know why he decided to sell to me, but I’m happy he did!!

Just seeing your post. Congratulations on your sweet new ride !!

Steve B.

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Definitely unique.  That Response logo just ahead of the windshield wasn't standard that year.  Nor was the black rub rail.  I dig it.

For some reason I think I remember 12’s coming with that though. That’s really digging in my memory though and I’m probably wrong :lol:

@braindamage I removed the big response decal on the sides of mine and really liked it naked better. Might be worth a thought!

I will photoshop and see what looks best.  I kind of like the decal but one spot is coming loose

edit: naked pic.  Color isn't exact, but best I could do in 5 mins.

edit2: @Eagleboy99 Completely naked with no malibu decal

Which do you like better?

response w-no decal.png

response.JPG

response naked.png

Edited by braindamage
  • Like 2
ahopkins22LSV

I vote the response removed or left on. I think the Malibu needs to stay. BTW I took mine off to replace a decal as it was falling off and after I got it off I liked the look better. 

Also, the stripe below the rub rail wasn’t tall enough to get the registration numbers in it. I choose to order a set with colors that I could split the line. Was kinda tough to get the spacing perfect due to the curve of the hull. 

9F7E35FC-975F-4D2A-AF3A-B275A684EEA7.jpeg

03469316-6C5B-42DD-BC46-9303AF4AC836.jpeg

• Like 1
  • 5 months later...
On 10/8/2019 at 8:25 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

In my TXi, I ran 150 in the bow if I had equal people weight. One bag on each cushion or in the storage. If it was just a driver I ran exactly how you describe, 100 on observer seat, all the way to the side, and the port bow bag stayed in place. Boat was dialed like that, loved how it skied!

@ahopkinsVTX did you run just a driver or did you always have a spotter? I’d like to set up the weight and not have to move it around based on if I have a spotter or not.

i had the weight 100# under spotter seat and 50# under bow cushion. It was noticeably listing toward me when I drove it to my lift yesterday, so I’m wondering if I need to add another 50# below the spotter sear.

ahopkins22LSV
2 minutes ago, braindamage said:

@ahopkinsVTX did you run just a driver or did you always have a spotter? I’d like to set up the weight and not have to move it around based on if I have a spotter or not.

i had the weight 100# under spotter seat and 50# under bow cushion. It was noticeably listing toward me when I drove it to my lift yesterday, so I’m wondering if I need to add another 50# below the spotter sear.

Both. With just a driver, try moving the 50# bag under the bow cushion to the port passenger cushion. Basically the bag on the port passenger side of the bow never moved. That is also where I had my anchor. I am pretty sure it was level like that. I am 175lbs for reference. ACME 515 prop. Prop could influence it as well.

• Like 1