Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

New (to me) Response TXi

braindamage

58 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Unplug the shift solenoid on the transmission if you need to rev it in the driveway or something.

Wow. alrighty then!

how easy is that to do?

Edited by braindamage
1 hour ago, braindamage said:

Wow. alrighty then!

how easy is that to do?

Easy.  Open engine cover, locate the 2 solonoids on the trans and remove the electrical connector.  Make sure you pay attention to which one was attached to each solonoid 

5 hours ago, oldjeep said:

Easy.  Open engine cover, locate the 2 solonoids on the trans and remove the electrical connector.  Make sure you pay attention to which one was attached to each solonoid 

Important detail...

9 hours ago, braindamage said:

the inaugural run!!!

34A08CB0-3ACB-4160-912E-6794D58E2971.jpeg

Alright time to start an epic argument circa 2015: is the rope blue or white?

Let the chaos ensue.

49 minutes ago, LateNightSalami said:

Alright time to start an epic argument circa 2015: is the rope blue or white?

Let the chaos ensue.

Who cares what color the rope is, look at that nice flat water! Super jealous. 

We skied just before sunset, so air temp in upper 50’s and sunny. Comfy in an all black wetsuit. Water was low 50’s so the ski was a bit sticky. I’m sad that the end of the season is near. Tonight may be the last chance.

awesome wake (of course). I need to dial in the spotter seat counter-weight as it lists easier than my SSLXi.

I’m thinking of 100# behind spotter seat along the floor corner. Then another 50# more in the center toward the front.

and yes...the handle rope is blue 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
33 minutes ago, braindamage said:

We skied just before sunset, so air temp in upper 50’s and sunny. Comfy in an all black wetsuit. Water was low 50’s so the ski was a bit sticky. I’m sad that the end of the season is near. Tonight may be the last chance.

awesome wake (of course). I need to dial in the spotter seat counter-weight as it lists easier than my SSLXi.

I’m thinking of 100# behind spotter seat along the floor corner. Then another 50# more in the center toward the front.

One of the things I liked so much with the SSLXi The wake was so good and it did not change unless you had five or six people in the boat. Just a driver and it was fine. No counter weight! 

• Like 2
ahopkins22LSV
1 hour ago, braindamage said:

In my TXi, I ran 150 in the bow if I had equal people weight. One bag on each cushion or in the storage. If it was just a driver I ran exactly how you describe, 100 on observer seat, all the way to the side, and the port bow bag stayed in place. Boat was dialed like that, loved how it skied!

BTW, your ski would have felt less sticky if you would have taken some pictures of the boat at sunset to post on here :dontknow:

50 minutes ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

BTW, your ski would have felt less sticky if you would have taken some pictures of the boat at sunset to post on here :dontknow:

Tonight...I promise!!

• Like 2
6 hours ago, oldjeep said:

If WI has the same weather we had yesterday it was low 40s in the morning. 

End of August this past summer we had a freak cold spell that had AM temps in the mid 40's for one morning.  Weird.  No wetsuit but the air was a slap in the face let me tell you! (to the OP:  just  yanking your chain - looks like nice water)

8 hours ago, UWSkier said:

Looks like this afternoon and tomorrow could be nice if you can play hooky! 

On weighting, take off the power wedge and put it under the observer's seat... :)

I was thinking of selling the wedge.  Not sure what I could get for it.

One question...with the metal on the gunnels, there’s no way to stow skis there. Anyone have a mod that I could do to create ski stowage? Without a tower they clutter the floor.

edit: after chatting with @UWSkier, my ski fits neatly in the rear locker. I’ll just have to figure out what to do with my guests skis.

3253244B-F2BB-495A-9177-A6EB1C6AFE9C.jpeg

Edited by braindamage
2 hours ago, Slayer said:

That boat looks sick with an XTP tower.  However, if I had that boat I would leave it tower free. 

Unfortunately I don't think you can even find one of those towers anymore.  Agree though.  Probably the best looking tower/boat combo ever.

• Like 2