Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 MXZ

2020MXZ

1 hour ago, Wavemaker said:

What is the biggest PNP bag for the 2020 22 MXZ rear lockers?  I've seen some varying answers to this question throughout my research.  2017 was the last 22 MXZ hull remodel correct?  

Yes 17 was the last refresh for the 22 MXZ. As far as bags go WakeMakers makes a 475 which I believe is very accurate since wakemakers laser measures the lockers and makes the bags for an exact fit. Flyhigh makes a 570 and a 650 but their 570 measurements are pretty much the same as the WM 475. I have the flyhigh 570s in my 17 22mxz and when full they are the same height as the L shaped hard tanks leaving enough space for jackets and ropes on top of bags. The 650s are about 4"s taller and always seemed to end up settling at the tank height also. In my opinion the most weight you can get into these lockers is around 500lbs.

59 minutes ago, st22eve said:

Yes 17 was the last refresh for the 22 MXZ. As far as bags go WakeMakers makes a 475 which I believe is very accurate since wakemakers laser measures the lockers and makes the bags for an exact fit. Flyhigh makes a 570 and a 650 but their 570 measurements are pretty much the same as the WM 475. I have the flyhigh 570s in my 17 22mxz and when full they are the same height as the L shaped hard tanks leaving enough space for jackets and ropes on top of bags. The 650s are about 4"s taller and always seemed to end up settling at the tank height also. In my opinion the most weight you can get into these lockers is around 500lbs.

So basically the Flyhigh 650 is advertised at 650 lbs but is much closer to 475-500 lbs??

6 minutes ago, Wavemaker said:

So basically the Flyhigh 650 is advertised at 650 lbs but is much closer to 475-500 lbs??

For the MXZ, yes. I'm not doubting it can hold 650 in a 25 lsv with more room and deeper freeboard since they run the same bag but space is space and the MXZ rear lockers will accommodate 450-500 lbs no matter what the bag claims. 

Edited by st22eve