Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Looking for a stainless tracking fin, 2002 Response

Lost it on a turn yesterday; must have rotted off.  Pic's below.  If anyone knows of one available, please let me know. I've contacted Malibu, the suppliers, and the first fifty dealerships in state-alphabetical order but they don't seem to exist.  Also, if anyone can suggest how they were attached and I can re-attach one that would be helpful.

IMG_0183.thumb.jpeg.747d0c09ee936a2442734c4a8fc0f99e.jpegIMG_0184.thumb.jpeg.a768b1ba1613b288a2c56afa63a3b034.jpegIMG_0187.thumb.jpeg.e5ada907d96222dd7a1563c76598a02e.jpegIMG_0186.thumb.jpeg.ea5056f1f153c2e25e9dd16c557089da.jpegIMG_0188.thumb.jpeg.a484bab1dd1a840a5b03db37fd48e3fc.jpegIMG_0192.thumb.jpeg.a35ab6e51411f802944214b9c958ca1f.jpegIMG_0199.thumb.jpeg.2fc3dbeac4aaad5e57012e17713c23d6.jpeg

Woo - I finally might be useful for once here!  

Check out MarineHardware.com - I would guess that at one point they were a major distributor or manufacturer of parts for Malibu and other inboard boat manufacturers, but I'm totally only making that guess based off of how many random exact parts they have for these kind of boats. 

You'll have to look through the janky online .PDF version of their parts catalog, but I think yours is on page 41 of the catalog listed below under "Turn Fins" with the name "Hi-Aspect Ratio Turn Fin" in either Bronze ( Part No. TURNECHELON-F-B ) or Stainless Steel ( Part No. TURNECHELON-F-S ) ... just double check your research, but it shows a base dimension of 2-5/16" x 9" and a blade depth of 5-13/16"  

Catalog link: http://www.marinehardware.com/downloads/running_gear.pdf 

Hope that helps!

Edit - FYI - for people who come across this post in the future, there is also a catalog for many other types of boat parts that many will find very useful: http://www.marinehardware.com/productcatalog.html 

Edited by jonredcorn
20 hours ago, Gara said:

Lost it on a turn yesterday; must have rotted off.

Not likely.  Nothing to "rot".  Those don't look like screw holes, either?  Also, I understand that Central Valley prop (the SS prop that exploded all the time and the company is bankrupt) made some SS parts for the California boats.

• Like 1

Thank you all.  Marine Hardware does not make or stock it. Will be nibral if I can find one.  The challenge will be attaching it as it seems to have been bolts into the gelcoat.

These lag bolt in from below.  If you lost one, it means that four lag bolts backed out.  Unlikely.  Suspect you hit something and didn't notice.  You can epoxy up those holes and drill new ones once you do find a fin.