Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

12 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

You must know me 

I don’t. Your profile says Northern KY....there’s only one dealer in the region and its No Wake and one decent boat show and it’s Cinci. 

On 9/14/2019 at 2:24 AM, robbieg247 said:

The gx you have no option it comes with 2 pair of rev 10 . You can option for no amp but the speakers are not a option. 

Not true. You can order the Gc with out the rev10s or amp. There is no other choice... it is either 2 pairs of Rev10s and the amp or nothing. I went with nothing and then added 1 pair of rev 10s after I took delivery.

7 hours ago, Cazan said:

I don’t. Your profile says Northern KY....there’s only one dealer in the region and its No Wake and one decent boat show and it’s Cinci. 

loling.    unless thats jake owens burner account in which case yes we all do :lol:  

7 hours ago, gregtay said:

Not true. You can order the Gc with out the rev10s or amp. There is no other choice... it is either 2 pairs of Rev10s and the amp or nothing. I went with nothing and then added 1 pair of rev 10s after I took delivery.

Call your dealer and have him price a 240 without rev 10 on a gx tower . I have gone round n round with Malibu to not put them on as I’m a wet sounds dealer and prefer to not pay the price . You can not de option the tower . 

10 hours ago, Cazan said:

You had just stated it with such confidence I thought we may know each other . Ha 

14 hours ago, agarabaghi said:

Also dont forget to factor in all the tools needed to do this, that one cannot just assume everyone has readily available to them.  

If you only knew the begged borrowed and rented tools @IXFE uses every year you'd bite your tongue!

12 hours ago, IXFE said:

99% of folks are still earning an hourly wage? Okey-dokey. I guess you don’t watch tv, read books, or surf the Internet, either.  Have you ever quantified how much your time on TMC costs you?  Is that time free?  

I don’t spend $200k on my boats. Not even close  

Besides, $20k is $20k no matter how much you already spent

Doesn’t require specialty tools, unless you consider things like screwdrivers, wire cutters, and cordless drills to be special  

Saving money isn’t even the goal... it’s mainly about getting a better result

My point in saying my time is free was simply that I enjoy the process.  I don’t “charge myself” for doing audio install any more than I do for playing golf. Also I enjoy excellent audio. 

If you’re happy with overpriced mediocre audio and you’re time is so precious you can’t spare 10-20 hours, then you certainly don’t have to. 

whatever you need to keep your self convinced its a good. 

I did get a nice laugh about how you think you are some amazing sound designer on a boat you have never seen or know how the layout is. That was great. thanks. 

6 minutes ago, agarabaghi said:

whatever you need to keep your self convinced its a good. 

I did get a nice laugh about how you think you are some amazing sound designer on a boat you have never seen or know how the layout is. That was great. thanks. 

Thanks for taking the time to respond. And thank you for blessing us all with your participation today. I know your time is precious. 

Like I said... It ain’t rocket science to those of us who know how to turn a screw driver. 

10 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Thanks for taking the time to respond. And thank you for blessing us all with your participation today. I know your time is precious. 

Like I said... It ain’t rocket science to those of us who know how to turn a screw driver. 

thank your for your lovely response and explanation that installing a system involves a screw driver.... Also thanks for derailing this conversation. You should take this to DIY M24 stereo under the stereo thread. That way the rest of us dont have read about how skilled you are with a hole saw. 

Edited by agarabaghi

Let us not forget the audio gremlins that can come from the factory $20k set up (chirp, chirp) 

good luck tracking down the source of the factory gremlins without first hand knowledge of the wiring schematic. Or have fun with round trips to your dealer that will most likely be throwing darts for a solution. You will go broke not being at work

Edited by Stevo
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
On 9/16/2019 at 3:02 AM, robbieg247 said:

Call your dealer and have him price a 240 without rev 10 on a gx tower . I have gone round n round with Malibu to not put them on as I’m a wet sounds dealer and prefer to not pay the price . You can not de option the tower . 

Okay.. maybe on the 240 that is true.  On my LSV I as able to order sans tower speakers (I was originally told I had no choice.. but my dealer was able to order it exactly how I wanted it.

tower.JPG.4baf56ba1a2c360af9dd669e9fe71820.JPG

12 hours ago, martinarcher said:

Alright guys, lets get along and get the thread back on track.  We know some like to DIY and others like to have someone else take care of it. 

As long as both end up on the water enjoying the day its all good.  Moving on....

Comment of the day right there😎

• Like 2

That new re-designed X26 dropped yesterday.  Massive sweet looking boat.  I am sure well north of $200k as a take home cost.  New M240, new Surf Nautique & the new X26 - like they all have the same product road map!  Can't wait to see them all!