Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

40 minutes ago, IXFE said:

In fine TMC fashion, we’ve taken a thread about the largest wake boat ever built and turned it into a thread about microscopic organisms.

well done, fellas.  

Largest wake boat ever built?  You mean this boat?

https://www.pavati.com/wake-boats/al26-wake-boat/

It's a related subject when they put 6 tanks in a boat withe issue spreading across the country

2 hours ago, Cole2001 said:

If somehow you could create a system that runs hot engine water throughout all the tanks while the engine is running that would be the way to go. Then afterwards having a valve that closes to ensure no water is allowed in and an indication that you can use to prove that your boat is properly flushed. 

That’s exactly the idea I’m trying to say. How long does this flushing process normally take?

17 hours ago, bass10a said:

if they get that on a thumb switch mounted to the throttle so you never take a hand off the wheel, its a whole new ball game.

I am talking with them currently about doing a winter install on my 23lsv.  Word is there are a few different controllers to choose from.  There’s quite a few people on here that have done it already so I’ll let them discuss how big of a deal the throttle mount is.  I have used thrusters on big boats and never found that throttle mount would have made things easier, but with those bigger boats there was very little wheel turning necessary so it might matter more with these wakeboats to have a hand always on the wheel.

36 minutes ago, Skymedic said:

That’s exactly the idea I’m trying to say. How long does this flushing process normally take?

I boat private water in Colorado and you can see the pain in the eyes of the decon guy as I roll up. It takes nearly an hour to do a full decon, depending on how picky they are. I’ve had them completely fill all of my tanks and bags, flush my motor for 15 min, wash the boat, trailer, anchor, ect. It is a huge pain. I’d love to visit more lakes but it is such a hassle I never leave “our” lake. 

33 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Does the AL26 weigh 7500 lbs?  

Didn't think so

It’s almost 3 feet longer, so it’s much larger.  It’s not heavier than the m240, but that’s due to being constructed of aluminum.  It holds almost twice the subfloor ballast and has a diesel option.  

it’s the largest wakeboarding ever built hands down.  It’s base model is the same msrp as the m240.

put down the Malibu koolaid.  

8 minutes ago, Ccceric said:

I boat private water in Colorado and you can see the pain in the eyes of the decon guy as I roll up. It takes nearly an hour to do a full decon, depending on how picky they are. I’ve had them completely fill all of my tanks and bags, flush my motor for 15 min, wash the boat, trailer, anchor, ect. It is a huge pain. I’d love to visit more lakes but it is such a hassle I never leave “our” lake. 

Which lake are you on?  We had our first year traveling around Colorado in a decade with standley closing.  Took us forever to adjust to the decon process

8 minutes ago, CJAY said:

It’s almost 3 feet longer, so it’s much larger.  It’s not heavier than the m240, but that’s due to being constructed of aluminum.  It holds almost twice the subfloor ballast and has a diesel option.  

it’s the largest wakeboarding ever built hands down.  It’s base model is the same msrp as the m240.

No Malibu Koolaid here. Just facts. I have no opinions on the M240. Haven’t seen it in person. I’m not a fan of the cooler. And I’m not sure why it costs so much.  Why don’t you go over to the stereo forum and see just how much koolaid I'm drinking over there.  

I didn’t say “longest” I said “largest” which could absolutely be defined as heaviest. You don’t think I know there are longer boats?  Longer doesn’t mean bigger. Neither does more ballast.  

Pop quiz...

Gisele Bundchen: would you’d say she’s tall or big??

This is silly CJAY, you nitpicking my words. Let’s  go back to talking to about plankton. 

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Pop quiz...

Gisele Bundchen: would you’d say she’s tall or big?

I’d say neither. I did have to google who that is, but she’s hotter than donut grease.

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, CJAY said:

Strongly suggested to demo Al26 and compare to yours 25LSV . Don’t even try compare to M240.. all Youtube video some one is wake surfing or wake boarding behind Pavati is just video prepared by professionals.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, greg2222 said:

How many of this forum users demo all of this boats? I did all of them - Pavati ,G, Tige Zx5, Ri, x24. I spent all summer with my24MXZ and friend 25LSV. And one world - there is no other boat to be compared performance to Malibu(wake and surf) and now M240 better performance and quality!!  

This one  is my design 

4B09FF9B-8183-485E-A9DD-5A7E455BE60C.png

Nice looking design. 

You better say something bad about Malibu fast or @CJAY will use the “K” word on you. 😬

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, 6Door said:

I'm new to this forum.  I joined just to research and read about the M240.  I've appreciated all the "good" comments and posts. ;-)  Really appreciate @robbieg247 all his research, insight and his time to talk to me an the phone last night about his personal hands on experience with the M240.  Awesome dude!

I've demo'd 10 different boats in the past month to find which one has the best surf wake and decide what I'm going to buy.  The Pavati AL26 was one of the boats I tested.  I was hyped on Pavati and was expecting to be blown away.  The boat is cool.  Best rough water riding surf boat out there; it's solid.  But it does not have the best surf wave....

Yeah, Pavati makes a sweet boat for making a statement but I’m still waiting for someone not sponsored by Pavati to say something nice about their waves.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, 6Door said:

I'm new to this forum.  I joined just to research and read about the M240.  I've appreciated all the "good" comments and posts. ;-)  Really appreciate @robbieg247 all his research, insight and his time to talk to me an the phone last night about his personal hands on experience with the M240.  Awesome dude!

I've demo'd 10 different boats in the past month to find which one has the best surf wake and decide what I'm going to buy.  The Pavati AL26 was one of the boats I tested.  I was hyped on Pavati and was expecting to be blown away.  The boat is cool.  Best rough water riding surf boat out there; it's solid.  But it does not have the best surf wave....

Thanks !! The feeling is mutual. Glad we could chat last night . 

Guys one other note . My interior is mainly black and Malibu is offering cool touch interior on some colors on the M240 and am told it will be optional at some point on all models . I was told msrp would be somewhere between 2300-2600 for entire interior. 

21 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

Guys one other note . My interior is mainly black and Malibu is offering cool touch interior on some colors on the M240 and am told it will be optional at some point on all models . I was told msrp would be somewhere between 2300-2600 for entire interior. 

My dealer said cool touch is a myth! Hmm....

1 hour ago, 6Door said:

Parvati annoys the crap out of me. I wonder how much they spend on adverts. 

I can stop thinking about john boats every time I see a Parvati. 

What’s so special about an aluminum boat that cuts chop down?