Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

1 minute ago, NHolladay said:

270k and no triple axle trailer that's crazy.  And 7500lbs must have 5k axels under it.

He’s saying the only option with the m240 is a triple axle. 

Im very curious to see the rest of this boat. And see how the LT4 is! :drool:

13 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

He’s saying the only option with the m240 is a triple axle. 

Im very curious to see the rest of this boat. And see how the LT4 is! :drool:

I was just saying if the cost of the boat is $270k, as previously mentioned on the thread it would be crazy to me for a triple axle not to come standard 2 axles seems sketchy with that much weight.  Cant wait to see it either.  Nice boat.

36 minutes ago, NHolladay said:

I was just saying if the cost of the boat is $270k, as previously mentioned on the thread it would be crazy to me for a triple axle not to come standard 2 axles seems sketchy with that much weight.  Cant wait to see it either.  Nice boat.

I am still lost... Triple is standard for the M240. You cannot get a tandem axle trailer for it.

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I am still lost... Triple is standard for the M240. You cannot get a tandem axle trailer for it.

I believe he's referring to the only post we got with an MSRP printout that was 270k without a trailer.

19 minutes ago, PrestigeLakeWide said:

I believe he's referring to the only post we got with an MSRP printout that was 270k without a trailer.

That msrp wasn’t the actual msrp, the price sheet had been modified to show customer price if I remember correctly because it was like 218k.

On any boat from Malibu, the base trailer is always included in the msrp from the dealer portal. If you omit the trailer, you get a credit.

We have to be approaching the limit for what a single screw is going to push.  I understand gear reduction and 18" props but at some point these boats are going to need 2x engines (ala the X80.)  We're close.... right?

5 minutes ago, Fffrank said:

We have to be approaching the limit for what a single screw is going to push.  I understand gear reduction and 18" props but at some point these boats are going to need 2x engines (ala the X80.)  We're close.... right?

Not to derail this thread but think a single prop can get much bigger with a single propulsion still drive a wake\surf boat.  Just need a bigger drive unit.  Look at the picture of a tug boat with a single screw.  Or a Submarine for that matter.  

image.thumb.png.6e193850dc9f473ec72a7b4997a57165.pngimage.png.4b641d42c6141032627922df77514465.png

7 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

I was wrong.  I read it as the only "option"you could choose on the boat was a double or triple axle trailer, as in no motor or stereo options.  You were saying a tandem is not even a thing which is perfectly reasonable.  My bad sorry to create 10 additional notes because I cannot comprehend.  We good.

• Like 3

It was at factory when I took tour,  was tucked away in corner and wouldn’t let me go near it. He wouldn’t confirm what it was but had the m look to it so figured it was something bigger the m235

• Like 2
20 hours ago, ORMailbuboater said:

Not to derail this thread but think a single prop can get much bigger with a single propulsion still drive a wake\surf boat.  Just need a bigger drive unit.  Look at the picture of a tug boat with a single screw.  Or a Submarine for that matter.  

image.thumb.png.6e193850dc9f473ec72a7b4997a57165.pngimage.png.4b641d42c6141032627922df77514465.png

#Diesel

And the RPM range of a diesel is about half that of a spark engine.  Diesel will become the tool of choice when you all decide that you don't want to ski or really plane the hull at all, but only want to plow through the water. 

Just now, justgary said:

And the RPM range of a diesel is about half that of a spark engine.  Diesel will become the tool of choice when you all decide that you don't want to ski or really plane the hull at all, but only want to plow through the water. 

yep, I was going to edit and mention that too. Most coastal inboards with diesels are slower runners.

Speaking of Diesel, does Malibu have any plans for electric motors? That would add some serious weight and cause other logistical issues but just curious. I saw Daimler (the creator of the modern gas engine) is stopping all design work on future gas engines after their most recent release.  They are planning on moving electric. 

6 minutes ago, JeffK said:

Not sure I'd want to deal with DEF on a boat, but my silverado burns like a gas truck with DEF nowadays. 

Are non-commercial marine vessels required to have DEF exhaust solutions? I don't think that's the cases. It's probably a matter or time, if not.

19 minutes ago, boardjnky4 said:

Are non-commercial marine vessels required to have DEF exhaust solutions? I don't think that's the cases. It's probably a matter or time, if not.

I don't believe so either.  I just meant in terms of a clean burn.  My truck doesn't blow any black exhaust.  It was in reference to a comment above about the diesels being too messy for boats.

26 minutes ago, JeffK said:

Not sure I'd want to deal with DEF on a boat, but my silverado burns like a gas truck with DEF nowadays. 

Yeah we also have a duramax, practically nothing out of the tailpipe. Was thinking about refueling. 

Diesel has a lower idle rpm capability so i imagine with a gearing change it can be close to same max speed with same prop. But with diesel you have twice the torque so you can run a speed prop and still have the same holeshot, lowering max rpm as well. Plus they weigh more so more wake. Pavati is putting 6.6L duramaxes in their boats as an option.