Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

looks like maybe a speaker behind the 12" display on the drivers dash?

what is in the front lower corner of the windshield just behind the A pillar? looks like some kind of fish gills...

if that is truly where the cooler goes, I'm curious as to why they did not finish it off like the 25LSV. 

Overall, I really like it. much better than the 'forks' on the previous generation.

Edited by NewMalibu
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Maybe those who know things should just clam up in the future and not drop any hints, etc.

Keep it all pure speculation until the official release. You know, to keep the complainers happy.

Like I have said all you needed to do was go to a dealer , they got to see the boat 4 weeks ago . Should be released this week!! 

I’m excited for the official launch soon. Since we have been comparing to the X26 consider this, the MC is 2 feet longer but has a dry weight 600 lbs. LESS than the M240. There is no replacement for displacement when creating the perfect surf wave. 

• Like 2
14 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

I’m excited for the official launch soon. Since we have been comparing to the X26 consider this, the MC is 2 feet longer but has a dry weight 600 lbs. LESS than the M240. There is no replacement for displacement when creating the perfect surf wave. 

M240 is 7500lbs dry?!? Holy Chit. :shocked:

Are they adding lead at the factory??

• Like 1

@Dfowkes- you sure about that dry weight? Or is that the full optioned wet weight? I’m having a hard time figuring out how they’d make it that heavy, unless maybe they are adding lead/steel at the factory?!?

If it’s the wet weight, that would make sense.  

15 minutes ago, Chappy said:

No kidding, how do they make it that heavy?  My 24MXZ is 5600.

That's in line with the dry weight I've heard. and at a guess do you think they are getting some of it with making a thicker hull?  1000lbs could be added with ~25 cubic feet of resin.  Evenly distributed over the hull that'd thicken it something like 1/4".  Admittedly sloppy math there.  

22 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

@Dfowkes- you sure about that dry weight? Or is that the full optioned wet weight? I’m having a hard time figuring out how they’d make it that heavy, unless maybe they are adding lead/steel at the factory?!?

If it’s the wet weight, that would make sense.  

I was told dry weight was 7500 lbs.  I saw it earlier in another thread and I was skeptical also.  I asked the question when placing my order and was told 7500.  I guess my guy could be wrong? Next week all the rumors should be settled.  I'm guessing the draft is going to be quite a bit to fit that much weight in 24 feet.

Edited by Dfowkes
typo
  • Like 3
12 minutes ago, Dfowkes said:

I was told dry weight was 7500 lbs.  I saw it earlier in another thread and I was skeptical also.  I asked the question when placing my order and was told 7500.  I guess my guy could be wrong? Next week all the rumors should be settled.  I'm guessing the draft is going to be quite a bit to fit that much weight in 24 feet.

7400 lbs is correct 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

7400 lbs is correct 

Wonder what the point of it is? I might be in the minority..... but I wouldn’t want to carry around almost 2000lbs of extra weight all the time for no good reason. Would have been better in my opinion for them to stick to around the typical 5600-6000lb dry weight of a 24’er, and incorporate 1500-2000lbs more ballast. They’d probably have to do it Centurion style, and lose some storage, but the boat would be much nicer to drive when empty, and much easier on tow rig, etc., plus with that weight packaged in 24 feet, the draft is likely to be 36-38”.

who knows, I am only guessing at this point. It is an interesting aspect to the design of this 240. Would be interesting to know how they added 35% more weight than what it needs.

either way, she is definitely going to displace some water!

If it has the stereo components rumored, and stern drive and bow thrusters, and A lot , or bigger pumps for the added ballast tanks and fast fill. Then maybe a lot of the added weight is more batteries. Hope it has a monster alternator or duels. 

20 hours ago, Chappy said:

Friend of mine just ordered an M240, here is the pic from the boat builder. No additional details that hasn't already been hinted at on here 18" prop, integrated surf gate, new SC Malibu engine, new ballast design/system and new stereo.   He said the dealer doesn't even know that much about it. Can't wait to get behind it in the spring!

M240.jpg

Did he get the big stereo?

1 hour ago, TenTwentyOne said:

Wonder what the point of it is? I might be in the minority..... but I wouldn’t want to carry around almost 2000lbs of extra weight all the time for no good reason. Would have been better in my opinion for them to stick to around the typical 5600-6000lb dry weight of a 24’er, and incorporate 1500-2000lbs more ballast. They’d probably have to do it Centurion style, and lose some storage, but the boat would be much nicer to drive when empty, and much easier on tow rig, etc., plus with that weight packaged in 24 feet, the draft is likely to be 36-38”.

who knows, I am only guessing at this point. It is an interesting aspect to the design of this 240. Would be interesting to know how they added 35% more weight than what it needs.

Loaded up for the lake on a trailer is this thing going to top 10k?

18 minutes ago, gregtay said:

Loaded up for the lake on a trailer is this thing going to top 10k?

For that weight, it will need twin 6k trailer axles (or triple 5200lb) and 6” frame rails on the trailer..... which means it will have a 2500-2700lb trailer. 

It will be over 10k dry. So more like 11-11.5k with fuel and gear.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 2
8 hours ago, 23LSVOwner said:

Did he get the big stereo?

I believe so but not positive, my impression was there are not that many options, most everything is included.

Edited by Chappy
On 9/24/2019 at 2:23 PM, TenTwentyOne said:

Looking at my factory ballast install I am going to guess the extra 35% in weight comes from the improved ballast system in the form of extra worm gear hose clamps, unnecessary fittings and tubing. 

RgZUn6o.jpg