Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

4 hours ago, IXFE said:

No Malibu Koolaid here. Just facts. I have no opinions on the M240. Haven’t seen it in person. I’m not a fan of the cooler. And I’m not sure why it costs so much.  Why don’t you go over to the stereo forum and see just how much koolaid I'm drinking over there.  

I didn’t say “longest” I said “largest” which could absolutely be defined as heaviest. You don’t think I know there are longer boats?  Longer doesn’t mean bigger. Neither does more ballast.  

Pop quiz...

Gisele Bundchen: would you’d say she’s tall or big??

This is silly CJAY, you nitpicking my words. Let’s  go back to talking to about plankton. 

you are beyond reaching w the gisele analogy.  sorry bub.

I cannot wait to repost this thread when the 240 and future iterations go to a sliding surf gate that deploys back to original position.  Im betting on 2022.  What will the fanbois say then?  

5 hours ago, BlindSquirrel said:

I did have to google who that is, but she’s hotter than donut grease.

Have you been under a rock for the last 10 years? :rofl:

• Sad 1
9 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

If guys want to complain about something.  Let's talk about the pull out cooler.  It's killing me.  I'm really hoping in person it doesn't look so hokey.  And I have an M240 on order that builds late November.  

I Bet the R&D departments at Mastercraft and Nautique were crying with laughter when they saw the cooler .

ahopkins22LSV
5 hours ago, PNWoke said:

I cannot wait to repost this thread when the 240 and future iterations go to a sliding surf gate that deploys back to original position.  Im betting on 2022.  What will the fanbois say then?  

So what data do you have that it limits the wave? All of the guys in this thread that have supported it have actual experience with the boat. How does that make them a fan boy for actually going and testing this boat? It sure doesn’t make them a fan boy to travel to the factory, test the boat, discuss the changes with their regional sales rep, dealer and even the engineers then come on here and support it, they did their homework! To the best of my knowledge none of us are boat designers or test engineers so at some point you have to take someone’s word that actually does that job right? In the walk through video they said they had been working on this design for multiple years, and I believe them. Why? Because I went on a factory tour in 2017, I saw a boat that I had never seen before, haven’t seen yet, and maybe will never see. I was quickly walked away from and no one would discuss. So they don’t just whip these things up and then release them. So now that Malibu is having these engineers discuss specific changes on these videos, which I personally think is awesome and don’t know if another company doing it, I think it’s fair for people to trust that this change was for the better based on the research our own members have done and the fact that Malibu has been designing and testing this for years.

Also a lot of these same guys have been critical of Malibu on items in the past so they are not just here to make the coolaid and serve it.

1 hour ago, IXFE said:

My point was... tall (or long) doesn’t equal “big.” Walk up to any tall skinny chick and say, “Damn your big” and you’ll see what I mean. 

But I can try an analogy that doesn’t reference a super model if that’s better for you...

Would it be fair to say that 

Dan Skipper is 6’10” 325lbs (New England Patriots) and the tallest player in the NFL

Trent Brown is 6’8” 380lbs (Oakland Raiders) and the heaviest player in the NFL

If I casually said Trent Brown is the “biggest” player in the NFL would I be wrong? 

So I’m gonna stand by the facts... at 7500 lbs the M240 is the biggest wakeboat ever built. Sorry if that offends the dozens of Pavati owners around the globe.

Think of this. Set a beach ball and a bowling ball side by side. By definition and everyone will say the beach ball is bigger. Bowling ball heavier.  Or take say 18” steel truck rim and a 20”aluminum  rim and set side by side. The 20” is bigger. But by your analogy the heavier 18” would be bigger.  Make sense? 

But if you said the M240 was the heaviest wake boat built you would be spot on. 

Edited by spikew919
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, spikew919 said:

Think of this. Set a beach ball and a bowling ball side by side. By definition and everyone will say the beach ball is bigger. Bowling ball heavier.  Or take say 18” steel truck rim and a 20”aluminum  rim and set side by side. The 20” is bigger. But by your analogy the heavier 18” would be bigger.  Make sense? 

But if you said the M240 was the heaviest wake boat built you would be spot on. 

By this logic, you would say Kate Upton is bigger than Roseanne Barr. 

Brining it back to boats, you would also say a 60’ 8-man racing skull is a bigger boat than the M240. 

Brilliant...

58D22704-0938-49B4-8182-5022E7C9498A.jpeg

26 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Brining it back to boats, you would also say a 60’ 8-man racing skull is a bigger boat than the M240. 

Brilliant...

What about getting the boat ready for the water? Who goes in dry??  If you fill up the gas and the other fluids, the X26 comes in as the biggest/heaviest/largest/grandest/badasstest, no?

Not really jumping in to make a serious point....... was laughing at you guys going back and forth, and decided to throw a monkey wrench in it.

Edited by TenTwentyOne
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don't have a dog in the fight here, but...

Normally if you describe something as larger or bigger you're most likely referring to its dimensions and not weight.  Technically it could be weight by definition, but most will assume you are referring to physical dimensions.  (LxWxH)  That being said I'm enjoying the bickering.

• Like 2
53 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

What about getting the boat ready for the water? Who goes in dry??  If you fill up the gas and the other fluids, the X26 comes in as the biggest/heaviest/largest/grandest/badasstest, no?

Not really jumping in to make a serious point....... was laughing at you guys going back and forth, and decided to throw a monkey wrench in it.

I thought about the X26 but was too lazy to do the math fully loaded. 

Can you do it for us?

2 minutes ago, IXFE said:

I thought about the X26 but was too lazy to do the math fully loaded. 

Can you do it for us?

M240 would be about 8016 with full fuel.

X26 would be about 8052 with full fuel...... and the freshwater tank full..... so maybe cheating a little :innocent:

That said, the standard dry weight on the X26 is listed before options, whereas the M240 is listed (And comes with as standard) a lot more hardware. I was curious and text the area rep. If the X26 is optioned with bow thruster, power tower, extra sub, crapper, fridge, and 4 tower speakers, it’s allegedly a touch over 7400lbs. That stuff adds up!

So, based on that, the higher fuel capacity, and the freshwater tank, it is pushing 8500 when it slides off the trailer full of fuel.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, IXFE said:

Brilliant...

58D22704-0938-49B4-8182-5022E7C9498A.jpeg

So a shot glass full with 1 ounce of water is bigger than 32ounce styrofoam cup empty. 😂😂😂

And a 30’ center console weighing in at 7164 lbs is not bigger than a 24’ m240 said no one ever. 

Brilliant 

Edited by spikew919

Nerd hat on.

Red giant stars are BIGGER than black holes

Black holes are way more massive

What was this thread about again?  Can tell many of you have hit the off-season early this year...

• Like 3