Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

14 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

If you look at the m236 platform it steps up so surf gate was able to be taller . All I’m saying is the gates do not fully bury under the water in this application 

I think this is a key point to the whole integrated surf gates.

Go9id9m.png

• Like 3
39 minutes ago, Michigan boarder said:

:lol: Dude, it's not that bad!

Yeah, I probably made that part up.  But I get this mental picture every time I read a post about bags in the rear, bags in the middle, bags in the bow, bags everywhere, and they have 17 people on board. 

One move on this boat I do find curious, why go 6 ballast tanks?  Not sure how many people here live in states that require ballast decon, but 6 would be a huge PITA.  Just about every state around us requires it, and the trend is less to do more.  The G has similar under floor ballast and they use only 3.  I honestly see the trend going towards figuring how to do more with less ballast, sooner or later lakes are going to ban ballast systems all together.

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

Actually I do!  It would be hard to ban a 24' boat, that adds no ballast, and not ban a 28' cabin cruiser (that also pulls the occasional tube, etc.).  Banning the sport - not sure on that, has the sport itself ever been banned or do they just ban the wake?

Google "wakesurfing ban" and you will see many topics. Especially private lakes where an HOA gets to make the decision.

1 hour ago, Michigan boarder said:

Actually I do!  It would be hard to ban a 24' boat, that adds no ballast, and not ban a 28' cabin cruiser (that also pulls the occasional tube, etc.).  Banning the sport - not sure on that, has the sport itself ever been banned or do they just ban the wake?

WE have multiple lakes that ban boats over 22' long here.  We also have lakes banning boats all together due to the risk ballast has for transmitting invasive species.  My home lake got shut down completely last summer to boats.  Some private lakes ban wakes due to erosion.  

3 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

van, you just got told by someone with first hand contact with the engineers and yet you remain adamant that you know more than them about which gate design is most effective on a boat you've never even seen before.  

Side note- It would be nice for Robbie to post how he got to have a one-on-one with one of the Malibu engineers who design surf gate systems. It would be useful info to forward along to my friend. He has been trying (As well as the dealer) to have a discussion with one of those guys about some details on his boat.  He has been having a difficult time getting beyond the customer service/ warranty guys that don’t have much technical knowledge.

25 minutes ago, CJAY said:

WE have multiple lakes that ban boats over 22' long here.  We also have lakes banning boats all together due to the risk ballast has for transmitting invasive species.  My home lake got shut down completely last summer to boats.  Some private lakes ban wakes due to erosion.  

I never thought about ballast and invasive species. It makes ALOT of sense though. 

We are buying our four lakes but have no intention in making them private lakes. But I am on the lake association board and get many complaints. Just got more relating to wakes from wake boats. I always bring up that boats running the wrong speed can and do make wakes in the same class. I am wondering if down the road we will be able to apply lake laws not the same as State water laws. I have not brought it up yet as I don't want to open a can of worms!  I think wake boats hold a massive say in the future if they have not done more damage then can be reversed! In our lake we have more narrow waterways that one should stay clear of if one would like to keep the issues down. One bad boater can an do more damage then 100 boats not causing issues. 

3 hours ago, 85 Barefoot said:

van, you just got told by someone with first hand contact with the engineers and yet you remain adamant that you know more than them about which gate design is most effective on a boat you've never even seen before.  No offense, but I don't think you have a clue about Malibu's R&D process and the number of people whose full time jobs it is to design these things.  They're not center consoles.  Do you actually think anyone on that team forgot the mission of the boat, in all regards, including wave maximization?  Sorry, but I think you're being awfully arrogant.  Do you know how many design iterations were experimented with on this boat?  This wasn't some CAD design that they just "went with".  There is an unbelievable amount of tweaking, experimentation, and manpower that went into this, and have no doubt that the design team's conclusion that this is a more effective design for THIS BOAT is correct.

I do believe they put in effort to maximize the wave with surgates in that position on the hull. I am only saying that the position of the gates in the hull was likely decided upon based on asthetics not wave.

47 minutes ago, vanamp said:

I do believe they put in effort to maximize the wave with surgates in that position on the hull. I am only saying that the position of the gates in the hull was likely decided upon based on asthetics not wave.

this makes no sense, if they are more expensive and less effective you think they did all this for the "COOL" factor ? come on we all should give a brand with some of the most cutting edge stuff in the industry more credit than that. I believe you are trying to prove a point you have no proof on . just my opinion ..... 

• Like 3
9 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

i have been a malibu customer since 2001 and have gone to the factory to see each of my 9 boats get built. i have givin much feedback on some of the 3 model year change boats i have gotten. this has gotten me to know the likes of jarrod who is on the video and the vice president of the division as well. i was lucky enough to get small details of this boat since last january and got to go on the photo shoot boat a few weeks ago drive and surf it plus check out the boat they have at ibex this week. so i feel that many of the statements being thrown out here are assumption and want to try to set records straight from seeing and discussing first hand with the people getting paid to build these things. A few people have reached out to me on messages and i have givin my number out and talked to some on the phone already. feel free to hit me up with questions and if i dont have the answer i can always ask . 

Thank you. I had another member reach out with some useful info as well. I will pass along to my friend when I see him tonight.

On 10/1/2019 at 10:35 PM, Sparky450 said:

Really it would just be cooling down as the day ended.

I’m not saying this one but Mastercraft installed nice drawer fridge in X26 so is possible.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, vanamp said:

Clearly doubling and tripling down at this point. Maybe Malibu is hiring engineers, you should apply!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
1 hour ago, Raleigh said:

I never thought about ballast and invasive species. It makes ALOT of sense though. 

I've often wondered why some enterprising person or group hasn't devoloped an onboard injection system to de-containimate ballast tanks, holding tanks, bait tanks etc. that could be installed onboard to make the process easier.

• Like 2
26 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

How are you going to generate the hot water?

Ozone is a possibility but I don't know how effective it would be.  Also would introduce air into the tanks.  It sure does a good job keeping my hot tubs clean and growth free.

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

I've often wondered why some enterprising person or group hasn't devoloped an onboard injection system to de-containimate ballast tanks, holding tanks, bait tanks etc. that could be installed onboard to make the process easier.

Right now the best option is filters that get inspected and certified each year.  The draw backs are they slow filling and draining times, and aren't 100% effective

56 minutes ago, Eagleboy99 said:

How are you going to generate the hot water?

I think a great idea would be using the exhaust water to wash the tanks.  160-170 degree water should be hot enough. 

3 hours ago, Sixball said:

We are buying our four lakes but have no intention in making them private lakes. But I am on the lake association board and get many complaints. Just got more relating to wakes from wake boats. I always bring up that boats running the wrong speed can and do make wakes in the same class. I am wondering if down the road we will be able to apply lake laws not the same as State water laws. I have not brought it up yet as I don't want to open a can of worms!  I think wake boats hold a massive say in the future if they have not done more damage then can be reversed! In our lake we have more narrow waterways that one should stay clear of if one would like to keep the issues down. One bad boater can an do more damage then 100 boats not causing issues. 

In Colorado state law applies to even private lakes, is that the same in Michigan? 

2 minutes ago, Skymedic said:

I think a great idea would be using the exhaust water to wash the tanks.  160-170 degree water should be hot enough. 

That's about how hot they run during decon, but they have to fill to 75% for each tank and they would have to verify it, hence why 6 ballast tanks seems like a poor decision in any boat.  I think the hard part is proving the system is close to 100% effective.