Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

5 hours ago, robbieg247 said:

Assuming your going with a different manufacturer then . Boat is not anything like the 235 if that’s what your coming from . Give a run before ya throw it to the curb . Interior is very plush stitching is on point . Well above the mxz series or lsv interior. Fill time cut in half and no more plug n play needed . Not saying you have to love it but it is a well built vessel . 

Anybody else notice the stitching on the vinyl. The “I will say diamond pattern”. I love it! 

1 minute ago, Sparky450 said:

Anybody else notice the stitching on the vinyl. The “I will say diamond pattern”. I love it! 

Looks very Tigeish to me.

• Like 3
3 hours ago, NWBU said:

Finally had a chance to watch the walkthrough video. I’m with 1021 on just about everything and agree this looks like a great new 24 MXZ. They finally cut the picklefork points off and made a decent looking bow and I’d seriously consider this if it was in the G range for pricing. 

What I really don’t get is why they went with a gel scheme on a release shoot that looks like a dealer’s leftover stock boat. That just screams underwhelming, even as they use all the big marketing words.

I for one love the gel scheme. I will not buy an M240. At over 50 I have no need for it. But it is going back closer to the traditional Malibu gel schemes. I need some time to build one on the builder. I don’t care fir the aggressive/progressive schemes. However if I was in the market, this gel scheme fits the bill 

1 hour ago, greg2222 said:

I wish to have install something like this instead yeti cooler 

28016A1C-920F-4F0C-9252-D1E5EC8651DF.png

Really it would just be cooling down as the day ended.

Edited by Sparky450
  • Like 2
5 minutes ago, bbattiste247 said:

Looks very Tigeish to me.

Don’t see many Tige in my area. Only one that is a regular. Not a bad looking boat but they do surf in water 8’ of water regularly 😂

12 minutes ago, CLTMalibu08 said:

Is it just me or does 3200lbs ballast seem mediocre?? I have that much in my 08 VLX.

That's the point of the newer hull designs ... better wave with less ballast.

• Like 3
22 minutes ago, CLTMalibu08 said:

Is it just me or does 3200lbs ballast seem mediocre?? I have that much in my 08 VLX.

I ran 3.5-4k in my 07 ballast and people but that was at what 3k DRY? 

8 hours ago, hunter77ah said:

I met Oli this summer and got to hang out with him for an afternoon.  He is a really cool guy and is still in a position to discuss the wake- just because he isn't riding in as many contests anymore doesn't mean he has lost the skill (he won the TNT wakefest shootout last year).  I'd like to get his true opinion, not the Malibu cleaned and sanitized opinion.

I'm sure he is a nice guy, but that's besides the point.  Contest riding has been dead for years.  I am just talking about a relevant athlete that gives some credibility to the brand that didn't just start riding again.  Malibu has nobody of any longevity or recognition other than Dallas or Grubb...and the only thing he pushes is wake foil anyway.  You think Parks, Rusty you think Mastercraft.  Nautique = Murray.  I think Malibu needs to sign one of these up and coming riders to show they still care about wake, but perhaps they are conceding that they don't which is disappointing.

Cool boat but I'd pass on it in favor of a 25lsv, or even a used pavati. That promo vid was *cringe* for the most part.  Looks like someone convinced them to spend their promo budget on squirty/gooey graphics.  I was super excited for the surfgates but now that I have seen them, I actually prefer the look of them under the swim platform.  Any advantage gained by making them bigger was likely lost by moving them forward.  It (sort of) makes sense though with the stern turn but theres lots of them installed on pre2020 traditional surf gate boats without trouble.  Sidenote: (doesn't have anything to do with the boat at all) I wasn't impressed with the promo shots they used from their engineering shop/office.  I would have a hard time designing an "alpha" with that shabby office and a dry erase board jussayin.  

2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

Don’t see many Tige in my area. Only one that is a regular. Not a bad looking boat but they do surf in water 8’ of water regularly 😂

I love watching people come in near us, when the bottom comes up, and they lose the wave in the same spot, every time, week after week. How do people not figure that out!

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Sparky450 said:

I love the looks. But then again I am partial to blue. @robbieg247 Is this your boat?

Are you talking about the white and blue on the video ? If so no I’m doing black metal and vapor metal . 

35 minutes ago, robbieg247 said:

Are you talking about the white and blue on the video ? If so no I’m doing black metal and vapor metal . 

👍🏻Thought that one might be yours with the pics. Please show pics when you get it. I love the lines with the colors. It is amazing how different the lines are with different colors. IE Classic, Aggressive, Progressive.  

45 minutes ago, asnowman said:

I love watching people come in near us, when the bottom comes up, and they lose the wave in the same spot, every time, week after week. How do people not figure that out!

I can close a wave so fast if I want to drop a rider😂😂. Our channel averages 18-20 feet. I can go from 18’ to 3’ in 20’ of travel😂😂😂

Boat looks sharp , depends how you design. LT4 engine is insane, I’m sure integrated surf gate works great. A little complain about cooler area but I think they know what they doing. Anyway right now is best looking boat on the market with best engine and wave . Price range same as G25 and X26  or used Pavati ( I suggested all to demo Pavati ) so not understand complaining. 

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

How did we go from all being really intrigued and interested about the new surf gate to automatically assuming there is performance lost by moving it forward??

Can’t agree more with this post. So many assumptions that moving the gates was an aesthetic play rather than performance increase.

I have spoken to several peeps who have surfed the wave and they say it’s the best they have ever been on bar none. The ability to gain distance and width from boat intrigued me. 

The new hull was designed to surf as Malibu knows that’s the market. I get nitpicking pictures. I am guilty of this as well. I will be doing a demo very soon and gladly post my personal pros and cons based on actual use.  

My 235 is for sale it’s been a terrific boat, maybe the 240 is right for me maybe not but I’ll decide based on an on water demo, not assumptions or speculation. 

I was hoping that the surf gates would deploy sliding back and out to about their original positioning, which would allow them the best leverage on the wave being created. Instead there’s an extra foot of sidewall behind the gate which is counter productive from a fluid dynamics standpoint imho.  Not trying to be a negative Nancy, just relaying what I see.  I’m sure it’s a beautifully made boat, I’m being picky on purpose but I really do like the m240.  With the mxz “t***” delete I can now look at the m without laughing at its “perky” bow😏.  Vinyl and int is on point.  Fit and finish is top notch.  I like the ski pylon placement a lot too.  New monsoon eng is really exciting as well.  

1 hour ago, Cipro said:

Can’t agree more with this post. So many assumptions that moving the gates was an aesthetic play rather than performance increase.

I have spoken to several peeps who have surfed the wave and they say it’s the best they have ever been on bar none. The ability to gain distance and width from boat intrigued me. 

The new hull was designed to surf as Malibu knows that’s the market. I get nitpicking pictures. I am guilty of this as well. I will be doing a demo very soon and gladly post my personal pros and cons based on actual use.  

My 235 is for sale it’s been a terrific boat, maybe the 240 is right for me maybe not but I’ll decide based on an on water demo, not assumptions or speculation. 

The platform design suggests the wave is forming closer too the boat and they needed to get it out of the way. 

1 hour ago, PNWoke said:

was hoping that the surf gates would deploy sliding back and out to about their original positioning,

Thanks - I just patented that idea!  (Seriously, it makes sense)

4 hours ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

How did we go from all being really intrigued and interested about the new surf gate to automatically assuming there is performance lost by moving it forward??

100%.  Do we really think all the R&D work would yield a worse wave than the previous generations?  Has that happened before?

1 hour ago, PNWoke said:

...there’s an extra foot of sidewall behind the gate which is counter productive from a fluid dynamics standpoint imho.  

I'm not sure I see it that way.  The whole point to deploying a flap is to force the hull to rotate and skid sideways.  You'd get more rotation from the same size flap by moving it forward, not backward.  Obviously, the sideways skid needs to be controllable and it needs to create an acceptable wave.  

In any event, I can see how a computational fluid dynamics (CFD) model could help one design a somewhat optimized wave machine.  I don't know if Malibu actually uses such a model to help them design, but it seems that a lot of people are impressed with the wave.  I'm supposing that they model before they build, simply because it is far cheaper than building and testing the real thing.

How about an experiment to settle this?  When one of you has the boat and the hankering to know, build a suck gate the same size and shape as the new gate, then stick it a the rear of the hull.  Be sure to come back with comparative photos of your wave.