Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

M24

tn_rider

1 hour ago, justgary said:

And the RPM range of a diesel is about half that of a spark engine.  Diesel will become the tool of choice when you all decide that you don't want to ski or really plane the hull at all, but only want to plow through the water. 

That’s why god invented different gear ratios.....

they’d have a 1.2/1 gear ratio, 18x18 prop, and we’d be surfing at 1600rpms, and cruising at 40mph at 3000rpms.... rough guess, but it would be something like that.

Prop size is getting crazy.  Had never heard of any surf boat with anything bigger than 17". M240 has 18"Just crawled under an X24 MC, ...at LOTO presently, ...20" prop. Didnt think to look at propshaft.

TFHNvG8.jpg

16 minutes ago, Jdubb16 said:

Is that a rudder in front of the prop for rear steering.  Is that common now as well if a boat does not come with thrusters?

That's been a MC thing for a few years.  Allows the boat to steer in reverse.

Just now, Fffrank said:

That's been a MC thing for a few years.  Allows the boat to steer in reverse.

Have you actually been on one with "dockstar" and used it? Doesn't work worth a crap.

35 minutes ago, Suggy said:

Have you actually been on one with "dockstar" and used it? Doesn't work worth a crap.

I was on an Xstar with it and it was bomb.  Not only backing up but turning around to pick up a downed rider.  

• Like 1
1 hour ago, carguy79ta said:

Prop size is getting crazy.  Had never heard of any surf boat with anything bigger than 17". M240 has 18"Just crawled under an X24 MC, ...at LOTO presently, ...20" prop. Didnt think to look at propshaft.

TFHNvG8.jpg

20”? Did the dealer change it?

Stock prop should be either a 18x17.5, or a 17.5x16.5, depending on the engine.

prop shaft is 1 1/8” splined.

25 minutes ago, 05hammerhead said:

I was on an Xstar with it and it was bomb.  Not only backing up but turning around to pick up a downed rider.  

Kinda like an extra tracking fin too I would guess? (I have never experienced it)

12 minutes ago, TenTwentyOne said:

20”? Did the dealer change it?

Stock prop should be either a 18x17.5, or a 17.5x16.5, depending on the engine.

prop shaft is 1 1/8” splined.

I thought all the big props were on the 1.25" shafts? 

Just now, The Hulk said:

I thought all the big props were on the 1.25" shafts? 

MC uses roll forged shafts and splined hubs. Same shafts as they have been using for eons.  All models have 1 1/8” shaft, even models with 17” and 18” props.

2 hours ago, Dfowkes said:

My 2019 is available, and my order is in for a November build of the new M240. 

Your boat is sick! Those sunset wave shots are extra nice as well. I’ll PM you.