Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

Yeesh.  I went out two weeks ago and was fussing that the water was in the low 70s.  Air was almost 80.  We had the heater on....

My personal policy: I don't mind being cold and I don't mind being wet, but I don't like being cold *and* wet. 

• 3 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

this is how it goes on every houseboat trip... me drinking coffee while the kids sleep...

IMG_5648.thumb.jpeg.fbd1987ce41f6499585ddd026c728621.jpeg

You need to be on that water!!

51 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

84/81 here today and not even a duck fart worth of breeze.

Tropical storms and rain for several days here.  We played lunchtime soccer in a driving rain and lightning cracking all around.  Luckily the game was well under way when it started since most of the guys are complete weather wimps and won't come out if it isn't perfect.

9 minutes ago, DonT said:

@Stevo -  nice pic of Powell....how are you holding the Bow off yet able to retrieve?

Large box anchor with anchor buddy bungee rope. Here’s a pic from another angle 

E43F9FF9-7C8B-469E-AD3F-4B11FF60C099.jpeg

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

Gorgeous pics.  

haha if you really zoom in you can see the top of my son's sleeping bag... he decided that the most comfortable place to sleep overnight was on the boat!

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, shawndoggy said:

haha if you really zoom in you can see the top of my son's sleeping bag... he decided that the most comfortable place to sleep overnight was on the boat!

😎That is where I sleep when I am out with other people, and not on my own houseboat. And if it is a bit chilly or damp with dew. The cover works great to keep me warm and dry. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Saturday afternoon at about noon... We rode across the lake to our favorite spot and we weren't disappointed... Especially after have the wind blowing on the weekends for like the last month... These pictures are forward and rear view as we pulled up.... We even had it mostly to ourselves all day. 

20210626_120258.jpg

20210626_120315.jpg

• Like 3

North Sterling reservoir. Not quite glass but liked the storm in the background. Got caught in the rain that came behind the one in the pics. It was worth it. 

B84FAD59-7C59-4CA2-AA2D-96FA0F134695.jpeg

11B36300-D9C3-4BBE-8251-B80097022432.jpeg

196E1441-A828-49A5-BD57-91E47996D480.jpeg

Edited by SandS
  • Like 1