Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

I pulled the boys for three hours in one direction up river one morning (we covered about 30 miles or so) and had pretty much this to look at the whole way.    

IMG_4701.jpeg

• Like 3
1 hour ago, jjackkrash said:

I pulled the boys for three hours in one direction up river one morning (we covered about 30 miles or so) and had pretty much this to look at the whole way.    

IMG_4701.jpeg

Columbia or snake?

Columbia.  We camp at Lincoln Rock state park (just above the damn above Wenatchee).  We had glass every morning on at least some stretch of the river till noonish and didn't even need to get up at sunrise.  And not too many boats and yahoos to contend with until late-morning/afternoon.  This year my boy and three of his cousins were all on slalom skis so I had a full crew of skiers and not one request to go tubing!  

Edited by jjackkrash
  • Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, P7M89MM said:

Had the boat out of the water for a bit.  Dropped it back in this morning and had to take a pic.

50200061002_48925a98cf_c.jpg

Definition of picture perfect.  That picture belongs in a high end art gallery.  Your boat looks awesome!

• Like 3
  • 2 weeks later...
On 8/22/2020 at 8:32 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

Sweet.  I used to work in that area and saw that more than a few times. No ski or boat though.

For whatever reason, the weekdays are like this, the weekends... not so much! lol

10 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Nothing a band-aid and some duct tape won't fix!  Don't switch to surfing on account of that...  :)

Ok the callus ripping was an excuse, our kids were impatiently waiting on the dock to go 🏄‍♂️ 

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

I know someone in WI who would buy it if you're ever thinking of selling. Same for you @Slayer

Sorry UW, i don't see her letting that one go, but if it ever came to that, i would post here first.

and just cause yesterday was all glass all day... Almost felt bad surfing for 4 hours on this water, only a few other boats to been seen all day long.20200908_140147.thumb.jpg.470240e569429e2b59325e7832980a08.jpg

On 7/19/2020 at 10:24 PM, jjackkrash said:

Columbia.  We camp at Lincoln Rock state park (just above the damn above Wenatchee).  We had glass every morning on at least some stretch of the river till noonish and didn't even need to get up at sunrise.  And not too many boats and yahoos to contend with until late-morning/afternoon.  This year my boy and three of his cousins were all on slalom skis so I had a full crew of skiers and not one request to go tubing!  

We camp at Lincoln Rock state part every Labor Day weekend... we have been doing it for the last 12 years with the same group of families... it is a magical place!  This photo was taken at 1pm on Sunday this past weekend just off Turtle Rock  (that's the cliff everyone jumps off on the left.)  The water is this flat all day long. The only issue can be wind, but usually you can find a place to hide from it.

LR.thumb.JPG.8ddc50860a36bc8f66c98aa41724a77d.JPG

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, gregtay said:

We camp at Lincoln Rock state part every Labor Day weekend... we have been doing it for the last 12 years with the same group of families... it is a magical place!  This photo was taken at 1pm on Sunday this past weekend just off Turtle Rock  (that's the cliff everyone jumps off on the left.)  The water is this flat all day long. The only issue can be wind, but usually you can find a place to hide from it.

LR.thumb.JPG.8ddc50860a36bc8f66c98aa41724a77d.JPG

Here's another one from a few years ago.. again on Labor Day weekend.

1028406193_LincolnRockCamping025.thumb.jpg.a2fbb85fe515c18cc512a9395d2d3cb9.jpg

3 hours ago, UWSkier said:

I know someone in WI who would buy it if you're ever thinking of selling. Same for you @Slayer

I actually suggested selling it last year so we could get into the wake boat we really wanted as opposed to keeping our 22 VLX another season.  My better half, who is a former competitive show skier, said "there's no way we're selling that boat.  I love it, you love it, and we both still ski.  I know you ski more than I, but you would not be happy if we didn't have it."  I'm so glad she talked me out of it!  While it doesn't see the hours annually as our wakeboat, it certainly serves its purpose and does so very well.  It's an awesome ski tug.  

2 hours ago, Slayer said:

I actually suggested selling it last year so we could get into the wake boat we really wanted as opposed to keeping our 22 VLX another season.  My better half, who is a former competitive show skier, said "there's no way we're selling that boat.  I love it, you love it, and we both still ski.  I know you ski more than I, but you would not be happy if we didn't have it."  I'm so glad she talked me out of it!  While it doesn't see the hours annually as our wakeboat, it certainly serves its purpose and does so very well.  It's an awesome ski tug.  

That's about how our usage went this year too, and almost the same situation in our house (except that neither of us were competitive waterskiers).  In fairness, though, we do go all over the lake for surf water, sometimes spending an hour getting there and back.  We ski right in front of the house, at idle it takes 2 minutes to get to our set-up point so almost all the hours on the LXi are from actually skiing.

LXi = 25

25 LSV = 100

house is on the right on this picture.... cause we need more pictures right now

1775243821_46539(002).thumb.jpeg.be99ed5320159cfb73da85d3c060a6e0.jpeg