Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

12 minutes ago, BearCreekBum said:

The cleanest lake in the area. We used to spend lots of time at Piney Grove 20 years ago. 

Love that lake. 

Yeah, we love it out there. We haven't really tried any other lakes in the area, but haven't really had the urge to either (just got the boat late summer, but have been out there with friends over the last year). With the lake being part of a river, the water is always clean and cool. 

1 hour ago, martinarcher said:

Put the sun to bed again this week.  Water temp is now below 60....we'll see how long I can keep finding peeps to go as it keeps getting colder.  I finally put a shorty suit on.  :lol:  

IMG_20211020_201940.jpg

Nice shot!  I go with the neo top down to about 65F, at which point, I go with the full length Camaro, which I've had down to 37F before.  That was cold.

11 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

Nice shot!  I go with the neo top down to about 65F, at which point, I go with the full length Camaro, which I've had down to 37F before.  That was cold.

The full length suit is coming for sure.  I wore it in Dec a few years ago when testing some changes to my surf controller before winter layup.  Water temp was very similar....mid to upper 30's and it was snowing.  You know its cold when the spray off your ski gives you a brain freeze headache.  :lol:  

Two guys in full winter gear at the launch were cleaning up their fishing boat and saw me pull out and start to wipe down the boat.  They asked me what I was catching and when I replied "I was skiing" they looked like they saw a ghost.  :lol: 

33 minutes ago, martinarcher said:

The full length suit is coming for sure.  I wore it in Dec a few years ago when testing some changes to my surf controller before winter layup.  Water temp was very similar....mid to upper 30's and it was snowing.  You know its cold when the spray off your ski gives you a brain freeze headache.  :lol:  

Two guys in full winter gear at the launch were cleaning up their fishing boat and saw me pull out and start to wipe down the boat.  They asked me what I was catching and when I replied "I was skiing" they looked like they saw a ghost.  :lol: 

surprisingly, I get that here in Arizona in January too.  Fishermen saying we're nuts to be skiing when the water is 55f and the air is 65f with sunshine.  :)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
20 minutes ago, UWSkier said:

surprisingly, I get that here in Arizona in January too.  Fishermen saying we're nuts to be skiing when the water is 55f and the air is 65f with sunshine.  :)

Love it - that's half of June in PA.  :lol: 

Ski / barefoot weather in September / October in MI was epic, only missed a couple of days.  Boat used way more gas than the cars ... :whistle:   life (on the water) is good.

Several awesome shots in this thread.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
11 hours ago, Doug69 said:

Hi Bu Crew,

Thought I would share a "typical day" from Brisbane, Queensland, Australia. Middle of summer, 90 deg and miles of glass. Spent the day footing.

Brisbane Glass.JPG

“Typical day”, jealous!

Anything to help you guys get through winter!

I'm lucky that I get at least 3 hours of glass every morning.

Yes, the river is tidal, so it can get a little 'dirty' and its common for bull sharks:shocked:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1