Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Glassy glass (#2)

Sparky450

50 minutes ago, jjackkrash said:

So cool!   Of course we need a review at some point.  

Need a few more reps but so far I like it and see a lot of ways I'd like to modify it. 

3 hours ago, braindamage said:

From today. First pic is going out at sunrise, the second is coming back after a great October set. Other than the fishers wakes, it was glassy the whole time!

AD23041A-5717-41B2-87F5-016F2B1B47F4.jpeg

AA3C0446-BB5D-4739-87C9-CD2A81B6F083.jpeg

That is awesome!!

1 hour ago, ahopkinsVTX said:

Platte lake. 

Nice! That’s about 5 miles from my cottage. I skied there for the first time this past summer.

Edited by braindamage
ahopkins22LSV
3 hours ago, braindamage said:

Nice! That’s about 5 miles from my cottage. I skied there for the first time this past summer.

Yeah they stay on crystal all the time too. But it is much cheaper to stay just north haha. One of these days I’m going to get out on Crystal. One of the few lakes I’ve never been on up north. Crime, I know. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, UWSkier said:

I've asked for the higher res version of this.  That's not our 197 on the lift but I'd make this into a print if I had the .RAW!  From "back home."

DSC00685B.JPG

That is gorgeous!!!

On 10/12/2021 at 10:24 AM, ahopkinsVTX said:

Yeah they stay on crystal all the time too. But it is much cheaper to stay just north haha. One of these days I’m going to get out on Crystal. One of the few lakes I’ve never been on up north. Crime, I know. 

Crystal is awesome.  It can get super choppy regularly due to the winds, but it's awesome.  There's a really nice bay on the west side of the lake that's relatively protected.  It's a good spot to anchor and relax.  Super clear water and you can see the bottom easily at 30' deep.  

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Slayer said:

Crystal is awesome.  It can get super choppy regularly due to the winds, but it's awesome.  There's a really nice bay on the west side of the lake that's relatively protected.  It's a good spot to anchor and relax.  Super clear water and you can see the bottom easily at 30' deep.  

The great thing about Crystal is that because it has a bluff around most of the lake, is long and has relatively straight shorelines, you can almost always find calm water.

downside is that you may have to travel through a few miles of chop to get there…and the waves can get big for an inland lake. It’s original name was “cap lake” because of how common whitecaps are.

Pulled her off the water today. Took her for a little spin first to get the fuel stabilizer into the engine. It was a gorgeous day. 

IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg

Edited by dspilot
3 minutes ago, dspilot said:

Pulled her off the water today. Took her for a little spin first to get the fuel stabilizer into the engine. It was a gorgeous day. 

IMG_5097.jpeg

IMG_5100.jpeg

Gorgeous pics. Where is that? Assume north MS. 

6 minutes ago, dspilot said:

Bay Springs Lake (part of the Tenn-Tom waterway). 

The cleanest lake in the area. We used to spend lots of time at Piney Grove 20 years ago. 

Love that lake.