Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 23 MXZ

Five Cent Worth

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

@gregtay and @eubanks... should I pencil you guys in as taking the UNDER?  

Eubanks is local to me so maybe he’s willing to bet lunch!  

Ha!  Any idea the price differences for the 2020 23LSV, 23MXZ, and 24MXZ?  It would make sense that this boat would do well given the popularity of this length, but no way it comes close to the 23LSV in sales IMO.  But I also can’t speak to the wake differences in the two different model 23’s. 

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

Ha!  Any idea the price differences for the 2020 23LSV, 23MXZ, and 24MXZ?  It would make sense that this boat would do well given the popularity of this length, but no way it comes close to the 23LSV in sales IMO.  But I also can’t speak to the wake differences in the two different model 23’s. 

Starting price without added options:

2020 23 mxz 132,424.00

2020 23 LSV 118,000

2020 25 LSV 140,320

23 LSV will still be the big seller.  IMHO

13 hours ago, IXFE said:

@gregtay and @eubanks... should I pencil you guys in as taking the UNDER?  

Eubanks is local to me so maybe he’s willing to bet lunch!  

I am going to go with the over... and I will be relocating to Dallas on August 10th, so count me in for lunch on @eubanks as well! :rofl:

9 hours ago, eubanks said:

The over/under bet has nothing to do with the 23 LSV, but I agree with you... 23 LSV will remain the king of the industry.  

Here's an interesting one... will the 23 MXZ outsell the G23...????? :dontknow:

5 hours ago, IXFE said:

The over/under bet has nothing to do with the 23 LSV, but I agree with you... 23 LSV will remain the king of the industry.  

Here's an interesting one... will the 23 MXZ outsell the G23...????? :dontknow:

Daggumit...why do I always take your bait?

Depends how you measure it.  Absolute number of units?  Maybe.....

As a percent of the brand's market share?  Absolutely

Edited by bamaboy
2 hours ago, BadgerBoater55 said:

I am going to go with the over... and I will be relocating to Dallas on August 10th, so count me in for lunch on @eubanks as well! :rofl:

Hey, I'm in the over camp as well.  But I want to know who is buying the same length boat as the alternative and pay an extra $15k just to get one extra person in the bow...and an ugly front end at the same time. :innocent:  I don't get it but agree with you guys that it should be a good seller.

18 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Hey, I'm in the over camp as well.  But I want to know who is buying the same length boat as the alternative and pay an extra $15k just to get one extra person in the bow...and an ugly front end at the same time. :innocent:  I don't get it but agree with you guys that it should be a good seller.

The LSV's are for the "get off my lawn" old fogeys and the MXZ's are for the young and hip crowd!:biggrin:

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
17 minutes ago, Chappy said:

The LSV's are for the "get off my lawn" old fogeys and the MXZ's are for the young and hip crowd!:biggrin:

I'm 44 with an MXZ, I guess that makes me old and hip!

• Like 1

Ha, you guys are funny.  I love the extra bow space, but I don't know why Malibu cannot do what Nautique and Supra have done and take out the "pointy" hull pieces.

47 minutes ago, eubanks said:

Wake shape...  its funny how often this gets overlooked!  MXZ>LSV wake shape all day.

• Like 2
22 minutes ago, hunter77ah said:

Wake shape...  its funny how often this gets overlooked!  MXZ>LSV wake shape all day.

Says a wakeboarder amongst a bunch of surfers... :clap:

On 7/31/2019 at 6:53 PM, Hemmy said:

Just brake down and get this already. It even has a diving board.

ACE7D91B-777E-4CAE-B4F1-2BCAD5F88BC7.thumb.jpeg.3bc2e314d5f17e230bf74656bc031cee.jpeg

B8D08CCE-083F-4494-95C2-EFF0C5DC8916.thumb.jpeg.1b53b15a634e00dd922582e4ddb21b11.jpeg

i drove few hrs to the INDY boat show to see this thing in person i was so interested, i'm waiting on the Canopy which i hear is under development.... also the first model/s are only rated for 150hp max...blaa... rig it up for that new 450 and now were talkin! 

you would NOT believe hos roomy this thing is when spread out to 14ft wide! its crazy. in fact thats one of the issues i have with the luxury series of each of the pontoon brands. the higher end you go the LESS room there is because the seats start getting so wide your left with tiny bit of room: Example bennington R-series hardly any floor room compared, same thing with harris and others, their econo lin series have way more floor space but dont quite have the bells i'm looking for. 

this barletta 8-14ft wide is awesome though, pull out of the lift expand up for the sandbar!