Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 23 MXZ

Five Cent Worth

@LucasC I also ordered both cowlings. It should help it clear the surf gate/wedge. Please send pictures when you can. I just got shipment confirmation.  And I already have plenty of battery😁

Edited by Sparky450
On 7/23/2019 at 6:27 AM, TC_2006_VLX said:

Can someone explain the need to have a 22, 23, and 24 ft MXZ?

The room in the 24 was what sold me. Be interesting to compare to the new 23mxz. 

On 7/23/2019 at 7:41 AM, boardjnky4 said:

The 24 MXZ is actually 24' 6". 22 MXZ is actually 21' 11", so it's a pretty decent jump to go from 22 -> 24.

I checked out both at the boat show. There was a huge difference in interior space for sure.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, LucasC said:

I saw this. The way the guy is sitting in the bow,  at an angle. Plus, you're probably gonna knock your drink over! Not a real fan of the bow speaker placement, although it's supposed to project better sound.

1 hour ago, bamaboy said:

Many have tried. All have failed 

The G is still the best wakeboard wake out there. I can’t get into the surf wave. My wife won’t even ride behind our friends’.

4 hours ago, dreamlifeoc1 said:

I saw this. The way the guy is sitting in the bow,  at an angle. Plus, you're probably gonna knock your drink over! Not a real fan of the bow speaker placement, although it's supposed to project better sound.

My first thought was, how long would take for one of my kids to put a foot through the speaker?  It may sound better but that placement isn't ideal as that is where anyone that rides in the bow wants to put their feet.  My bet is that is a one and done deal and they will be moved back to the side next year.

10 hours ago, boardjnky4 said:

The G is still the best wakeboard wake out there. I can’t get into the surf wave. My wife won’t even ride behind our friends’.

Very unforgiving wave.  Super steep with a board swallowing pit at the bottom.  Not everyone's cup of tea for sure.  I love it

Edited by bamaboy
40 minutes ago, bamaboy said:

Very unforgiving wave.  Super steep with a board swallowing pit at the bottom.  Not everyone's cup of tea for sure.  I love it

Yep, for sure. But I seriously think this 23 MXZ will sit right alongside the G23 and sell like hotcakes. It's the sweet spot, and being at a lower price point than the stupid M235/M240 is going to help with sales. I think we'll see a lot of people cross-shopping the G23 and the 23MXZ. Very smart move by Maibu

Edited by boardjnky4
  • Like 3
8 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Over / Under (2020 MXZ Sales)...

23 MXZ = 22 MXZ + 24 MXZ

I’m taking the over  

I agree.  I think it will be a great seller.  But it ain't no G killer.  

On 7/23/2019 at 6:27 AM, TC_2006_VLX said:

Can someone explain the need to have a 22, 23, and 24 ft MXZ?

The room in the 24 was what sold me. Be interesting to compare to the new 23mxz. 

is there that big of a demand for this?

i get the 22/24 MX adding a 23? i guess you can pick up +1 person compared to the 23lsv. 

seems like we'll have all style boats in every length except the much needed 27lsv!

Centurion pushing near 26ft, Pavati near 27ft,

lets go malibu 10ft wide 27lsv next year with walk though!

On 7/25/2019 at 10:21 AM, bamaboy said:

I agree.  I think it will be a great seller.  But it ain't no G killer.  

considering the price points it may well take some market share away, the prices have gone crazy past few years on all boats. Boat sales across the country are way down this year compared to last year and much has to do with huge price hikes, tariffs, material cost etc.. The economy is not where it was last year...

those hard set on a G23 may be hard pressed not to check this boat out for probably $30-35k savings. That may leave enough funds for someone (who actually is thinking) to afford the appropriate boat lift for said purchased boat... normally the vast majority of folks buying these dont leave enough funds to purchase a decent lift.. 

cant decide if i like or dislike the small screen placement, with kiddos i'm guessing they would think its an ipad and start pressing all sorts of buttons with such easy access there haha. Naturally we probably all grab our phones more than pushing buttons on touch screens so the placement may make sense for the majority. i'd be more worry about bumps and accidental hits but its a nice refresh 

i think its aobut time for the 15" touch screen like pavati! 

The boat looks ok, but I guess I don't understand the target market when you already have a 22 and 24 in the same configuration.  Are people really passing on the 24 and going to buy a G or 23LSV because they don't want to deal with the extra 12" in the boat?  I think the 24' market is going to grow with the trend towards bigger boats, but lots of people just don't want the hideous bow hull shape of the MXZ.  The 24MXZ would have been my boat of choice, but my wife wouldn't even consider it due to the looks.  Now cut off the batman points and round it off like the G and I think you sell that boat better than the LSV.  What benefits to those bow points have on the Malibu?

Edited by eubanks
28 minutes ago, eubanks said:

The boat looks ok, but I guess I don't understand the target market when you already have a 22 and 24 in the same configuration.  Are people really passing on the 24 and going to buy a G or 23LSV because they don't want to deal with the extra 12" in the boat?  I think the 24' market is going to grow with the trend towards bigger boats, but lots of people just don't want the hideous bow hull shape of the MXZ.  The 24MXZ would have been my boat of choice, but my wife wouldn't even consider it due to the looks.  Now cut off the batman points and round it off like the G and I think you sell that boat better than the LSV.  What benefits to those bow points have on the Malibu?

I tend to agree with the "look" comments.. just can't get over that nose but I know some people love it, so I guess it works that they make both. The Supra SL style nose looks great nice, not so in love with the square pointy Malibu design  I think part of the buying decision also comes down to towing weight for those of us who need to tow to the lake. The 24 and 25' boats start to require a serious tow vehicle which isn't practical for everyone. For us the 23LSV was the upper limit as I wanted to be able to tow comfortably with a mid-sized SUV vs a 3/4 ton truck.  I could have fit a 24MXZ in my garage but it would have likely been touching the back wall and impossible to get around.  If the 23MXZ has been in the mix this year we might have considered it but I think we would have still ended up with the 23LSV (my wife would not look at anything smaller than a 23.. so the 22's were out.)

9 hours ago, The Hulk said:

is there that big of a demand for this?

i get the 22/24 MX adding a 23? i guess you can pick up +1 person compared to the 23lsv. 

seems like we'll have all style boats in every length except the much needed 27lsv!

Centurion pushing near 26ft, Pavati near 27ft,

lets go malibu 10ft wide 27lsv next year with walk though!

Just brake down and get this already. It even has a diving board.

ACE7D91B-777E-4CAE-B4F1-2BCAD5F88BC7.thumb.jpeg.3bc2e314d5f17e230bf74656bc031cee.jpeg

B8D08CCE-083F-4494-95C2-EFF0C5DC8916.thumb.jpeg.1b53b15a634e00dd922582e4ddb21b11.jpeg

40 minutes ago, IXFE said:

@gregtay and @eubanks... should I pencil you guys in as taking the UNDER?  

Eubanks is local to me so maybe he’s willing to bet lunch!  

I think no question the 23 the outsells the other two combined. I think the 22 sales will dry up VERY fast... zero demand. And I think the 23 will easily outsell the 24(especially with the new 25 leading the way these days.) So IXFE... in a rare turn of events I agree with you 😬.

11 minutes ago, NWBU said:

I’m taking the over on this one too. Fills a big hole in the pickle line since the 22 cabin feels like a 20-21’ boat, and the next size up (24) is actually almost 25’.

Yep... as I said earlier the current (2019) line up didn't really have a picklefork boat that was an option for us. 22 was too small, 24 was just more boat than we wanted... that gap between the two was huge.  It is possible our kids(who always love the bow) could have swayed us to the 23MXZ if we were buying this year (and I like the new wakeview seat and other new touches.)  I say it sells like hotcakes.  Curious to see how it impacts 23LSV sales in 2020. The 23LSV already feels slightly "old" compared to the new touches in the 25 and the 23MXZ and it seems like a lot of 23 buyers moved up to the 25 this year. Who knows.. maybe I get crazy and flip this year and end up with a 23MXZ next year. :-O

• Like 2