Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 23 MXZ

Five Cent Worth

Choice?  My garage might only fit a 22 foot boat.  Your lift might be rated for a 24 foot and you have 6 kids.  My friend loves the 23 foot set up, not too big, not too small.  It's all about choice!

On 7/20/2019 at 1:51 AM, Chappy said:

A lot to like, I probably wold have gone this route if it was available last year. Love the exterior and the new Malibu logo.  Interior does look a little like a patchwork quilt but not as offensive as some. My rule is no more than 2 colors on the interior.

My rule is : CHANGE THE STEERING 

31 minutes ago, IXFE said:

Seriously why not?  As long as Malibu sells enough of each to justify the mold cost (which is already sunk on the 22 and 24), why not???

My 24 is really too big for my slip, but I wasn’t willing to go all the way down to a 22. I just live with having to pull it too far forward on the lift or letting it hang out the back a little further than I’d like. The 23 would’ve filled that void nicely. I agree with you. Why not?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, TC_2006_VLX said:

Can someone explain the need to have a 22, 23, and 24 ft MXZ?

Price point(s) as well.  

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Five Cent Worth said:

Price point(s) as well.  

This! It gets the buyer some flexibility... maybe a bigger boat with fewer options versus a smaller boat with a bunch of boxes checked.  Then you have the goldilocks boat at 23ft for both the LSV and the MXZ.  Honestly wouldn't be too surprised to watch the 24MXZ fade into the sunset and a 25MXZ create that delta that they have in the LSV line.  Or... that rumored M2XX that is coming out will fill the void.  Time will tell I suppose!

I think they did a great job on this! Interested to learn more about 'Stern Turn'. It looks like they traded some cup holders for cell phone holders, which is probably a good idea, but at the same time, you can use a cup holder to hold a cell phone, but not the other way around. Cannot wait to see this boat in person!

I really like the placement of the grab handles in the Malibu line up. On Axis, the grab handles are on the seat back and it makes it very uncomfortable to sit sideways in the corners. I hope Axis relocates them to something similar to Malibu, or eliminates them completely.

Edited by Raimie

I really like the gel lines on this boat. This is my first crush on a pickle fork, and it makes me feel strange 🤣

So who are the MXZs for?  Is it really just pickle fork vs traditional bow or is there any wake difference.  

Love the stern thruster addition.  Hopefully it's integrated as well as on the GS.  Though it's probably way too much of an upcharge for me to actually consider it.

I'm not a new boat a year kind of guy, but I have a hint of remorse for being a year early on my foray into a dream boat!

1 hour ago, Pnwrider said:

Would love to know the details of the install, maybe start a new thread on it?

I ordered one yesterday for my 25. I will be posting some reviews. Might be a month or so before the install, but it looks and sounds straight forward. Cut three holes, Mount it and stretch some cables to the front of the boat. Hardest part for me, is to decide where to put the joystick control for easy access.

50 minutes ago, Sparky450 said:

I ordered one yesterday for my 25. I will be posting some reviews. Might be a month or so before the install, but it looks and sounds straight forward. Cut three holes, Mount it and stretch some cables to the front of the boat. Hardest part for me, is to decide where to put the joystick control for easy access.

thruster.jpg

• Like 2

The Install itself is basic , the difficulty is the large bolt that has the harness coming from it mounts exactly between the stringer so takes some work and time getting it through, we have also added a third battery as it does use some power with a lot of use .

I Have found the thrust on the starboard side is very good but probably 50% on port side due to it hitting the wedge, Easy drive have sent me a pair of diverter cowls which should improved the port side thrust .

There are 2 Joysticks available the Led one looks the best ,I will take a picture at weekend of were we installed it, Looks good