Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 23 MXZ

Five Cent Worth

Our dealer put the new 2020 23 MXZ they have in stock on the web site this morning.  They do a nice job with photos and I know lots of questions inter mixed between many threads.  Figured I would just start a new thread dedicated to this new model.  Feel free to trash it if we don't think it is needed.

https://www.lakenormanmarina.com/default.asp?page=xInventoryDetail&id=7444765&p=1&make=malibu boats&s=Year&d=D&fr=xallinventory

A lot to like, I probably wold have gone this route if it was available last year. Love the exterior and the new Malibu logo.  Interior does look a little like a patchwork quilt but not as offensive as some. My rule is no more than 2 colors on the interior.

I agree. I would think it needs an m6. It’s a good looking boat. Not sure I like the speaker placement in the bow though. It’s not uncommon for us to have 3 people in the bow of our 24 mxz facing the rear of the boat. Seems like that takes away that option. 

Biggest thing gone unnoticed is it has a pop up pylon in the walk through. One reason I know some people don't like the MXZ is the rear pylon is not there.

6 hours ago, IXFE said:

Bro, where ya been... that platform is old news 

6 hours ago, bamaboy said:

Apparently he's been toobing with his cobalt

5 hours ago, Stevo said:

bahahaha

cobalt the true industry crossover.

hows that ski wake

Don’t forget, the price of these wakeboats is getting out of hand. I’m gonna buy a six figure I/O...

On 7/19/2019 at 5:29 PM, Eagleboy99 said:

That is one very busy interior though.

I agree with this.  A bit too choppy for me.  I am interested in seeing more of these in other color combos.

19 hours ago, Pnwrider said:

Don’t forget, the price of these wakeboats is getting out of hand. I’m gonna buy a six figure I/O...

Demod a Cobalt R25 surf.  Salesman stated 150-180K depending on options.  Not sure if that is MSRP or out the door but at least the nicer I/Os like Cobalt aren’t saving you any money vs an inboard.  

A 6 figure pontoon may be a better option for those on a budget. 😎

I really like that the wedge settings are numbered on that new screen.  I'd love to see a software update for the older viper screens to do that, so tough to communicate where the wedge is to someone in the water for example.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, gregtay said:

Agree as well.  Really challenging to communicate the wedge position with the current implementation.  I would love to see the software updated on our boats but I have a feeling that will never happen.   Actually I wish Malibu would just open source their software on the pre-2020 system and let people play around.  It's not like we would make it any less stable than it is now.

It would take one engineer about 10 minutes to re-write this code and make this change.

On 7/20/2019 at 11:52 PM, Pnwrider said:

Nope.   Bought the cs22 for under 70k.  And yes the kids love riding the tube behind it.  My back doesn’t let me ski much, if anymore. 

Thanks for reminding me why I don’t come around here much.  

Edited by bamabonners
Correction