Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Add this to this list of things I should have done Day 1...

rsutton1223

29 minutes ago, Txstoj said:

@Ronnie -I was actually looking at that last time I was on the boat and my theory is they don’t want people trying to enter the boat there where they could have a bunch of warranty claims for people grabbing or falling on the windshield frame.  Kind of a hard spot to step through  with the angle of the tower arch.

It didn't stop the clowns at the dealership from entering that way during a warranty fix. The Croc shoe print on the “light graphite” confirmed it. I also added the SeaDek in that area or it was walking on an ice rink to get my long boards up there.

37 minutes ago, Txstoj said:

@Ronnie -I was actually looking at that last time I was on the boat and my theory is they don’t want people trying to enter the boat there where they could have a bunch of warranty claims for people grabbing or falling on the windshield frame.  Kind of a hard spot to step through  with the angle of the tower arch.

Yeah, I think it would be good for the boats with the storage bimini but I don't get that option. I can see ordering it if you're out all day but with us on the lake we don't take that many boards out. 

13 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yeah, I think it would be good for the boats with the storage bimini but I don't get that option. I can see ordering it if you're out all day but with us on the lake we don't take that many boards out. 

We dry stack so my son's board stays up there as we don't feel like transporting all of the wakeboards and surfboards every day. For only 3 of us (wife, son and myself)...we have a lot of boards!

1 hour ago, Ronnie said:

Regardless of the reason for omission there, it looks like they forgot something. It should be there for aesthetic reasons IMO.

We are on a weekend trip right now with one other family - 6 kids, 4 adults.  8 boards.  3 zups, kids surf, my P5, wife’s Victoria, and two beginner surfboards (guy and gals).  And I wish I had a wakeboard as well....

On 7/11/2019 at 12:37 PM, rsutton1223 said:

They have it on their website. I have a '19 as well. Just add to cart and done!

No template process ?

On 7/13/2019 at 1:18 PM, rsutton1223 said:

No. It is a catalog item for them.

Ordered it off their site right when the boat was coming in, took about 25 mins. to install and looks great.  Totally agree with everyone else on here, a very worthy upgrade.  There are few places I would like to be able to add a little more: 

- Top of the glove box

- Between the tower and the windshield

- Inside the storage lockers

Anyone have luck getting custom patterns made with GatorStep?

1 hour ago, Mattyb said:

Ordered it off their site right when the boat was coming in, took about 25 mins. to install and looks great.  Totally agree with everyone else on here, a very worthy upgrade.  There are few places I would like to be able to add a little more: 

- Top of the glove box

- Between the tower and the windshield

- Inside the storage lockers

Anyone have luck getting custom patterns made with GatorStep?

Top of the glovebox is a great idea... that area gets scuffed a lot and the soft touch material would probably look nicer than the naked gel.

I am in the process of custom patterns for the tower to windshield spot and the gel between the driver seat and first cushion.  It seems to take a while (at least this time of year) but it's going fine.  You send in the template, they send back paper samples, mod if necessary and repeat.  I'm on the mod process from the first sample set and they are supposed to be working on that this week.

59 minutes ago, Ronnie said:

Yacht Services Inc.

Denton, Texas

SeaDek

He also does my seat bases all the around the boat.

I've got them measuring the storage lockers in a 2019 23LSV right now.  And they already have a template for the space between the tower and windshield which I stand on often.

1 hour ago, eubanks said:

I've got them measuring the storage lockers in a 2019 23LSV right now.  And they already have a template for the space between the tower and windshield which I stand on often.

How do we order that one? Have to call them?

I have done the 4 Pieces on the center rear between the Swim platform seats. It's Black on Black so hard to get good pics. As you can  image.thumb.png.d4fd47e59bfe9a1e3c49da798597c4d3.png see, they take some hits. Usually leaves white smudge when someone drags across it. They clean up easy.

Seadek storage template for 2019 23LSV.  I might just get the pieces to cover the bare deck in the storage rather than replace the pieces that already have a rubber pad attached to the deck from the factory.

Seadek.jpeg

@dalt1 Love that, nice work getting the extra pieces done.  I am going to take some paper along with me when I head to the lake this weekend and start templating out some additional pieces

@ajive If you wouldnt mind sharing the templates when you get them, that would be awesome, no need to reinvent the wheel.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got my GatorStep. This stuff is awesome!

Scraped Silver Cloud on top of Black. It's a perfect match for the factory soft flooring.

gpUA_nJb9XMlleP0rfpuA1Pivn_NUO2GoZ32Poku

wDTB3LKG0O4-cJUdhKLDrcPU-b8688KFQ8AhxNrP

BiKE_wvymiuzAhT393G4bQy4-5l3dp0Y9Vmew-R_

clQ1xKH1wZsC3cxO5OiY5y-uYfdlXIQ9Il3-FW5f

RRyr2g2vu5BM5yubNGdJyGESrnuhfKRjhBLkymOu

Also, that section between the windshield and the tower can be easily done with a 2.5" x 24" strip. It's extremely straight and doesn't really need any special cuts or template. That's for a 2019 23 LSV by the way.

6B0iIsOVAu79CbtG4RA-k8xG964vPYuSeXUJsxp3

On 7/17/2019 at 8:24 AM, Mattyb said:

@dalt1 Love that, nice work getting the extra pieces done.  I am going to take some paper along with me when I head to the lake this weekend and start templating out some additional pieces

@ajive If you wouldnt mind sharing the templates when you get them, that would be awesome, no need to reinvent the wheel.

@Mattyb here are the pieces I made for my 18 23LSV.  They look great, but are actually about 1/8" wider than the rail pads I ordered as part of an off the shelf kit.  No one will notice but me though. Also, the line work on the floor area I did is a bit wider than the factory stuff, noticable by me but I doubt I'll ever think about it again!

If you want, PM me and I'll give you my info and the guy I worked with and I'm sure they can cut you a set.

IMG_20190731_185929.jpg

IMG_20190731_185921.jpg

IMG_20190731_185915.jpg

Edited by ajive