Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

2020 Post up your new Malibu/Axis boats.

Ronnie

Just now, G Spot said:

Brought home this beauty yesterday and then got to spend the afternoon playing with the new dash. Love everything about it! I really didn't expect that I would like this one as much as the last, but it exceeded expectations!

Mad props to the guys at WSA for making this such a fun and seamless process - from building to selling the old one to buying the new one!

IMG_5090.jpeg

That white logo on the side really pops!  Nice!

Looks awesome. Mine came with black soft grip on my rails as well. They realized it was in error and needed to send my deal the matching grey. I wonder if there is something in the system that does not allow it to be changed while ordering. Or perhaps you ordered it with black instead of matching the graphite. Great looking boat!

10 hours ago, timmypop said:

Looks awesome. Mine came with black soft grip on my rails as well. They realized it was in error and needed to send my deal the matching grey. I wonder if there is something in the system that does not allow it to be changed while ordering. Or perhaps you ordered it with black instead of matching the graphite. Great looking boat!

I know during my 2019 order I was told they option was black or black.  I would assume with the additional colors for the floor in 2020 they also allow for more deck colors but I could see "black" still being the default.  The option of "black only" for the top deck is what drove me to just order up Gatorstep in the color I wanted

10 hours ago, timmypop said:

Good catch! I had to look back at my order sheet, which actually does say graphite/ebony top deck soft grip. The inside of this boat is almost identical to my 2019 so I didn't even notice that. Only difference is the graphite flooring versus sterling in 2019. 

The black doesn't bother me. Do you think graphite would look better?

11 minutes ago, G Spot said:

Good catch! I had to look back at my order sheet, which actually does say graphite/ebony top deck soft grip. The inside of this boat is almost identical to my 2019 so I didn't even notice that. Only difference is the graphite flooring versus sterling in 2019. 

The black doesn't bother me. Do you think graphite would look better?

IMO, I think the graphite would look better.  It would match the seats better, especially since you don't have any black on the boat.

ahopkins22LSV

Personally, I like the black top deck. Granted most of our hull is black, but we don't have any black inside except for the dash, drivers seat back, etc. I think it ties into those well on our boat and @G Spot's.

I just wish the VTX would have pieces for between the G3.5 tower and windshield. :Tease3: If anyone at Malibu is reading this :)

1 hour ago, gregtay said:

The option of "black only" for the top deck is what drove me to just order up Gatorstep in the color I wanted

I should have done that. Assuming Gatorstep will have a hard time matching. 

On 3/19/2020 at 12:29 PM, G Spot said:

Brought home this beauty yesterday and then got to spend the afternoon playing with the new dash. Love everything about it! I really didn't expect that I would like this one as much as the last, but it exceeded expectations!

Mad props to the guys at WSA for making this such a fun and seamless process - from building to selling the old one to buying the new one!

IMG_5045.jpeg

IMG_5048.jpeg

IMG_5046.jpeg

IMG_5090.jpeg

Great looking boat! Tri axle trailers are just BA! 

Hello All,

Just ordered a new 2020 21VLX so now am just waiting on the spray date and hoping the Covid chaos doesnt delay it to much. Look forward to seeing everyone's pix and will post mine once received!

Jesse

does anyone know if the factory is still functional?  They were on Monday, but not sure if things have changed.

1 hour ago, gahvey said:

does anyone know if the factory is still functional?  They were on Monday, but not sure if things have changed.

Should be fine. If you ask anyone on here I’m pretty sure it would be unanimous that boating is a “critical” industry!

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, AxleGrease99 said:

Well since Corona ruined our plans to see the Blackhawks play the Preds we had time to run up north and check out this beauty. Now we just need the ice to melt and salt to wash off the roads and we’ll bring her home. 

07C33334-E3CD-47DA-BC11-147F416F23CF.jpeg

EB11A377-4E7F-40F2-B374-33013769374B.jpeg

Nice boat!  Don’t forget to put the tower down before you pull it out!  😄

28 minutes ago, Cazan said:

Nice boat!  Don’t forget to put the tower down before you pull it out!  😄

Thanks!🤣 

It’s still in the dealers storage. He’s gonna install my SternTurn before I pick it up anyhow. 

20 minutes ago, malibu maniac said:

This is my 13th Malibu and by far the best.

Although it is 10 times more expensive than my first one :lol:

IMG_0757.jpg

interior.JPG

60211311123__03C626C9-71BE-47F1-926A-DA4E0EC6E39F.JPG

Nice!  Looks like a new hitch setup is in order as that front axle is doing some work.

18 hours ago, malibu maniac said:

This is my 13th Malibu and by far the best.

Although it is 10 times more expensive than my first one :lol:

IMG_0757.jpg

interior.JPG

60211311123__03C626C9-71BE-47F1-926A-DA4E0EC6E39F.JPG

LOVE the interior! Well done!