Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

ACME and UPS how will it go update...

awilco

I got home tonight to see a large box from UPS sitting in front of my garage door, right in line with the wheels of my truck. UPS always leaves packages on our porch, but no this time.

Here is the kicker. It contained a musuem qaulity brass locomotive valued at 2K. I need to scrub my seats.

It contained a musuem qaulity brass locomotive valued at 2K. I need to scrub my seats.

Shocking.gif Did you make a phone call or two? Sounds like it might be worth the time for the safety of future deliveries.

Hmmm, there's a potential for a neat scam.

I'll get an old busted up laptop. Send it to myself via UPS. Have them deliver when I'm having my daily nap. Hope they leave it against the garage door. Drive over it. Pick up a new laptop. Only takes a month.

Neato!

Being in the business...

I'd never leave anything in the driveway or near a garage door. I always try to conceal it somewhere near the front door.

Being in the business...

I'd never leave anything in the driveway or near a garage door. I always try to conceal it somewhere near the front door.

Is being a boat mechanic your second job? Whats your first?

Is being a boat mechanic your second job? Whats your first?
Our boy Pete is now gainfully employed as a FedEx driver. Clap.gif

That sucks. I was hoping for TMC sticker on the Brown. Biggrin.gif

It contained a musuem qaulity brass locomotive valued at 2K. I need to scrub my seats.

Shocking.gif Did you make a phone call or two? Sounds like it might be worth the time for the safety of future deliveries.

This has never been an issue before. I don't know if it a new driver or what. My next door neighbor is a professional photographer. He has most things shipped to his home. Many times they are family pictures that up to 4 feet long. He often has several thousands of dollars in boxes coming, always on the front porch.

I guess the driver just got lazy this tgime, unless this is some type of new company policy.

A buddy is a superviser at the UPS distribution center. I have helped him out a few tickets. I will say somehting to him about it.

Yeah,

I'm gainfully employed allright, working 10-13 hr. days, Mon-Fri.

Don't worry about your short hours. In December it will pick up to 16-20 hr days, Mon-Sat.

All,

UPS paid Acme. I got a credit MEMO from Acme in the mail Saturday. The whole process took just about a month. I reported the damage to UPS the 21st of Sept. I guess it was better near the end of the season rather than the start.

Thanks to all for their opinions and support. If you are luckey enough to be in a climate where you are still skiing best to you. I will ski one or two more weekends then winterize the Response and buy a new prop later this winter.

Thanks again,

Andy

I wonder if the claim payment is tracked back to the driver and if it becomes part of his personnel file for performance reviews.