Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Malibu's 2007 Website is UP!

larrys

Nice site. Did all the models go up in price substantially? Unless I looked at something wrong the Vride went up 20%.

Vride MSRP in 06 was around $39,900, but it appears it has gone up this year to almost $48...

vRide

MSRP: $47,778.00

I was wondering the same thing - was thinking the MSRP on our 06 was around $39K...

Anyway, the site looks great - seems to be working fine from here.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• stewart

• WakeGirl

• SunriseH2OSkier

• Malibudude

Looks like they are offering production photos on the site now too. Was that there before?

Hopefully they Gear pages will be better now too. I've had trouble getting the Club Malibu discount to come up and getting the site to remember me from the last visit/purchase. I've actually had a cart full with items to order and got frustrated with the checkout and canceled it all.

I did not have time to look very much but what makes a silver edition worth $20K more than a regular VLX??

Man!

P

Looks like the Silver Edition has all of the options standard on it that you could want on a regular VLX. Engine, stereo, stuff like that. Not saying it's 20k worth of stuff, but there is the labor that they had on making the emblems for the Silver Edition :lol:

Also, you get a nice trailer standard. Looks to me that when you order this boat, you shouldn't have to spend much time thinking about what you want on it. It's all standard.

Edited by GoldschlagerVT
Sunsetter LXI is gone for '07. EDIT: It looks like they've done away with the 21.5 & 23 XTI variants as well. I would suspect that you can get one of the Wakesetter XTIs on the Diamond hull, but it looks like the traditional LXI dd boat is gone. That's consistent with what I've been hearing since the beginning of the year.

Isn't it just fitting that the year Malibudude upgrades to a V drive is the same year that his boat is no longer offered by Malibu...aaahhhhh....the end of an era. ROFL.gif

Holly crap is right on the prices, 55k msrp on the vlx, what's that going to be set up nice 60k???

Well maybe time to look at the new Supra 22ssv, a Tige 22ve or a Moomba....

Prices climb out of site

No large true ski boat any longer - after '04 when they made the SLXI a barge. Looks like a bad decison since the boat is now gone - If marketing is guiding this company then how did they get this wrong. Hell, I could have told them the new boat was a non-starter, and I'm a MONGO.

Dealer sales guy suggests the 247 DD would be a great option when I step out of my SLXI - says wakes are really small - yeah right. This boat would begreat for the Haitians or Cubans.

How many V drives does malibu need - let's see I count 13. What's next, 3 inch increments from 16' to 28'!!

I'll be looking for another boat company - very depressing.

Long odds says the ski boat market, correct that, the wakeboard boat market, will start to decline with the steep prices - (I mean, is a loud stereo and gaudy graphics really worth an extra $25K) will see market share shift to I/O's. Spoiled little johnny will finally hear daddy say no to the expensive hole in the water.

There, that was very cathartic!!

Edited by mongo
The RLXi base went up over $5,000? Holy crap! Must be the new windshield.

If you think that's bad, how 'bout $38k base for a closed-bow Response! I know there are discounts to be had, but sheesh!

For comparison, I took my '03 RLXi out-the-door, very nicely optioned, (with the $6500 Corvette package), including PPass & a nice T/A trailer with stainless fenders & alloy wheels for less than the base price on the '07.

Getting awful close to a jump-the-shark moment here.

In the owners experience section there are pictures of new malibuowners in soup lines! I saw another picture of a guy breaking open his kids piggy bank!!! I'm thinking I'll submit a picture of me givng malibu my left testacle just because I want one of their new boats SOOOOO BAADDDD!

Keep your old boats. There is nothing wrong with them. Malibu made a boat to last. Mine is a dream come true - 275 hrs and still ticking. - Maybe I can get drip molded graphics that says "TIMEX" No, better yet, "TIMELESS".

another cathartic moment. Now I'll give it a rest.

Edited by mongo
Did you notice the link to TMC in the Links section?

Yup, we had that last year & when we first started out on the '05 site as well.

I did not have time to look very much but what makes a silver edition worth $20K more than a regular VLX??

There are a bunch of trim appointments that aren't available at all on the other models, even as options (including different carpet). The trailer is either fully polished, chromed or stainless steel (can't remember which at the moment) & fully decked out. There are a few other things as well as the options that Goldshlager mentions. I don't know if it's worth the extra either, but it is definitely sweet.

As for the prices, I can't say that I disagree. I look at what it would cost to replace my boat, even with a good deal like we got last year & I'm thinking that we'll stay put. But FWIW, it's the same with the other boat manufacturers. They're jacking their prices as well.

I was just looking through the options on the 20' wakesetter VTX and noticed a few options that are not available. Does n/a mean not available?

I would think these two options would be nice to have on a 20' boat. Crazy.gif

Features:

Carpet, Storage & Canvas Options

Premium Polypropylene Carpeting standard

Cruise Control Options

Perfect Pass Digital Pro optional

Precision Pro Speed Control standard

Additional Options

Bow lifting eye optional

Core Wakesetter Vinyl Graphic Decals optional

Driver's Seat Heater optional

Flip Up Bolster Driver's Seat standard

Functional good looks n/a

Grunge Wakesetter Vinyl Graphic Decals optional

Halogen Docking Lights (Stainless Steel) optional

Heater - Three outlet optional

Heater - Two outlet optional

Hot water shower (n/a with closed cooling) optional

Interior Beauty n/a

Locking glove box standard

Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system) optional

Malibu Launch System (Midship Ballast system) standard

Malibu Launch System (Rear Ballast system) standard

Malibu Sound Suppression Technology (MSST) standard

Pop-up bow light optional

Pull up cleats - One Pair Front optional

Pull up cleats - Two Pair optional

Pylon - chrome upgrade optional

Rubrail (Stainless rubrail w/through holes) standard

Ski tow bar/rear grab handle standard

Transom Underwater Swim Light optional

Voltage Sensative Relay w/Dual Battery Set Up optional

Voltage Sensative Relay w/Dual Set Up & Single Disconnect Switch optional

Wakesetter decals standard

Wedge (complete) Polished (MANUAL) optional

Wedge (Power) optional

Wedge Foil Polished optional

Wedge plate optional

Oops.gif These are actually on the site!

Between the big prices and continuing to get farther away from classic looks, it will be interesting to see if they can keep their sale #s up.

Other than the Response Lx, and there's only 1 picture of it, there's nothing on the whole site that excites me. The silver edition Lxi is hideous. They've made the Lxi look like a wakeboard boat.

As far as prices go, they are high but compare them to a quality I/O (Cobalt, Crownline, etc). The prices for a Malibu aren't that much higher. Now if your comparing it to a Bayliner or Maxum, than the prices will seem very high.

I was just looking through the options on the 20' wakesetter VTX and noticed a few options that are not available. Does n/a mean not available?

I would think these two options would be nice to have on a 20' boat. Crazy.gif

Features:

Carpet, Storage & Canvas Options

Premium Polypropylene Carpeting standard

Cruise Control Options

Perfect Pass Digital Pro optional

Precision Pro Speed Control standard

Additional Options

Bow lifting eye optional

Core Wakesetter Vinyl Graphic Decals optional

Driver's Seat Heater optional

Flip Up Bolster Driver's Seat standard

Functional good looks n/a

Grunge Wakesetter Vinyl Graphic Decals optional

Halogen Docking Lights (Stainless Steel) optional

Heater - Three outlet optional

Heater - Two outlet optional

Hot water shower (n/a with closed cooling) optional

Interior Beauty n/a

Locking glove box standard

Malibu Launch System (Bow Ballast system) optional

Malibu Launch System (Midship Ballast system) standard

Malibu Launch System (Rear Ballast system) standard

Malibu Sound Suppression Technology (MSST) standard

Pop-up bow light optional

Pull up cleats - One Pair Front optional

Pull up cleats - Two Pair optional

Pylon - chrome upgrade optional

Rubrail (Stainless rubrail w/through holes) standard

Ski tow bar/rear grab handle standard

Transom Underwater Swim Light optional

Voltage Sensative Relay w/Dual Battery Set Up optional

Voltage Sensative Relay w/Dual Set Up & Single Disconnect Switch optional

Wakesetter decals standard

Wedge (complete) Polished (MANUAL) optional

Wedge (Power) optional

Wedge Foil Polished optional

Wedge plate optional

Oops.gif These are actually on the site!

I just looked on the site again and it looks they fixed the typo.

The calculator went crazy on the new web site! The Ride Series MSRPs that were posted were wrong. You are all absolutely, right! Actually, due to a database error Ride Series pricing on the 2007 Web Site was miscalculated and posted incorrectly. That guy is so fired. Just kidding. Cause that guy would probably be me. Not a guy at all. Ha!

Ride Series pricing is as follows:

iRide $36,900.00

vRide $40,900.00

Ride Xti $37,900.00

These prices all include a tandem axel trailer. They do not include tax, freight, dealer prep, license, or a partridge in a pear tree. The web site has been updated to reflect this pricing.

Now that we have that out of the way... let's talk about the Silver Edition boats. These boats are going to be more expensive than their regular edition counter parts. (IE the Wakesetter VLX and the Response LXi.) Look at what you are getting for your money with these models. They are loaded!

First and foremost these are limited editions. You will not be able to get these boats any other year. And look what you get...

Response LXi SE

Silver Edition Extreme T/A Trailer: Pivot Hitch, Stainless Fenders, 17” Malibu Wheels, Large LED running and break lights and a Spare Tire Rack and Malibu Wheel

383 Hammerhead Engine

Silver Metallic gelcoat accent (not available on any other model)

Silver Accent Vinyl (not available on any other model)

Silver Carpet (not available on any other model)

Silver Edition Issotta Steering Wheel & Knob

25th Anniversary in LCD Display

Billet Glove Box Door w/Silver Edition Logo

Silver Edition Embroidered Carpet Saver (not available on any other model)

Stereo – Rockford Fosgate Amp, Sub, 4-Speakers and Sony Deck

Interior Stainless Backlit Malibu Emblems

Extrerior Stainless Silver Edition Emblems (not available on any other model)

Silver Edition Leather Jacket

Silver Edition Boat Cover

Fiberglass Swim Step

Wakesetter VLX SE

Silver Edition Extreme T/A Trailer: Pivot Hitch, Stainless Fenders, 17” Malibu Wheels, Large LED running and break lights and a Spare Tire Rack and Malibu Wheel

383 Hammerhead Engine

Silver Metallic gelcoat accent (not available on any other model)

Silver Accent Vinyl (not available on any other model)

Silver Carpet (not available on any other model)

Silver Edition Issotta Steering Wheel & Knob

25th Anniversary in LCD Display

Billet Glove Box Door w/Silver Edition Logo

Silver Edition Embroidered Carpet Saver (not available on any other model)

Stereo – Rockford Fosgate Amp, Sub, 4-Speakers and Sony Deck

Interior Stainless Backlit Malibu Emblems

Extrerior Stainless Silver Edition Emblems (not available on any other model)

Silver Edition Leather Jacket

Silver Edition Boat Cover

Fiberglass Swim Step

Patented Power Wedge

As you can see, these boats are very unique. They are completely loaded with options and model-specific accessories. You have to see to believe.

Thanks for the time. If you have any specific questions, please feel free to e-mail me. [email protected]. I’m here for The Crew anytime.

Thanks,

Amy Mauzy

Malibu Boats