Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Electric Pickup

AJwakedevil

I drove a Tesla Model S for a week or so with "ludicrous mode" (not mine) and it was a very nice car and very fast.  I don't think I would trade a similarly-priced German car with an RS, AMG, or M badge for it, however.  As far as electric trucks go, I'd love to have more good options, but the proof is in the pudding so to speak.  

11 hours ago, jjackkrash said:

I drove a Tesla Model S for a week or so with "ludicrous mode" (not mine) and it was a very nice car and very fast.  I don't think I would trade a similarly-priced German car with an RS, AMG, or M badge for it, however.  As far as electric trucks go, I'd love to have more good options, but the proof is in the pudding so to speak.  

:plus1:  If I am spending that kind of cash I am looking into many other vehicles that work for me. As for a truck you will need to prove the battery life before I even give them a little look. Living in a cold long winter and vehicles sitting for days I just don't look for them to be something I could own. We have had two Tesla's burn to the ground in the town close to me. The fire departments don't carry anything more the water in the pumper trucks and it does not seam to be able to knock down the electric vehicle fires.

My biggest issue with electric vehicles are the owners that can't stop talking about them and encouraging everyone else to get one. We all get it...they're fast and they don't use gas...

6 hours ago, jetskipro550 said:

My biggest issue with electric vehicles are the owners that can't stop talking about them and encouraging everyone else to get one. We all get it...they're fast and they don't use gas...

I love my all E vehicle and I mostly charge at work so no pay for electricity. Did I mention how fast is is?

On 8/14/2019 at 2:11 PM, jetskipro550 said:

23 hours ago, dalt1 said:

I love my all E vehicle and I mostly charge at work so no pay for electricity. Did I mention how fast is is?

Full discloser, I work for Nissan and really do currently have a LEAF all electric car.