Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

Dogs & Boats

redsoxfan84

18 minutes ago, rennis said:

you guys are better pet owners than we are.  Well, actually just me.  Linds would love to have Iggy on the boat.  But as the official Cleaner of Boat in this household, I have a firm No Shedding Dogs policy on the T220.  and our dog sheds worse than Mudge on a car ride to the vet. 

Dogs were ok in the boat, but not on the furniture in the house (wife's rule not mine).  The dog hair is by far the worst part of a dog being on my boat.  Aside from the dog hair, I accidentally have gotten my boat dirtier than my dog ever did.  Honestly, the hair is the only damage the dog did to the boat.  Bugs get the boat dirtier than the dog did.

2 hours ago, rennis said:

you guys are better pet owners than we are.  Well, actually just me.  Linds would love to have Iggy on the boat.  But as the official Cleaner of Boat in this household, I have a firm No Shedding Dogs policy on the T220.  and our dog sheds worse than Mudge on a car ride to the vet. 

I just have conventional carpet in my boat and after letting it dry, a bit of vacuuming isn't that bad. I get it though, some people have issues with the inside of the boat getting WET (insane, but I read it on here sometimes) let alone getting covered with dog hair. 

We currently have 3 Weimaraners that all go in the boat. In fact they are out with us most trips. They don’t shed like a lab or a retriever but they still shed some. 

I can tell you I spend much less time vacuuming after the dogs than when we have friends with kids come. 

OrondoWakeFoil

There's a pic of our Labradors wearing neoprene boots in the linked comment (Click the arrow in the upper-right of the embedded post).  I didn't have any issues with the vinyl seats, but I found that the Lab claws destroyed the soft decking in the M235/M240.  So my daughter trained them to wear neoprene boots.  They can swim with them just fine.  I've only ever had one boot fall off one time.  I prefer the "Bark Brite" brand on Amzn.

Edited by OrondoWakeFoil

My 3 labs love to swim, and they love to go for a boat ride / float. The love the lilly pad the most, and we just got a blow up device that has a sling in the middle of it that they can climb right to the platform. 

What they don't care for so much is when someone is surfing. All 3 of them need to follow anyone that jumps in the lake as they are clearly in need of help. My oldest pup literally needs held in the boat by an adult to avoid her "saving" the rider.