Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

What goes where? (Storage Compartments)

eubanks

On 1/26/2022 at 7:54 PM, dalt1 said:

I did it 2 years ago on my 18 and it is the perfect place for my anchors. I keep my box and collapsible grapple both in there. No dragging it through the boat from one of the other storage areas to drop from the bow.image.png.0790dca5655a4b00972e55cdccf93064.pngimage.png.54c3246b4a45baec6a74f0b67fa2500e.png

I love this idea.  I have the heater on a new 25 LSV but I think it is doable.  There are so many options for the large cabinet behind the captains seat on the 25LSV.  Someone needs to build an organizer for it.

Since the thread was brought back up, my storage as follows.

1 and 2,  have ropes and bungies in the starboard side for tieing up. Often need to be at rear to fender or raft together anyway. Port side has small water toys football, frisbee type skippers, etc. 

3 and 5, Life jackets and helmet, dry on starboard then when wet they go to Port side. Inflatable stand up paddle board is in starboard when we have it along. 

4,  Swim fins and when needed wetsuits to pre warm.

6, Stock cooler, Garbage can, tool box, first aid kit, boat wipe down towels, Malibu owners manual/ paperwork, 100 spare coozies.

7 and 8,  have inflated Exile balls, spare fat sac, paddle, container with miscellaneous towels, jumper cables, speaker covers etc. Hydrofoil cover when it is not in rack.

9 and 11, get the daily trip items, snacks, towels, bags, purses, etc.

10, glove box the usual coozies, Ibuprofen, electronics chords, Screwdriver and Allen wrench set, etc.

12, last but not least the best solution for my 2 anchors storage.(See pics earlier in thread for modification) Why do they not put dedicated storage in the fore peak?

Tray under middle rear seat not numbered here gets ski/surf ropes. Need to be in this position on boat to hook to tower anyway.

Shoes go under middle rear seat along side where drains are in the floor. easy access.

Usually have 1 or 2 soft sided yetties in the bow or on the floor.

The 2 always used Large fenders on Fender Pros stay on the floor in the walkway to bow. Wedged in tight and never a problem to walk over but easily accessible without eating up huge amount of under seat storage.