Welcome to TheMalibuCrew!

As a guest, you are welcome to poke around and view the majority of the content that we have to offer, but in order to post, search, contact members, and get full use out of the website you will need to Register for an Account. It's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the TheMalibuCrew Family today!

24 MXZ or G23

cptotr

ahopkins22LSV

I have no measurements but the bimini for the GX tower on the 24 mxz I drove for an event this past year felt huge. And the rev tens were very loud. Stereo is a tricky thing to answer because it all depends on what you want and what your expectations are. I went with all factory and one set of rev 8’s. I think it sounds great but I understand why people go rev tens or do their own setup. Malibu stereos are like new car stereos now. All pre tuned without a ton of adjustment. You can adjust some through the 7” screen but you can’t adjust amps. It’s really good for 90-95% of buyers. Other want that extra mile so they do stereo delete and install or have someone install their own. FWIW, I can hear my icon 8’s surfing and even at ski speeds. Is it the loudest most lead sound in the world? No but it meets my expectations and I personally think is sounds good. 

In terms of the MXZ vs the LSV, I don’t think there is a wrong decision. They are both awesome and the mxz has an amazing wake. I haven’t been behind the new 25 yet. As others mentioned there are just some differences that are all personal preference. Mxz’s seem to be selling better around here lately so I wouldn’t worry too much about resale. We have no idea what the market will be in 2-3 years anyway. But what you want and what will serve your family best. 

Edited by ahopkinsVTX

With the GX you can only get the Rev10s from the factory. I'm not a fan of 4 Icons. I'd rather coin up and do one set of Rev8 or have your dealer install one set of Rev10s for either tower. I think spending the money on 4 Icons isn't the best money well spent. I believe the reason in bimini price difference is because of the bracket. On the GX it has a pistol pivot bracket to allow the tower to go all the way down. I'd for sure go for the GX tower down cover. That thing is bad a** and you can keep racks on with it now.